Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

utenation

Humiliation for Hawaii/WAC fans continues

shouldn't you be even more humiliated by the fact that you let them get there in the first place?

No.. We write our own book.. When we deserve another game, we'll be there.. Deserve is a big word, especially for WAC fans...

Guest ragtimeJOE

gotta love this

With every post you just get classier and classier.

I guess when your a money changer, the only thing you have left in the world is to post bitter, jealous drivel on an internet board.

Followed closely by this

Z threw 1 less TD his rookie season in the NFL then Alex Smith and Z didnt even make the game squad!!

HA! AH! HA! HA! AH! HA! HA!

bluerules trying to play the class card. That deserves a HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

You fools, it's the repair of a very small muscle tear, and he wouldn't miss a tick of preseason over it.

I realize Brennan is going to pass this off as minor, but as of now, he's damaged goods and his timing couldn't be worse..

8-12 weeks of rehab is nothing minor.. Priest Holmes was never the same after this type of surgery..

Where there's smoke, there's fire... Colt has been sidelined many times in college after hits against WAC "defenses", I can only imagine him getting a few snaps in the NFL.

You're just pissed off because the WAC is sending teams to the BCS and the MWC isn't. Yeah, Hawai'i lost big but most of the games were not close. Hawai'i wasn't the biggest blowout and they lost to Georgia -- which is getting a lot of pre-season play as a pre-season #1.

Funny how you folks never suggest that the conferences represented by the other blown out teams don't belong. Only the WAC. Me thinks somebody is so frigging jealous that they will do anything to minimize the WAC's accomplishment.

I don't think Illinois deserved to be there either. That was the Rose Bowl selection commitee holding onto the old Big Ten/PAC 10 tradition, but it made for a terrible match up. Oklahoma played their way into a BCS game and their blow out came as a surpise to most people. Still they beat some good teams to get there.

That is my biggest problem with Hawaii being there and even Boise State when they went. They don't schedule hardly anyone tough. In 2006 BSU played Oregon State, Fresno State and Hawaii at home and Utah and Wyoming on the road. Now I think the level of competition in the MWC is pretty good, but that doesn't mean MWC in OOC and WAC in conference is enough to deserve a BCS bid. If winning against MWC competition was enough then we would have an automatic bid. Now BSU had performed at a very high level for several years without getting an invite, and I felt they were good enough despite having a pretty patsy schedule. And they proved it by beating Oklahoma.

But Hawaii scheduled 2 FCS teams (and not even competitive ones at that) a MWC bottom dweller UNLV on the road and PAC 10 bottom dweller Washington at home, to go with Fresno State and Boise State at home. I'm sorry, that is not enough to earn a BCS invite. They didn't prove anything during the regular season, and if their performance in the Sugar Bowl proved anything it was that they didn't belong.

I'm surprised at you yoda. Fresno State is getting a little love this year, and if they decided to take the BSU/Hawaii path to the BCS you could have pushed Wisconsin off to next year, replace with with some MAC team that will play you at home, when KSU cancels on you instead of scheuling Rutgers in NJ, take some UC FCS school, and maybe even push off UCLA and replace them with WSU. Then you would basically just have to beat BSU in Boise and you would have an undefeated season. But that is not how Fresno State operates. But that is how Hawaii and Boise State schedule, and it gets them to BCS bowls. If I were a Fresno fan, watching my conference mates schedule cupcakes and getting BCS love, I would be pissed.

2008-Present - Kicker Conditioning Coach, Team Apology

I realize Brennan is going to pass this off as minor, but as of now, he's damaged goods and his timing couldn't be worse..

8-12 weeks of rehab is nothing minor.. Priest Holmes was never the same after this type of surgery..

Where there's smoke, there's fire... Colt has been sidelined many times in college after hits against WAC "defenses", I can only imagine him getting a few snaps in the NFL.

Ummm.

QB <> RB

Different skillset, different physical requirements.

He'll get picked up sometime in the second round, and he'll sit at least 2 years on the bench just like every other QB of his (average) caliber. So you see, before he's ever even employed, that repair has healed for two and a half years.

Ummm.

QB <> RB

Different skillset, different physical requirements.

He'll get picked up sometime in the second round, and he'll sit at least 2 years on the bench just like every other QB of his (average) caliber. So you see, before he's ever even employed, that repair has healed for two and a half years.

Well, let's look at the facts as of right now. His draft stock is getting worse because of this combined with a humiliation fest in the Sugar Bowl. He's injury prone and has a small frame for the NFL.. Not a good combo.. He's also labeled as a system QB.

As far as him getting picked up or even drafted is just pure speculation...

