Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TK_05

Fort Collins Crew

going there tomorrow for a couple days for a little mini-vaca

any places that are a must see/do. breweries. restaurants. etc?

Beer, steak, and nature...

Fort Collins Brewery tour

Odell tour

New Belgium tour

Equinox brewing

Coopersmith

Sonny Lubick steakhouse

Estes Park

Eldora Mountain for easy access to skiing

Coppersmiths beer sucks. I'd recommend black bottle south of campus or high hops if you stop by off i25 before Windsor. Both have quality beer. Also choice city butcher. It isn't a brewery but has an amazing list of beers and great burgers and sandwiches (Reuben in particular).

Coppersmiths beer sucks. I'd recommend black bottle south of campus or high hops if you stop by off i25 before Windsor. Both have quality beer. Also choice city butcher. It isn't a brewery but has an amazing list of beers and great burgers and sandwiches (Reuben in particular).

I'd agree with this

The World Needs More Cowboys!

FOCO is actually a great place.....other than the Vet School! Check out old town and have a slice of pizza at Beau Jo's

Beau Jo's is mediocre.  Get over to Windsor and have some Pelican Joe's.  Best slice in NoCo.  While you're there, check out High Hop's Brewery.  Worth the side trip.

Try these micros in Fort Collins:

1. Equinox

2. Horse and Dragon

3. Snowbank

In Loveland:

1. Grimm Brothers

2. Verboten

Distilleries are starting to pop up around Loveland and Fort Collins if you're into that.  Bottles from these can make great Christmas gifts.  Dancing Pines is one.  You'll have to google to find others.

I'll defer to your judgement. Only been there a few times and got types I knew I'd like. 

Beau Jo's is mediocre.  Get over to Windsor and have some Pelican Joe's.  Best slice in NoCo.  While you're there, check out High Hop's Brewery.  Worth the side trip.

Oh hell no. Beau Jo's is great. If I want a margherita pizza I don't really think of it it being "pizza", more just italian cuisine in general. Beau Jo's is my ideal American style cheesy, meaty, saucy, thick pizza to me. Not a fan of their new building though.

i guess new belgium is all booked up. our hotel is on the campus? i dunno, but i'll be sure to rock my rebel gear. i'll check out some recommendations in here, i appreciate it 

If you aren't set on your hotel see if you can stay at the Armstrong. It's right in oldtown so you never have to worry about parking. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I have zero recommendations. Over the past 8 years, the only times I ever get up to Fort Collins is for football games played in a dirt field on the edge of town. I can't wait for CSU to build the on-campus stadium.

But Coopersmiths has one of the best scotch selection in FOCO. 

I'm at the best Western right on csu's campus. Should I go north today and South tomorrow? What part did they model Disney world after?

North Old town is the inspiration for Disney. South is nothing but houses and a mall.

i guess new belgium is all booked up. our hotel is on the campus? i dunno, but i'll be sure to rock my rebel gear. i'll check out some recommendations in here, i appreciate it 

Not missing anything.  I thought the New Belgium tour was too preachy.  The end of the tour was especially awkward.

Did a brewery crawl a couple years back with some friends in Fort Collins.  Equinox was my favorite.

Had a really good sandwich at Cheba Hut the last time I was through town.  Give it a try if you want something a little faster.

Gannett_2.jpg.404db0bd7deb615b1ec5699694fae130.jpg

North Old town is the inspiration for Disney. South is nothing but houses and a mall.

Cool. I think I'm gonna head to odell and go from there.

Not missing anything.  I thought the New Belgium tour was too preachy.  The end of the tour was especially awkward.

Did a brewery crawl a couple years back with some friends in Fort Collins.  Equinox was my favorite.

Had a really good sandwich at Cheba Hut the last time I was through town.  Give it a try if you want something a little faster.

We have a cheba hut in Denver. Good stuff

Cool. I think I'm gonna head to odell and go from there.

We have a cheba hut in Denver. Good stuff

Nice.  Noted for next time I'm in the Mile High City.  Don't make it down there nearly as much since I moved to Casper.

Gannett_2.jpg.404db0bd7deb615b1ec5699694fae130.jpg