Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yumdump

BYU counting chickens

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3333765

Not good wisdom on the coaches part, getting his entire team thinking the conference championship is in the bag....b/c it'll be one of those "in the bag" conference games that, yet again, derails the cougs from reaching what they already claim to be--a real BCS contender.

Dude, what rock have you been living under? This article is old news by now. I posted the link for this a few weeks ago. Anyways, I read the entire article again and nowhere does Bronco mention anything close to claiming the conference is in the bag. Bronco is one of the most realistic and level-headed coaches in the conference and would never say that...nor would any other coaches in our conference. He's always stated that winning the conference title is his first goal, but he's never said that was easy or guranteed.

Plus your comment doesn't make much sense since its been BYU's non-conference games, not their conference games, that have "derailed" them from reaching the BCS. Quit trying to stir the pot. Neither Bronco nor his players have predicted busting the BCS. They have set a goal to win every game, but I'm pretty sure every other team does the same. Go troll somewhere else.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3333765

Not good wisdom on the coaches part, getting his entire team thinking the conference championship is in the bag....b/c it'll be one of those "in the bag" conference games that, yet again, derails the cougs from reaching what they already claim to be--a real BCS contender.

Wow you are trying way to hard to post another ridiculous claim against BYU. Funny how the majority of your posts are always a knock on BYU in some way. You're obsessed with BYU because they always beat your team? Bronco doesn't mention anything about a conf. championship being in the bag, and if you knew ANYTHING about Bronco you wouldn't make those claims either. This guy is as focused as any coach out there about taking it one game at a time and preparing for every opponent week by week. Sorry but your agenda isn't working here. "Expecting" conf. championships is not the same as saying it's "in the bag". Like Trucoug already mentioned no conference game has derailed us from being in the BCS, they were OOC games.

It's true though. They're counting their chickens. How could they not be? If it were my team, I would be admitting it. You should too, but I'm not surprised, BYU fans never admit anything other than how they got snubbed here, and there, and everywhere, etc. I'm not trying to stir the pot, just stating the obvious. Well, I take that back, I'm trying to stir the pot now because of these ridiculous responses to an overtly obvious truth. BYU came very close last year to losing to a couple conferenc teams. Probability dictates they'll have to lose one soon. The odds are against the cougars to go three seasons without losing a conference game. And what I mean by "yet again" doesn't refer to conference games, it refers to the choking, in general, that has caused the cougs to lose winnable games against less opponents (UCLA, Tulsa, Arizona). This year, the derail will be caused by a conference team...and probably UCLA too.

And yes, you're right, I really don't like your school, but it has nothing to do with losing to them in football....or any sport for that matter.

It's true though. They're counting their chickens. How could they not be? If it were my team, I would be admitting it. You should too, but I'm not surprised, BYU fans never admit anything other than how they got snubbed here, and there, and everywhere, etc. I'm not trying to stir the pot, just stating the obvious. Well, I take that back, I'm trying to stir the pot now because of these ridiculous responses to an overtly obvious truth. BYU came very close last year to losing to a couple conferenc teams. Probability dictates they'll have to lose one soon. The odds are against the cougars to go three seasons without losing a conference game. And what I mean by "yet again" doesn't refer to conference games, it refers to the choking, in general, that has caused the cougs to lose winnable games against less opponents (UCLA, Tulsa, Arizona). This year, the derail will be caused by a conference team...and probably UCLA too.

And yes, you're right, I really don't like your school, but it has nothing to do with losing to them in football....or any sport for that matter.

Ummm...What? You're only debating with yourself with a bunch of hypotheticals and probabilities. But thanks for stating your opinion about BYU football. I'll take your remarks into consideration. I'll get back to you when I have further interest in what you have to say. Until then let's consider it one of those, "Don't call me, I'll call you" situations.