Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Final Attendance.

The late starts have to be the reason for Boise's drop. We were coming off an 8-5 season, but the new coaching staff should have been enough to get back in the 35-36k range. Next year our home schedule isn't ideal (outside of Washington), so I'm not sure it improves much. But this year, our kickoffs were at 6, 7, 8:15 (3x) and 8:30. And an 8pm CG. Hard to get attendance up with that.

Granted, I don't see a late kickoff as a reason to not come, but a lot of people do. Sadly.

I'll make up some excuses

Late season night games (I always liked them, but apparently if people think it's going to be cold they stay home... even though it's not that bad)

No Marquee home game (Wake Forest isn't exactly a "marquee" game no matter what conference they come from).

Chuckie getting hurt early on (people want exciting, high flying football.  Not a defensive struggle).  

Gas prices too high/too low.  High?  Can't afford to make the drive up/down to Logan.  Low?  Lets go on vacation!  

The attention span of millennials 

?

The late starts have to be the reason for Boise's drop. We were coming off an 8-5 season, but the new coaching staff should have been enough to get back in the 35-36k range. Next year our home schedule isn't ideal (outside of Washington), so I'm not sure it improves much. But this year, our kickoffs were at 6, 7, 8:15 (3x) and 8:30. And an 8pm CG. Hard to get attendance up with that.

Granted, I don't see a late kickoff as a reason to not come, but a lot of people do. Sadly.

So would that be on the Boiser AD for having all those late starts. It when they can get on ESPN to get the bonus money. So itt kinds of sounds like either they will get bonus money or bring fans to the stadium.

So would that be on the Boiser AD for having all those late starts. It when they can get on ESPN to get the bonus money. So itt kinds of sounds like either they will get bonus money or bring fans to the stadium.

Not really on the AD. Unless you blame the AD for the ESPN contract, then yeah. ESPN calls the shots on our start times (most of them, anyway). Nothing Boise can do about it at this point.

Hey, I can't use the search for +++++ on this website. Can someone go back and bump those threads from around Week 2 or 3 of Wyoming fan running attendance smack?

CSU hasn't sold 50% of its' LV Bowl ticket allotment.  Why the hell you talking smack.

Wyo took some ESPN $$ at the expense of attendance.  I'm cool with that.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

CSU hasn't sold 50% of its' LV Bowl ticket allotment. Why the hell you talking smack.

Wyo took some ESPN $$ at the expense of attendance. I'm cool with that.

Late weeknight games kill us on attendance. Just too spread out fanbase driving distance to each game

CSU hasn't sold 50% of its' LV Bowl ticket allotment. Why the hell you talking smack.

Wyo took some ESPN $$ at the expense of attendance. I'm cool with that.

BS. Over half has been sold

You've only ever had one season above the 35k mark. Why is 35-36k the expectation given that?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

If those are the true Hawaii numbers then im very impressed when compared to the rest of the MW..

Those early match ups with Udub and the like helped us maintain that 27k average.....but attendance dropped dramatically as the season continued.

Attendance will drop even more with Chow coming back.....I can't even believe he is coming back.

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics

Those early match ups with Udub and the like helped us maintain that 27k average.....but attendance dropped dramatically as the season continued.

Attendance will drop even more with Chow coming back.....I can't even believe he is coming back.

Is he from there or something? Why hasn't he been fired?

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Is he from there or something? Why hasn't he been fired?

Because our idiot of an AD Ben Jay (whom btw, is resigning his position effective June 30th 2015, along with the current Chancellor have agreed to keep Chow on. They of course they didn't tout Chows success or wins and losses in a recent press conference....they brought him back because our teams GPA is up! Smh. Too bad our improved grades doesn't help Chow get wins because we would be undefeated by now. Fml smh. Our administration is clueless and I actually liked and defended Ben Jay. How wrong I was for doing so.

Our fan base has made it clear they were extremely dissatisfied with Chow. Attendance dropped,season tickets dropped, students are a no show. The program is barely hanging on to whatever diehards they have remaining.

With Chow returning.......next season will probably be the worst attendance wise and season tickets will be the lowest since forever. Sad day for a program that was once decent. Not super spectacular, not always terrible....but decent and competitive.

Our admin is turning it into a dump....and its sad to witness.

Hawaii loses a lot of starters due to Graduation. So next year is expected to be another terrible/mediocre year. But Hawaii fans would rather deal with that type of season with a new coach.....instead of Chow at the helm.

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics