Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoldenEagleAztec

1 More (Fat) Tony Sanchez Thread...Sure why not?

Per sources, 2 of Nebraska’s assistants are joining Tony Sanchez’ staff at UNLV http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/ 

0 replies12 retweets2 favorites
 Retweet12
 Favorite2
More

Robin Washut @RobinWashut  ·  30m 30 minutes ago

Per @FootballScoop, Nebraska’s Barney Cotton and John Garrison are both joining Tony Sanchez’ staff at UNLV. #Huskers

Taylor Bern @TaylorBern  ·  1m 1 minute ago

Re that last tweet: Cotton coached Sanchez at New Mexico State and Garrison is considered one of best recruiters in the country

Barney Cotton info - Pretty much a Husker thru & thru

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1354984&

The Cotton File

Date and Place of Birth:Sept. 30, 1956 in Omaha, Neb.

Education: Bachelor of science, Nebraska, 1983; master’s, athletic administration, St. Cloud State, 1994

Playing Experience: 1975-78, Nebraska; 1979, Cincinnati Bengals; 1980-82, St. Louis Cardinals

Coaching Experience: 1989-94, St. Cloud State (assistant coach/offensive coordinator, offensive line); 1995-96, Hastings College (head coach); 1997-2002, New Mexico State (assistant head coach/offensive coordinator, offensive line); 2003, Nebraska (assistant coach/offensive coordinator, offensive line); 2004-06, Iowa State (assistant coach/offensive coordinator, offensive line); 2007, Ames (Iowa) High School (volunteer offensive assistant); 2008-12, Nebraska (associate head coach/offensive line); 2013, Nebraska (associate head coach/run game coordinator/tight ends/offensive line).

Nebraska coaches face uncertain future

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska's first practice since the Nov. 30 firing of Bo Pelini provided important structure on Wednesday for its players.

Pelini's former assistant coaches may have needed it even more, according to Barney Cotton.

"It was great for our coaching staff to get out here and be with our players," said Cotton, the eight-year Nebraska assistant and interim coach. "This was really good for us."

The 58-year-old Cotton, a former offensive lineman at Nebraska and Omaha native, served as run game coordinator and tight ends coach under Pelini. He and eight other assistants, unsure of their futures, are set to remain on staff through the Dec. 27 National University Holiday Bowl against USC.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/112653/nebraska-coaches-face-uncertain-future

I know, really screams "major connections". Looks like a couple of unemployed assistants.

Dude, do you get off from running your mouth about UNLV? It seems like all you do is piss and moan about UNLV. We get it, you think UNLV sucks and every single move we make will have the worst possible outcome. It must be hard for you to type all that with one hand.

Wait! What?? Pat Hill joined Sanchez's staff at UNLV???

I thought he was in fresno.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I thought he was in fresno.

That's what I thought too. In an administrative role.

The only thing I found when doing a Google search, an article in USA Today states that he volunteered to help Sanchez put a staff together.