Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Family Tradition

OT: Christmas 2014 Video Games

'Tis the season. And I'd ask that this not be moved to the "IRL" Board.

don't get me wrong, i love a good IRL mud slinging as much as anyone here. but idk if a thread about Ignorant Racist Gamers is why members visit that board

I'm a Nintendo guy, and i can't remember a Christmas line up this good since the late 90s. Super Smash Bros U would have been enough on its own. But we also have Captain Toad, NES remix compilation, and the Mario Kart 8 DLC just on the Wii U. then there are the Pokemon Games and Super Smash Bros 3DS games.

I still rock my NES.  I may play Tecmo Bowl tonight.  I used to live near a place that had great deals on all of the vintage systems, so I stockpiled, and ordered extra refurbishment kits.  I'll be good for a couple decades.

I have a PS3, but I only play football and golf.  I tried playing the shooter games, but it just isn't my thing.

Floating between some NCAA football 14 (triple option stuff mainly), multiplayer minecraft (when kids on it aren't having a hissyfit for one thing or another, which isn't as often as you would think), and Dragon Age Inquisition (even "grinding" missions actually have a point now, which is pretty cool, and it's so BIG). Oh, and a little bit of modded Skyrim, a little bit of aesthetics on the people (not so ugly all the time), but mainly armors, weapons, and a few quest mods (some include followers).

I still rock my NES.  I may play Tecmo Bowl tonight.  I used to live near a place that had great deals on all of the vintage systems, so I stockpiled, and ordered extra refurbishment kits.  I'll be good for a couple decades.

I have a PS3, but I only play football and golf.  I tried playing the shooter games, but it just isn't my thing.

pick up hot shots

you can thank me later 

GOG had a city builder super sale so I'm playing pharaoh and the wife is playing roller coaster tycoon. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I'll be spending money on the Christmas Sale (damn you GabeN). Other than that, my girlfriend got Destiny for PS4 for me for my birthday, so I've been playing that. The Dragon Age game looks good, so I might see about getting that one. Probably grab Madden now that the price is coming down as well. Still, WoW takes up a lot of my gaming time, along with still playing MLB The Show 15. 

OT: But "Division champs" in the sig?  C'mon brah, this isn't Ole Miss :P

I was looking for some sort of symmetry. :P

My entire sig is due for an overhaul though, I've been using that one for three seasons now I think. 

I've been playing Hitman 3 a lot, I just love the fact that you pretty much have free reign to kill whomever and however you want. There are so many secret hidden kills to that it's just incredible. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Been playing a lot of Guacamelee! Gold & Turbo Championship Edition even on hard mode.  I love some good "Metroidvanias".  Any suggestions?

I severed my links  to console gaming about a month ago and 2015 will be the first time since the late 1980's that I haven't had a game console hooked up to a TV.

Hotline Miami is another good one and it looks like Hotline Miami 2 could be even better...too bad it got delayed to early 2015.

Assholes stopped making all NCAA games (bastards), so I will have to be content with NBA 2k15.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.