Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ragtimeJOE

It seems wac-offs have a short memory

Guest ragtimeJOE

Why are the wac-offs here trolling after that dismal year? It amazes me that they even show face. How many weeks did it take for the wac to get a win against a FBS team? The wac's ooc was pathetic. The wac only won 1 bowl game with 2 blowouts and 1 loss to an underdog. It was so bad, didn't sporting news or someone rank them right above the SUN BELT?

Even the most diehard wac fan should be able to identify pi$$ poor performance. Should we move on to bball, lol?

No, the MWC is not where we need to be, but we are showing improvement. wac-offs will try to cloud this with all kinds of smoke and mirrors, but the bottom line is the bottom line.

Now, enter 10K wac-offs with we did this in this game, our overall record against you is this, blah, blah, blah,.....all your perceived exposure just shows how pathetic the conference was. Thank heavens you had fresno or the wac would have been nearly winless against BCS teams.

And yet, you type with one hand, while fantacizing about them...

Seriously, why post this crap? It only invites the very thing you are complaining about.

Yoda out...

____________________________________________...

After deleting some of my posts and closing the offending SteveAztec thread, a couple of elites have been able to open it long enough to respond to me anyway.  And since I can’t respond on a closed thread, here is my response…

Other than the initial inquiry, this has never been about letting Steve post again; I doubt that he even wants to post here.  My complaint is about his treatment on this board and the failure of admins to control attacks on him – and worse, to sometimes participate in those attacks.

Steve was first banned on the SDSU board.  When he was banned, it was a sufficiently controversial that they started what became an 8 page thread on the topic to justify the decision (https://aztecmesa.proboards.com/thread/9747/steve-aztec-longer-member-board).  It is clear that Steve had support in the community and there was some criticism for the Board Administrators for having failed to “expel the dozens of people who've been taunting him.”  (And take a look at the thread that I bumped; initially it was supporters happy about Steve getting a radio show.  Then the haters arrived.)

I can’t say if Steve took it too far in response, but I will say that he denies most of various accusations and adds important missing context to others.  But I wasn’t a party to any of the events and can’t say who is in the right and who is in the wrong.  And I have to admit that if half of what has been said about him is true, depending on context, I might well have banned him too.  Or more likely I might have banned those who were taunting him.  (Steve had lost a brother-in-law to suicide and there have been a number of memes of people blowing their brains out, as well as posts blaming Steve or his sister for the suicide – and admins apparently let it go.)

I am in no position to evaluate the truth or falsity of the laundry list of claims made on this board about how Steve responded to all this.  My complaint, however, is about his treatment on this board.  I may be wrong, but his banning on this board at least appears to have been less about what he did on this board and more a carryover from the SDSU banning.  The same taunting continued – more suicide memes – apparently ignored by the admins. Utenation supposedly posted the first and it is explained away because he didn’t know about the suicide.  But was the post taken down?  Was an apology issued?   Indeed, for years, admins on this board have allowed Steve to be vilified based on little more than anecdotal hearsay.  This is a privately owned board, but it is not a private board – anyone can join.  And more than that, It’s not an anonymous board; people know who Steve.  You have a duty to protect your posters from libelous statements and unproven allegations -- especially when, having been banned themselves, they have no ability to defend themselves.

Even Retrofade (who says he’s not a mod but can post to closed threads) put up a “blowing his brains out” meme several years ago.  He knew that Steve lost his brother-in-law to suicide, and he now says that “Steve is a mentally disturbed individual”, which is libelous by the way, but excuses his meme as nothing more than being in “poor taste”.  Apparently it is okay with the board's current admins to taunt a "mentally disturbed person" because the post has never been taken down.  The poster has never been admonished.  And there has been no apology, unless you consider "he deserved it" to be an apology.

In my view, you owe Steve an apology for the treatment that you have tolerated and, in some cases, engaged in.  A former Aztec board went out of business when sued (not by Steve).  It won’t be the last one.  You need to fix this.  You need to administer your board and prevent libelous and incendiary attacks -- hearsay-- on posters. 

