Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

New Orleans Bowl

Things get a little goofy when ULL plays in the Super Dome however ... I hope Nevada wins but I took ULL with my Bowl Mania pick.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

UL did improve but it was against a watered-down Sun Belt that was won by a team playing their first year of FBS football.  Another former FCS team, APPY St. creamed UL in their second to last game and they had to rally in the second half to beat 3-9 Troy in their last game.  If we show up we'll win.

I put a grand on Nevada as a pick um at the sports book. What do you think fellow MWC peeps will Nevada prove that the MWC is better than the SunBelt

It'll put into perspective is the MW #6/7 can beat the Sunbelt's #1 team (ULL I guess is #2 since Ga So was undefeated but not eligible for the bowl...plus they didn't against each other this year)

Reading the Rant, it seems like ULL fans aren't going to be heading down there like they have in year's prior.  Losing to LATech hurt them, and the kickoff time is keeping them away.  I can't believe a bowl in NOLA is kicking off that early.  What is the point?  Hungover in a dome at 11 am, post-game celebrating at 2pm?  Sucks.

its an early game, 9 AM mountain time.  Weird stuff happens in those early games which is why I'm not betting it. 

Nevada is the better team

I hope they are modifying their sleep schedule.  That is a 6-9 hour time difference from the normal playing time for the Pack.  Helps to level that playing field.

the kids must enjoy practicing in the Superdome!

ansd you can see Coach Polian on the sideline practicing ranting at the refs!

1476011_10153402859743222_76881959700565

The stands look exactly as they do during a Tulane home game. Hope you guys win. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

That is a nice endzone design however.........to bad couldn't get time off from work otherwise may have been able to head down there. What is interesting is the Wolf Pack women's basketball team is down in New Orleans as well right now for a tournament.

However this is essentially a home game for the Cajuns and we haven't played them since Big West days and with how the Fresno game went and half of the UNLV game went I would hope these kids on a chip on their shoulder and take it out on Louisiana....

But I did pick Louisiana to win

Things get a little goofy when ULL plays in the Super Dome however ... I hope Nevada wins but I took ULL with my Bowl Mania pick.

no joke, we lost to them on some last second bs calls that allowed them to make a FG for the win. Nevada should not underestimate ULL in their home state.

Guest #1Stunner

It's too bad that this game isn't being played at Tulane's new stadium.  It would be a lot easier to fill that smaller venue.

Highs in New Orleans are currently in the mid 60s.

eq1bhz.jpg

It's too bad that this game isn't being played at Tulane's new stadium.  It would be a lot easier to fill that smaller venue.

Highs in New Orleans are currently in the mid 60s.

eq1bhz.jpg

No one would no how to get there.  You certainly can't walk there from Canal.  Meanwhile Superdome is walkable from the French Quarter.  It's why most teams fanbases like going to NOLA.  Definitely not this year though.  Right before Christmas 11am kickoff just saps the fun out of things