Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pioneer

ND to ACC

You and Smeagol can go off and have a love in for the clueless.

And you truly are "Typical BSU Fan".

No affiliation with the school, you are some transplant that moved to Idaho and discovered that there was essentially a semi-Pro football team that was really good, so you decked your closet and kids out in blue and orange, essentially creating a roving circus everywhere you and your brood go.

Now you scour the internet telling everyone how great Boise State is.

I'm "clueless", yet you most likely knew nothing of College Football until the Broncos beat the Sooners in the Fiesta Bowl.

I have something you don't; a degree from the school whose Football team I cheer for.

Guys like BSUTop25 must be thrilled to have you on their team.

I guess I still see the BE as a power conference in olympic sports even with the recent schools that left.

With ND having their oly sports in a football power conference, it creates a relationship to have their fb team use that conference's bowl contracts. The BE was willing to give ND access to their bowls in exchange for thier association and now ND with its oly sports in the ACC has access to their bowls after 2014. ND saw the writing on the wall that the BE lost the auto-tie in to a major bowl and and that the bowls the ACC provides with the new playoff system. In addition, it looks like with them playing 5 ACC teams it gives them a quasi-independence schedule and possibly a 2 step path to full membership. ND could have easily done this with the BE, but they saw the BE as no longer a power conference in football.

I agree with him on the Big 10 and BYU points and the stability of the ACC, but I don't think it's the end of the line for ACC expansion, despite what they said today. Fifteen is a goofy number for all sports and I think getting to 16 with another non-football member is likely, which does not bode well for the Big East. I could see the ACC making a run at a school like Georgetown to fill that 16th spot.

Maybe...maybe not. While I agree 15 is a goofy number I don't see anything else happening unless the Big 12 adds Louisville. I couldn't see Gtown being added either as Virginia, VaTech and Maryland all recruit heavily from DC for basketball so it just makes it that much tougher to recruit for them. I doubt the football schools would want to add another northern school like UConn or Rutgers however if they did add a 16th I think it would also be an Olympic only team like Villanova or St Johns just to add Phily or an NYC school and also give them the possiblity of hurting the BE a little more during basketball season. That being said though this would be much more disasterous for the BE if ND was joining in football and you knew the ACC had to add 1 more.

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

The hilarious thing about "Bronco Bandwagon" is that he tries (quite unsuccessfully) to mask his anger and immaturity with a bunch of pseudo-intellectual drivel. It is painfully obvious that he has to change his shorts in between posts.

Guy is a complete chode.

I've visited the MWC board since Nevada got the invite, So, I know there's a lot of great fans on this board. I put him on ignore, so no big loss. He seems to take himself way too seriously. Probably goes through a whole ritual of cracking his knuckles, saying some positive affirmations, and slapping himself in the head a few times before signing in :huh:

515px-Nevada_Wolf_Pack_Txt.svg.png

If I was the Big XII I would add Louisville and stay at 11. It would strengthen Basketball and enter SEC territory. Play 8 league games, protect 1 rivalry game and skip2 teams each year. After the new NC is in effect for a while then make your changes.

The TV networks have told the Big12 that Louisville brings nothing to the table football wise and that is what it is all about....would be just another mouth to feed.

The TV networks have told the Big12 that Louisville brings nothing to the table football wise and that is what it is all about....would be just another mouth to feed.

+1 It's the real explanation because the networks are driving the bus.

The rest is just poking fun or hot wind out of arse.

BYU would be joining for football and leaving their BB in WCC where they are happy. ND does not play football in the BE so that is irreverent. BYU will join if the BE has a good media contract if it will allow them secondary rights to their home games for the BYU network. You think scheduling is going to be any easier for BYU now that ND is guaranteeing 6 games a year with the ACC? Those were games, along WAC games, were games BYU was counting on scheduling.

BYU isn't joining the BE.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

BYU isn't joining the BE.

And that guy still thinks BYU depends on the WAC for scheduling beyond this year. And obviously hasn't checked out the ND schedule to see how many ACC games are already on their schedule each year.

If ND is having problems with filling 12 games I'm sure BYU is too. With ND leaving I think this puts more pressure on BE to give BYU every thing they asked for. If BYU gets what it wants I beleive BYU will still join BE.

I wonder with the new mix of MWC members if the MWC doesn't try to get a scheduling agreement with BYU to trump the BE.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Holding out for an agreement with the B12?

B12 or Indy. I don't think the B12 will happen, but they're sitting tight right now.

The appeal of the BE is rapidly decreasing as these things keep happening. Louisville, Cincy, Rutgers, and UConn are trying hard to get out.

It's completely unstable right now.

If ND is having problems with filling 12 games I'm sure BYU is too. With ND leaving I think this puts more pressure on BE to give BYU every thing they asked for. If BYU gets what it wants I beleive BYU will still join BE. I wonder with the new mix of MWC members if the MWC doesn't try to get a scheduling agreement with BYU to trump the BE.

Nah, BYU will stay indy. They're not going to join that conference.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

If ND is having problems with filling 12 games I'm sure BYU is too. With ND leaving I think this puts more pressure on BE to give BYU every thing they asked for. If BYU gets what it wants I beleive BYU will still join BE.

I wonder with the new mix of MWC members if the MWC doesn't try to get a scheduling agreement with BYU to trump the BE.

ND isn't having any issue. I just checked and they look pretty full until about 2017 but now they have the ACC to fill out those open dates. Looks like they restart the series with Miami in 2016. They have some interesting games coming up... Texas, Arizona State, and even a trip to Temple.

ND isn't having any issue. I just checked and they look pretty full until about 2017 but now they have the ACC to fill out those open dates. Looks like they restart the series with Miami in 2016. They have some interesting games coming up... Texas, Arizona State, and even a trip to Temple.

could be wrong I thought that was what they said was one of the reasons for joining ACC

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Chris, there were multiple tweets and stuff today from sources that said they were struggling in some aspects.

could be wrong I thought that was what they said was one of the reasons for joining ACC

Wow... that's insane. I thought everybody wanted to play ND but I guess with the way greed and these joke OOC schedules by the SEC maybe they did have trouble.... notice you don't ever see any SEC teams playing the Irish even though I think it'd be an easy win in most cases.

I thought they had an agreement with the BE? They've played Pitt, Cuse and a few others in recent memory.

Interesting that ND spurned the Big XII. The Big XII is going to have to go to 12 teams fairly soon to guarantee their champion makes the 4 game play off. With the ACC instituting the $50 million dollar exit clause, I can't imagine any ACC team is on the table any longer. No one from the PAC, B1G, or SEC was ever on the table. Two teams from the outside are going to get their golden tickets punched. It will be interesting to see who it is.

Wow... that's insane. I thought everybody wanted to play ND but I guess with the way greed and these joke OOC schedules by the SEC maybe they did have trouble.... notice you don't ever see any SEC teams playing the Irish even though I think it'd be an easy win in most cases.

The Irish would want home and home and that is way too far north for SEC teams.