Guest ragtimeJOE

And yet, you type with one hand, while fantacizing about them...

Seriously, why post this crap? It only invites the very thing you are complaining about.

Yoda out...

Yeah Yoda, because it works so well when we don't post "this crap" <_<

Why are the wac-offs here trolling after that dismal year? It amazes me that they even show face. How many weeks did it take for the wac to get a win against a FBS team? The wac's ooc was pathetic. The wac only won 1 bowl game with 2 blowouts and 1 loss to an underdog. It was so bad, didn't sporting news or someone rank them right above the SUN BELT?

Even the most diehard wac fan should be able to identify pi$$ poor performance. Should we move on to bball, lol?

No, the MWC is not where we need to be, but we are showing improvement. wac-offs will try to cloud this with all kinds of smoke and mirrors, but the bottom line is the bottom line.

Now, enter 10K wac-offs with we did this in this game, our overall record against you is this, blah, blah, blah,.....all your perceived exposure just shows how pathetic the conference was. Thank heavens you had fresno or the wac would have been nearly winless against BCS teams.

I have the typical WAC-off bad memory (cept when it come to gang of 5.. of course),... could you remind us what the score was between WY & BSU last yr... & the yr before...

Dirt Sorcerer

I have the typical WAC-off bad memory (cept when it come to gang of 5.. of course),... could you remind us what the score was between WY & BSU last yr... & the yr before...

It was 7 and then 10 point losses. As you can see Wyoming has basically been more competative vs. BSU then Fresno espcially on the blue the last few meetings.

Has Fresno even had a game on the blue this decade where they haven't been blown out by BSU? Heck Wyoming played at BSU this past season and gave BSU a closer game then Fresno and you played BSU at Fresno and they were a bottom level MWC team. what is up with that? seems that wyoming looked better then Fresno this past season.

before you go ripping into Wyoming you might want to make sure your team at least looks competative vs. the very team you are trying to compare them too.

If the Wyoming/BSU games are going to be your evidence for WAC superiority, I suggest you take another look at those games and how the respective teams fared in the their leagues.

In the WAC's "pathetic" year as you say, why did the WAC go to their 2nd BCS game while the MWC has sat at home for 2 years in a row?

Sure, lets talk basketball. Boise State beat a ranked BYU yet again. BYU is Boise State's biatch.

MWC teams cant beat top WAC teams. WAC teams have routinely beat top MWC teams.

If the Wyoming/BSU games are going to be your evidence for WAC superiority, I suggest you take another look at those games and how the respective teams fared in the their leagues.

BSU led both games from begining to end and was in run the clock out mode in the 2nd half of each game.

The only people who think the games were competitive are total morons or are just looking at a final score without realizing wyoming never had the ball in either game with a chance of taking the lead in the 2nd half.

BSU has also blown out all most every team in the MWC over the last decade by multiple td's. BYU, Utah, New Mexico have all been throttled on their home field and even an 18th ranked TCU got thier +++ kicked.

Seriously the cupcake conference isnt even as competitive as SJSU or louisana tech.

In the WAC's "pathetic" year as you say, why did the WAC go to their 2nd BCS game while the MWC has sat at home for 2 years in a row?

Sure, lets talk basketball. Boise State beat a ranked BYU yet again. BYU is Boise State's biatch.

MWC teams cant beat top WAC teams. WAC teams have routinely beat top MWC teams.

Easy no MWC team played such a sorry schedule or else pretty much anyone in the top 5 would have made it with but wouldn't have struggeled along the way like Hawaii did. Heck it is likely that the top 3 would have gone undefeated with BSU's weak schedule last season as well. Making it to a BCS bowl by playing a FCS schedule doesn't impress anyone, espcially when that team goes in and gets slapped around as baddly as Hawaii.