Well, let's look at the facts as of right now. His draft stock is getting worse because of this combined with a humiliation fest in the Fiesta Bowl. He's injury prone and has a small frame for the NFL.. Not a good combo.. He's also labeled as a system QB.

As far as him getting picked up or even drafted is just pure speculation...

He'll be drafted. Second round. Bottom line is that he's a really accurate passer, system or no.

And the 'system' thing always makes me laugh. They are all 'system' players in one system or another. It's an organized sport.

I'm surprised at you yoda. Fresno State is getting a little love this year, and if they decided to take the BSU/Hawaii path to the BCS you could have pushed Wisconsin off to next year, replace with with some MAC team that will play you at home, when KSU cancels on you instead of scheuling Rutgers in NJ, take some UC FCS school, and maybe even push off UCLA and replace them with WSU. Then you would basically just have to beat BSU in Boise and you would have an undefeated season. But that is not how Fresno State operates. But that is how Hawaii and Boise State schedule, and it gets them to BCS bowls. If I were a Fresno fan, watching my conference mates schedule cupcakes and getting BCS love, I would be pissed.

We could schedule like that, of course. But Hill doesn't want just any BCS bowl game. He's after the BCS Championship bowl. Doubtful that he will ever get it but a loss to Wisconsin or Rutgers would still likely leave us in the Top 12 and in the running for a BCS bowl. Not enough in the running to beat out an undefeated BYU but enough to perhaps beat out a 1-loss BYU. We shall see...

Yoda out...

____________________________________________...

After deleting some of my posts and closing the offending SteveAztec thread, a couple of elites have been able to open it long enough to respond to me anyway.  And since I can’t respond on a closed thread, here is my response…

Other than the initial inquiry, this has never been about letting Steve post again; I doubt that he even wants to post here.  My complaint is about his treatment on this board and the failure of admins to control attacks on him – and worse, to sometimes participate in those attacks.

Steve was first banned on the SDSU board.  When he was banned, it was a sufficiently controversial that they started what became an 8 page thread on the topic to justify the decision (https://aztecmesa.proboards.com/thread/9747/steve-aztec-longer-member-board).  It is clear that Steve had support in the community and there was some criticism for the Board Administrators for having failed to “expel the dozens of people who've been taunting him.”  (And take a look at the thread that I bumped; initially it was supporters happy about Steve getting a radio show.  Then the haters arrived.)

I can’t say if Steve took it too far in response, but I will say that he denies most of various accusations and adds important missing context to others.  But I wasn’t a party to any of the events and can’t say who is in the right and who is in the wrong.  And I have to admit that if half of what has been said about him is true, depending on context, I might well have banned him too.  Or more likely I might have banned those who were taunting him.  (Steve had lost a brother-in-law to suicide and there have been a number of memes of people blowing their brains out, as well as posts blaming Steve or his sister for the suicide – and admins apparently let it go.)

I am in no position to evaluate the truth or falsity of the laundry list of claims made on this board about how Steve responded to all this.  My complaint, however, is about his treatment on this board.  I may be wrong, but his banning on this board at least appears to have been less about what he did on this board and more a carryover from the SDSU banning.  The same taunting continued – more suicide memes – apparently ignored by the admins. Utenation supposedly posted the first and it is explained away because he didn’t know about the suicide.  But was the post taken down?  Was an apology issued?   Indeed, for years, admins on this board have allowed Steve to be vilified based on little more than anecdotal hearsay.  This is a privately owned board, but it is not a private board – anyone can join.  And more than that, It’s not an anonymous board; people know who Steve.  You have a duty to protect your posters from libelous statements and unproven allegations -- especially when, having been banned themselves, they have no ability to defend themselves.

Even Retrofade (who says he’s not a mod but can post to closed threads) put up a “blowing his brains out” meme several years ago.  He knew that Steve lost his brother-in-law to suicide, and he now says that “Steve is a mentally disturbed individual”, which is libelous by the way, but excuses his meme as nothing more than being in “poor taste”.  Apparently it is okay with the board's current admins to taunt a "mentally disturbed person" because the post has never been taken down.  The poster has never been admonished.  And there has been no apology, unless you consider "he deserved it" to be an apology.

In my view, you owe Steve an apology for the treatment that you have tolerated and, in some cases, engaged in.  A former Aztec board went out of business when sued (not by Steve).  It won’t be the last one.  You need to fix this.  You need to administer your board and prevent libelous and incendiary attacks -- hearsay-- on posters. 

He'll be drafted. Second round. Bottom line is that he's a really accurate passer, system or no.

And the 'system' thing always makes me laugh. They are all 'system' players in one system or another. It's an organized sport.

