Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Carmelo Anthony gets arrested for DUI...

That would be drunk thuggets

We don't need to mention the brawl last year, Iverson's rap sheet/mug shots and now Melo's growing time spent in custody along with the team's multiple facial tattoos(mostly gansta spida webs probably received when in jail) to make the case of these guys being thugs..

Look no further than having 3 of the top 6 players leading the NBA in flagrant fouls/techs as proof of on the court thuggery..

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/sortableStats...;season=regular

Melo has 2 flagrants, 11 techs and one ejection.. What a stud..

Guest Cowboy Junky

We don't need to mention the brawl last year, Iverson's rap sheet/mug shots and now Melo's growing time spent in custody along with the team's multiple facial tattoos(mostly gansta spida webs probably received when in jail) to make the case of these guys being thugs..

Look no further than having 3 of the top 6 players leading the NBA in flagrant fouls/techs as proof of on the court thuggery..

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/sortableStats...;season=regular

Melo has 2 flagrants, 11 techs and one ejection.. What a stud..

You can't really argue with what he does on the court. He's the best player we have on the U.S. International team. He has to be one of the top 10 guys in the leauge.

Having said that, his act is getting really old. He deserves a maximum sentence on this one to get the point across.

You can't really argue with what he does on the court. He's the best player we have on the U.S. International team. He has to be one of the top 10 guys in the leauge.

I'm not sure being one the best scorers is enough to earn the title best we have..

No doubt he is a great scorer.. Some of the best footwork I've seen for a guy that size but he doesn't rebound, play defense or pass the ball..

Part of the reason USA is losing on the international front is because of this type of attitude.. That and we've lacked serious outside shooting on the last few teams..

Melo has a long ways to go on and off the court, IMO...

Guest Cowboy Junky

I'm not sure being one the best scorers is enough to earn the title best we have..

No doubt he is a great scorer.. Some of the best footwork I've seen for a guy that size but he doesn't rebound, play defense or pass the ball..

Part of the reason the USA is losing on the international front is because of this type of attitude.. That and we've lacked serious outside shooting on the last few teams..

I can't really argue any of that.

Part of the reason USA is losing on the international front is because of this type of attitude.. That and we've lacked serious outside shooting on the last few teams..

While I agree Carmelo needs to grow up some both on and off the court, I need to dispute some of your subjective claims. First, Melo would be ranked 3rd (but very close to 2nd) on the Jazz with his rebounding average. He would also average 3rd in assists. He has shown signs of playing defense (last nights win over Houston for example), he also has a tendency to take it easy. This is the main area he needs to grow up on the court.

Also, I was under the impression that Team USA has gotten better since the addition of LeBron, DWade, and Melo. If they haven't, then your "attitude" remark should be given to every player on Team USA, not just Melo.

While I agree Carmelo needs to grow up some both on and off the court, I need to dispute some of your subjective claims. First, Melo would be ranked 3rd (but very close to 2nd) on the Jazz with his rebounding average. He would also average 3rd in assists. He has shown signs of playing defense (last nights win over Houston for example), he also has a tendency to take it easy. This is the main area he needs to grow up on the court.

I will give you some credit here.. He has upped his rebounding from 6(career average) to 7.4 and has tried to get better with assists.. From the games I've seen, Melo doesn't like to scrap in the middle and fight for rebounds.. He'd rather hit the wings and go down the court and look for the first shot he gets.. The Nuggets play isolation basketball on almost every possession unless they are in transition.. This style usually gets eaten alive in the playoffs.. I can buy improved rebounding and assists but trying to pass him off as an improved defensive player will be a tough sale for me.. Except for Camby, Najera and maybe Smith, I think the Nuggets don't even try on defense.. Iverson gets some steals off his quickness, but he never tries to stop people on a regular basis.

Also, I was under the impression that Team USA has gotten better since the addition of LeBron, DWade, and Melo. If they haven't, then your "attitude" remark should be given to every player on Team USA, not just Melo.

I think the whole attitude of team USA blows frankly.. We assume we're the best in the world but it hasn't happened so much lately.. It's the what about me attitude that comsumes USA culture that has led to this, IMO.. Let's see what this next cast can prove.

The only reason I'm a avid NBA fan is because of the Jazz and the style they play.. No BS, very few problems off the court and the coach is the boss 100% of the time.. No head-bands, No thugs and they run a lean program financially with great passion from SLC...

Guest Cowboy Junky

This is great news for the lakers. The denver thuggets might play vs. the lakers. Carmelo Anthony should be thrown in jail.

He was dummy.