Baskatball I could careless about but stanford beat USC in football this past season does that mean Stanford is better then USC? No they were better that day but USC would likely roll them 9 out of 10 times. BSU was better then BYU that day but BYU likely would beat and likely roll BSU most of the time if they played 10 games. anyway Ianneedabrain this is a WAC thread and how did your conferecne due in head to heads again?

Why do you keep putting this garbage up? did you not read my answer to this same garbage on another post where I made your little comment look foolish or do you just enjoy playing the fool? Not only have we beaten top WAc teams we have done it with teams ranked in the bottom half of the conference, soemthing the WAC has actually never done to a top MWC team.

BSU led both games from begining to end and was in run the clock out mode in the 2nd half of each game.

The only people who think the games were competitive are total morons or are just looking at a final score without realizing wyoming never had the ball in either game with a chance of taking the lead in the 2nd half.

BSU has also blown out all most every team in the MWC over the last decade by multiple td's. BYU, Utah, New Mexico have all been throttled on their home field and even an 18th ranked TCU got thier +++ kicked.

Seriously the cupcake conference isnt even as competitive as SJSU or louisana tech.

Hey blueballs post like these only prove what a complete idiot you really are.

1. BSU has blown out bad MWC teams this decade and struggled to beat top MWC teams with the exception of Utah in 2006. in fact since the formation of the MWC BSU has only blown out 1 top 4 MWC teams meanwhile you consistantly slap aorunf the other top 3 teams in the WAC quite often marking a blow out almsot every year. Very comparable your toughest games often come against top 4 MWC teams year in and year out.

2. So you consider a 3 point win kicking someones +++? It's time to up your antipsyche meds once again. It seems that your clozapine is not at a high enough does, better tell your psych ward attendy.

Hey blueballs post like these only prove what a complete idiot you really are.

1. BSU has blown out bad MWC teams this decade and struggled to beat top MWC teams with the exception of Utah in 2006. in fact since the formation of the MWC BSU has only blown out 1 top 4 MWC teams meanwhile you consistantly slap aorunf the other top 3 teams in the WAC quite often marking a blow out almsot every year. Very comparable your toughest games often come against top 4 MWC teams year in and year out.

2. So you consider a 3 point win kicking someones +++? It's time to up your antipsyche meds once again. It seems that your clozapine is not at a high enough does, better tell your psych ward attendy.

So how many times has any team in the MWC beat BSU by even 1 point?

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

The freaken facts again really kill these +++++++ arguments you make non-bcs. :lol:

The freaken facts again really kill these +++++++ arguments you make non-bcs. :lol:

Blueballs once again you show everyone how stupid Donks can be. I never said any MWC team won I just pointed out the stupidity in your post by your thoughtless claims of blowout wins and kicking +++. It must be a hard pill to swallow knowing that a 7-5 CUSA team kicked BSU's +++ last season huh?

Blueballs once again you show everyone how stupid Donks can be. I never said any MWC team won I just pointed out the stupidity in your post by your thoughtless claims of blowout wins and kicking +++. It must be a hard pill to swallow knowing that a 7-5 CUSA team kicked BSU's +++ last season huh?

ECU beat BSU by 3 points ... is that a butt kicking in your opinion? Either you're sarcastically trying to use Bluerules' own words against him regarding blowout margins or you're being a hypocrite. I'll try and give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Regardless, a dumb thread topic.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

ECU beat BSU by 3 points ... is that a butt kicking in your opinion? Either you're sarcastically trying to use Bluerules' own words against him regarding blowout margins or you're being a hypocrite. I'll try and give you the benefit of the doubt here.

Regardless, a dumb thread topic.

Nope not even remotely, but BSU beat TCU by 3 points and Blueballs seems to think it was a butt kicking and that is why I said that, using his own terms against him.

I believe this may be the ranking you referenced (CFN 2008 Spring Preview - Ranking the Conferences)

http://cfn.scout.com/2/733128.html

11. Sun Belt - The league took a monster step forward last year with Troy shocking Oklahoma State, Florida Atlantic beating Minnesota and Memphis, and in one of the biggest upsets in an upset-filled season, UL Monroe stunning Alabama. Troy, Florida Atlantic and Middle Tennessee will be strong, while North Texas could have the most exciting offense this side of Texas Tech.