I haven't seen anything to suggest he's being looked at as a second round pick. Most sites have him a late rounder(this was before the injury news). He's also rated as the 8th-10th best QB in the draft.. This all adds up to a late round or undrafted. Unless you have some inside info here..

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=...153&yr=2008

As far as being a system QB vs a conventional pro-set qb that has to think on his feet, why don't you ask system QB Timmy Chang how far his NCAA records got him in the NFL?

Guest ragtimeJOE

I would take some of that action. No way in hell does he go 2nd round. I'm not sure how many teams are needing a qb, but there are at least 4 or 5 other qbs ahead of him right now. If he goes, it won't be until day 2.

I haven't seen anything to suggest he's being looked at as a second round pick. Most sites have him a late rounder(this was before the injury news). He's also rated as the 8th-10th best QB in the draft.. This all adds up to a late round or undrafted. Unless you have some inside info here..

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=...153&yr=2008

As far as being a system QB vs a conventional pro-set qb that has to think on his feet, why don't you ask system QB Timmy Chang how far his NCAA records got him in the NFL?

Natty, save your breath. The closest TheyRunninAgain has EVER gotten in his years of CFB fandom to quality quarterback play was Jason Thomas....... :o

Take anything he says on the subject with a grain of salt. Informed posters know better and agree with you.

v0icAvfW.jpg

We could schedule like that, of course. But Hill doesn't want just any BCS bowl game. He's after the BCS Championship bowl. Doubtful that he will ever get it but a loss to Wisconsin or Rutgers would still likely leave us in the Top 12 and in the running for a BCS bowl. Not enough in the running to beat out an undefeated BYU but enough to perhaps beat out a 1-loss BYU. We shall see...

Yoda out...

This is as good a time as ever to state that I don't think there was a non-AQ team that deserved to be in a BCS bowl last year. Under the current system none of the non-AQ teams deserved a spot based on their season performance, not Hawaii, no BYU. I think that BYU would have been undefeated if they had played Hawaii's schedule and I think Hawaii would have had at least two losses with BYU's schedule.

But I have a problem with the scheduling such weak OOC games that if you win your conference you are pretty much guaranteed an undefeated season. If that is how the BCS is going to work it would actually benefit Boise State and Hawaii if Fresno State left for the MWC. Then they could pretty much alternate undefeated seasons depending on where their game is played. That is an insult to the spirit of competition.

If Fresno State goes undefeated next year, they would have more regular season wins vs BCS opponents than 2006 Boise State and 2007 Hawaii combined, and even with one loss they would equal those two teams combined. Hawaii's way of increasing wins isn't by improving your team, but watering down the level of your competition. I hope that is not what it takes for non-AQ teams to get BCS invites.

2008-Present - Kicker Conditioning Coach, Team Apology

Speaking of humiliation, here's a few of my favorite bodies of work by Warbow.. I hope they're soon to be some of your favorites as well..

doesn't matter what your record is against the BCS if you can't even beat UNLV. Win the games you are suppose to win,then we'll talk.

Utah still has losing lifetime records against most of the old WAC schools. I don't know where most of you Utah fans get off insisting Utah is some kind of Non-BCS powerhouse when it's clear that Boise St. owns that title. Utah owns one little BCS bowl game win over a lowly Big East team and hasn't done a damn thing since. At lease Boise can follow their BCS bowl season with a ten win season with great younf talent for the future. All Utah did was fail to keep the coach that got them to a BCS bowl.

Tell us again how Hawaii was suppose to lose their last 4 games to Fresno St, Nevada, Boise St and Washington. Please, please, please tell us how Hawaii will get killed by Georgia. I'm just waiting for you to make that statement so I can go out and put money down on Hawaii. You been wrong about everything that has come out of your mouth of far, I don't see that changing any.

Playing in the Sugar bowl this year will only help out Hawaii in the long run. Recuiting has improved and having that BCS money will help in improving facilities. Only time will tell what the long term (4 to 6 years) effect will be.

I really don't know what Utah history you are talking about besides their BCS bowl win over a lowly big east team. The only thing that the win did for Utah was expose their coach (Meyer) at the time to the rest of the BCS world. Poof, he's now gone. I still see coach Peterson at Boise and coach Jones at Hawaii with more success to come.

As far as Kentucky goes, I don't think they were ever on the map...not for football anyway.

So I guess I'm neither bias or ignorant in regards to Utah. I just don't see the HISTORY behind that program who has losing lifetime records to most of the old WAC schools.

Wow, the MWC has two bowl wins against teams that finish with losing records (UCLA & Nevada) and a Navy team with a new coach and all of a sudden they're god's gift to all conferences. What a joke!

