Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SangerBulldog

ESPN 30 for 30 - The U

What most people don't understand or realize is that the football program was literally on a lifeline at the end of the 70's. There was an issue with Lou Saban and he had to resign but on his way out he got Jim Kelly to commit and they brought in Schnellenberger who obviously brought them the national title. 

It started with Kelly who then handed the torch to Kosar who gave it to Testeverde who handed it to Steve Walsh who then gave it to Craig Erickson and ended with Gino Toreta. 

I loved the 1st one so I'll definitely have to add this to my to do list. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Loved the first one. Still need to check out the second installment.

College football is always more fun when the Canes can back up the swag.

Watching the fight with the Aztecs was worth it.  I always heard about it, but never caught it.  Aztecs, to their credit, gave as good as they got.

Go Pokes!

bronco2.gif

Did the Japanese go sit down and have dinner with Pearl Harbor before they bombed them?

No!

Fellas, Let's Go!

Watching the fight with the Aztecs was worth it.  I always heard about it, but never caught it.  Aztecs, to their credit, gave as good as they got.

I was at that game. It was unbelievable. Total chaos. The one with Fresno around the same time was as bad.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

I was at that game. It was unbelievable. Total chaos. The one with Fresno around the same time was as bad.

I was at that game as well.  It was freakin awesome!

I watched the 2nd 30 for 30 on 'The U' the other night, and thought it was boring.  Mainly because they teased the whole Nevin Shapiro thing, but it was no different than the first one.  2 hours of repeating the same memes ad nauseum.  I loved the first one.  But how many times do we keep having to hear about the Miami lifestyle, thug image, the U domination of cfb, etc.  We get it already.  Played.  Out. 

And they barely even touched the surface Nevin Shapiro thing.  It would have been MUCH more interesting had the focused the entire 2 hours on that alone and what exactly was behind the Pata murder. 

Guest #1Stunner

These documentaries on the "U" were great for the University of Miami.  I expect that their recruiting will improve from it.  The younger generation just got introduced to the "cool Miami".  

ESPN obviously wants Miami to be good again.

I watched the 2nd 30 for 30 on 'The U' the other night, and thought it was boring. Mainly because they teased the whole Nevin Shapiro thing, but it was no different than the first one. 2 hours of repeating the same memes ad nauseum. I loved the first one. But how many times do we keep having to hear about the Miami lifestyle, thug image, the U domination of cfb, etc. We get it already. Played. Out.

And they barely even touched the surface Nevin Shapiro thing. It would have been MUCH more interesting had the focused the entire 2 hours on that alone and what exactly was behind the Pata murder.

Yeah, kind of weird that they would just dismiss a players death and not go into details.

I watched the 2nd 30 for 30 on 'The U' the other night, and thought it was boring.  Mainly because they teased the whole Nevin Shapiro thing, but it was no different than the first one.  2 hours of repeating the same memes ad nauseum.  I loved the first one.  But how many times do we keep having to hear about the Miami lifestyle, thug image, the U domination of cfb, etc.  We get it already.  Played.  Out. 

And they barely even touched the surface Nevin Shapiro thing.  It would have been MUCH more interesting had the focused the entire 2 hours on that alone and what exactly was behind the Pata murder. 

I agree and I'm a Cane's football fan. Way too much of it seemed to be a U recruitment video. They could have delved into Nevin situation much more, Pata's murder, the demolition of the OB, or even attempted to answer the question they posed. Do Miami kids still care about the Canes or is the history forgotten?