Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NotalentU

Marquette granted permission to talk to Kruger?

A local San Diego radio station is reporting that Marquette has been granted permission to speak to Lon Kruger about their now vacant Head Basketball Coach position. :o Any Vegas poster not monikered RebelRobert care to chime in?

This would be a devastating blow not only to UNLV, but the the MWC.

(Note to RebelRetard: Feel free to ignore this thread. We're looking for some objective, intelligent opinions, not the rantings of a lunatic who seems to expect UNLV to win the national championship every year.)

"Once an Aztec, Always an Aztec"

CSU Fresno: Accepting SDSU's sloppy seconds since 1911.

If Kruger has turned down Michigan, Kansas St. Indiana....................I seriously doubt Kruger would leave UNLV for Marquette.

The potential at UNLV is better than Marquette so this would be a paralle move at best.................the only place I could see kruger going is up.........to a Kansas, North Carolina, UCLA, etc...............a real basketball powerhouse program.

The potential at UNLV is better than Marquette? How so? I'm all for being a homer, but no way is the potential greater at UNLV than Marquette. They're in the Big East (probably the best overall conference in basketball [iMHO]), they have a great history, great practice and game facilities, and it's a Jesuit school so you know they have money. I would leave UNLV for Marquette in a hurry.

The potential at UNLV is better than Marquette? How so? I'm all for being a homer, but no way is the potential greater at UNLV than Marquette. They're in the Big East (probably the best overall conference in basketball [iMHO]), they have a great history, great practice and game facilities, and it's a Jesuit school so you know they have money. I would leave UNLV for Marquette in a hurry.

Asides from them being in the Big East, there is no way Marquette is a better job than UNLV. Marquette might have a great history but do you really believe it is better than UNLV's basketball history? Also have you ever visited the UNLV basketball facilities? I highly doubt it, but they are some of the better facilites on the west coast, even with an aging Thomas and Mack arena. And lastly, the comment that really shows your ignorance is where you say that Marquette has bigger boosters than UNLV. Are you joking?

I don't know that I would leave UNLV for Marquette in a hurry. Yes, they're in the Big East, but not for football. the Big East is basically two conferences, one that plays football and another that joins them for basketball. And it seems like there are rumblings around that the Big East might want to add some more football/basketball schools (Memphis being the leading candidate) and stop the whole dual conference thing. If that happens Marquette ends up in the Big East II and then I don't know that you're better off. Plus how many championship banners are hanging in Marquettes game facilities? If one of the full Big East schools came calling then I might see him jumping, but I don't know about Marquette.

2008-Present - Kicker Conditioning Coach, Team Apology

Even if all of this were true there remains one big question....how's the golf in Milwaukee?

What most of you seem to be missing is Kruger just had a sextuple heart bypass last year. He didn't even realize he had a problem until his Las Vegas doctor discovered it. His surgery was very successful at a Las Vegas hospital and he trusts the health care team he now has.

He and his wife seem to love Las Vegas and both of them have developed celebrity status in perhaps one of the few cities in America where that really means something.

Having the key to a city like Las Vegas means much more than borrowing a lock pick to Milwaukee.

I highly doubt he's going anywhere soon.

I'm sure that will disappoint many of you who see his departure as your schools best hope for a future finish above second place in this conference. :P

2me1q87.jpg

Kruger will take the first job he is offered. He has been trying to get another job since THE DAY he arrived in Las Vegas. Kruger makes it known that he is available for every major opening that is out there. Some UNLV fans want you to believe that Kruger turns down these so-called big schools, SURE HE DOES. Kruger has not gotten an offer yet, the minute he does from ANYONE he will be gone. The longest Kruger has been anywhere is six years, most jobs he lasts about FOUR years. He gets bored easily, so does his wife. Rumors of Kruger cheating in the K-State days are well known. To keep things interesting he has to buy new houses, go new places, have new challenges. He is not a guy that can stay somewhere for ten plus years.

UNLV is Krugers 5th College Stop! His FIFTH. It won't be his last.

UNLV fans will lie to themselves to make themselves feel better, they have all kinds of wild ideas about why Kruger will stay. THEY ARE WRONG.

I have known since day one that Kruger is a rat traitor that is not to be trusted. Any UNLV fans who gave the man their heart or believed that he was right for UNLV are sadly mistaken. Kruger has no loyalty to anyone but himself. That may be the world we live in today but I still think it is wrong! Kruger is scum in my book and I never considered him part of the UNLV family. Lucky NCAA wins aside, he is NO Rebel.

Kruger will take the first job he is offered. He has been trying to get another job since THE DAY he arrived in Las Vegas. Kruger makes it known that he is available for every major opening that is out there. Some UNLV fans want you to believe that Kruger turns down these so-called big schools, SURE HE DOES. Kruger has not gotten an offer yet, the minute he does from ANYONE he will be gone. The longest Kruger has been anywhere is six years, most jobs he lasts about FOUR years. He gets bored easily, so does his wife. Rumors of Kruger cheating in the K-State days are well known. To keep things interesting he has to buy new houses, go new places, have new challenges. He is not a guy that can stay somewhere for ten plus years.

UNLV fans will lie to themselves to make themselves feel better, they have all kinds of wild ideas about why Kruger will stay. THEY ARE WRONG.

I have known since day one that Kruger is a rat traitor that is not to be trusted. Any UNLV fans who gave the man their heart or believed that he was right for UNLV are sadly mistaken. Kruger has no loyalty to anyone but himself. That may be the world we live in today but I still think it is wrong! Kruger is scum in my book and I never considered him part of the UNLV family. Lucky NCAA wins aside, he is NO Rebel.

This post is a gem on the scale of your comedic 2006-2007 season prediction thread.

Kruger has been in hot demand for the last two postseasons. If he has been trying to get another job since the DAY he got here, then he is as bad a jobhunter as he is a coach. :lol:

Guest Cowboy Junky

They've already hired a head coach. Former player Buzz Williams will be introduced today as the HC at Marquette

http://gomarquette.cstv.com/sports/m-baskb...ams_buzz00.html

Don't worry RebelRobert, you'll have a couple more chances to tell us Kruger is gone. If not this year, next year his name is sure to be mentioned at least a couple of times.

I've been reading these boards for some time now & I must say you are the biggest Clown I have ever witnessed. Every year you look more & more like an idiot! I believe you've used up all of your idiotbility by now. Seriously loser of a person you have to get a clue or vanish into the night & never come back. I don't know how these UNLV fans could even bother with you. Nothing you say is EVER right & you still bother? Everytime you post you end up eating it PUNK!

I've been reading these boards for some time now & I must say you are the biggest Clown I have ever witnessed. Every year you look more & more like an idiot! I believe you've used up all of your idiotbility by now. Seriously loser of a person you have to get a clue or vanish into the night & never come back. I don't know how these UNLV fans could even bother with you. Nothing you say is EVER right & you still bother? Everytime you post you end up eating it PUNK!

Whoa, tell us how you REALLY feel...... :lol:

FYI, pretty much everybody that posts here agrees with you. The "Roberts" on this board are pretty bad.

v0icAvfW.jpg