Sounds like a smart thing to do. No team should play back to back road OOC games. Lose both of those games and half your fan base disappears before your next home game. Boise's AD has always set the standard for effective non-BCS scheduling. Althought I don't like it, Boise's soft scheduling with the rules for a BCS bowl qualification the way it is has turned into smart effective scheduling.

Hawaii played back to back road games against La Tech and UNLV and it almost cost us a BCS bowl bid by barely winning at La Tech.

It may be a joke, but the joke is on you. The bottom dwelling MWC team that Hawaii smoked just happened to smoke your team. If Hawaii is a joke, Utah is the punchline!

Quit your crying, you sound like a little boy that was picked last for dodgeball. Grow up, and go win some games against those lowly CUSA teams before you complaint abpout SOS.

Utenation and nonbcs sound like a couple punks who had a bad exprience in Hawaii. Must have got beaten up by some locals while on a vacation there. Their hate truly outshines their better judgement. Like two little kids who can't get their way, trys to make themselfs look better by putting down those above you. Insecure wannabes!

No worries, all they can do is throw out "what-if's" or "make believes". The bottom line is the MWC has been crap for the last couple years and I don't see a chance in the near future. Your top teams can't even beat the D-1 bottom level conference such as CUSA. 3-1 record vs the worst D-1 conference is downright piss poor by MWC teams.

Parity = excuses = MWC! Sure I can see the parity but, parity doesn't mean that it's a good type of parity. The parity that is happening in the MWC is defined as "all the MWC teams suck equally".

The only thing to hang your hat on ever year is a very poor computer rating system devises by some Utah graduate. Suckagain is how it should be spelled.

Now go ahead and count your wins agains Utah St, Arizona, Baylor if that makes you feel better.

It's going to be so funny when Notre Dame kills one of your best teams in Air Force. This will truly be the biggest embarrassment in the 2007 football season.

I can remind you how the WAC has 2 teams in the top 25 in the BCS ranking and the MWC has none.

people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

The MWC is 3-1 vs the worst D-1 conference (CUSA). Two of the three losses was by your top two teams. To complain about Hawaii's SOS by ANY MWC fan is rediculus considering the MWC was 4-2 vs 1aa schools last year and is owned by the worst D-1 conference (according to your beloved saragin).

Sure go on and tell me about how many BCS victories the MWC has against Arizona, Baylor and Stanford...I heard it all before.

The bottom line here is that you got to beat the schools you are supposed to and win against the ones you're not suppose to. Far as I can see, Hawaii has done that the MWC hasn't.

I'll be back in 4 weeks to see if your "what If's" become reality.

Not to be rude or anything, I don't think you really know much about college footbal of Hawaii's football team.

There's nothing wrong with Hawaii's defense. Final scores are not a true indicater of how the defense played. You just see the final scores and assume. Final scores don't tell you that the defense is not responsible for kick-off, punt and int returns for TD's. Final scores don't tell you that you're second, third and scout team players are playing and gives up a lot of catch-up points when you team is so far ahead. Final scores don't tell you how many TD's your defense scored on int and fumble returns for TD's. Final scores don't tell you that your opponent had 5 or 6 more possesions then you because your QB's threw for 6 TD in a couple games and your defense still held on for the win. Final scores don't tell you that your defense forced a fumble and prevented a tyingscore with an INT

If you're playing a season just to beat BCS OCC teams, why even play those other games? Just forfeit and get it over with. The only BCS game win that really matters is the good against BCS teams. Who care if you beat Baylor or Arizona if you can't beat Tulsa. I should say the only BCS win that matters is the one in the BCS bowl. And you;ll never get to a BCS bowl losing to Tulsa, Houston and UTEP. It's all about the money. Beating Arizona and Baylor and losing to your peers doesn't get you the money.

like Isaid before, win the ones you are suppose to and beat the ones you're not supposed to and then you gain respect as a conference.

Natty, save your breath. The closest TheyRunninAgain has EVER gotten in his years of CFB fandom to quality quarterback play was Jason Thomas....... :o

Take anything he says on the subject with a grain of salt. Informed posters know better and agree with you.

Well there was this Randall dude.

Agree...

Being a fan of a team that went to a BCS Bowl, won and took the glory, I'm not so sure I would be chest thumping about just getting there after getting blown out and humiliated..

Nor would I make excuses about playing a better team.. In fact, I might just say we didn't belong there and our ranking was very overrated..

Hawaii didnt have the liberty of playing the weakest BCS team of all time, nor did BSU.

When the MWC's top team has NEVER beat a ranked BCS opponent since the BCS was formed, that REALLY says something. You wont ever see the WAC's 1st place team give up over 50 points to another mid major either.

BYU is 1-11 vs ranked opponents, with their only win coming against the most overrated team in America, also known as TCU. BSU alone has 4x as many victories since 2003.