The best team should be ... Florida Atlantic

10. WAC - As always, the WAC will be top-heavy. Fresno State and Boise State will be top 25-worthy, if not higher, all season long, and even though Hawaii will take a step back, it'll still be potent. Nevada will probably be the league's third or fourth best team, it would probably win the MAC. The key will be the expected improvement of teams like San Jose State, Louisiana Tech and New Mexico State. If the mid-range teams are better, the league should probably be boosted up a bit.

The best team should be ... Fresno State

9. MAC - After two down years with everyone seemingly fully reloaded, this could be the best the league has ever been. Bottom-feeders like Eastern Michigan and Temple should have their best teams in several years, while Buffalo have its strongest team ever. Central Michigan is terrific again, Miami is good enough to repeat as East champions, Ohio is better than it's ever been under Frank Solich, Western Michigan gets everyone back on defense, Toledo, Bowling Green and Ball State will light up everyone like Las Vegas, and teams like Kent State and Northern Illinois, who struggled last year with injuries, will be improved. In other words, the league should be great from top to bottom.

The best team should be ... Central Michigan

8. Conference USA - Where's the buzz? Put it this way; the league had two, 2,000-yard backs last year (UCF's Kevin Smith and Tulane's Matt Forte) and you didn't hear boo about it. It's a conference in transition with major coaching changes among some of the top programs like Houston and Southern Miss, while SMU will be one of the season's most interesting curiosities with June Jones taking over. While the conference might not be anything fantastic overall, it could be among the most entertaining with teams like Tulsa and Rice certain to put up huge offensive numbers.

The best team should be ... Tulsa

7. Mountain West - After a slightly disappointing season, with TCU not up to predicted snuff, the conference should come out roaring with BYU and Utah each good enough to be BCS busters, with the right breaks. TCU will likely sneak up on everyone now that the spotlight is off, Air Force should be solid again now that head coach Troy Calhoun has had a year to work, and UNLV, San Diego State, Wyoming and Colorado State will be occasionally dangerous, even if they're not all that great.

The best team should be ... BYU

Freedom Is Not Free !!!

Home of the Free because of the Brave.

Actually we'll see if those troubling losses to Hawaii and ECU last year is the sign of a beginning slide to Boise's program. They've climbed a long ways since going Div-1, but at some point they'll peak. No program can stay on a continuous upswing especially if they upgrade their OOC schedules to prove they're not a fluke. BSU fans are only kidding themselves if they think the magic has no end.

Actually we'll see if those troubling losses to Hawaii and ECU last year is the sign of a beginning slide to Boise's program. They've climbed a long ways since going Div-1, but at some point they'll peak. No program can stay on a continuous upswing especially if they upgrade their OOC schedules to prove they're not a fluke. BSU fans are only kidding themselves if they think the magic has no end.

Hasn't ended yet and they have more funding, better coaching, more fan support and significantly more name recognition then when they started their run. Not to mention the huge strides that are being taken in upgrading the facilities. Will BSU eventually have a dismall year? Naturally, but the program is healthier then it has ever been and our talent level and depth rises each year. I wouldn't expect the program to tank anytime soon while Gene B. is our AD and Chris P. our coach...however long that is, your guess is as good as mine.

Pretty dumb topic IMO. A troll will troll as long as he keeps getting reactions such as this thread. The WAC board has been swamped with MWC trolls the last 2 years. I have always been under the impression that to have trolls you need to feed them...or in this case bait them.

I have always been under the impression that to have trolls you need to feed them...or in this case bait them.

You do realize, of course, that is exactly what Ragtime tried to do? Hook, line and sinker Ragtime. Reel 'em in!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Wyo beat BSU in 06-07 by a very close score of 94-79. it was a nailbiter. I was there. LOL

The World Needs More Cowboys!