Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at SDSU notes

Both teams come in looking to snap two-game losing streaks as most recently UNLV fell at Houston on Saturday and SDSU lost at Oregon State.

UNLV is 10-22 all-time in conference openers and just 3-13 when they happen on the road

UNLV is one of 13 teams to have not lost a fumble this season and one of just four that have played at least four games

The Rebels tied a school record last season in losing just fi ve fumbles

UNLV has played SDSU more than any other original MW team (23 times), but this marks the fi rst time the two programs have opened conference play against each other (WAC or MW)

This marks the earliest meeting between the Rebels the Aztecs since a non-conference game in 1982

The Aztecs lead the all-time series 14-9 and are 9-3 in games played in San Diego

UNLV has lost six straight trips to Qualcomm Stadium, last winning there under then-head coach John Robinson in 2000

Fourth-year assistant head coach/RBs coach Jeff Horton twice worked at UNLV, serving as an assistant in 1990-91 and then as head coach from 1994-98

The Aztecs have three players from Las Vegas and one from Henderson on their current roster

UNLV will travel three prominent players who list San Diego as their hometown: senior starting DE Jordan Sparkman (Point Loma HS), junior DB Kenny Keys and freshman WR Kendal Keys (both of Helix HS)

UNLV boasts two of the top fi ve kickoff return men in the Mountain West as all-time Rebel leader Marcus Sullivan ranks second in the league and 28th in the nation at 25.7 yards per return and Keith Whitely stands fifth in the MW and 51st nationally with a 23.3-yard clip

For the fourth consecutive game in the 2014 season, San Diego State faces a team that advanced to postseason play last year

San Diego State has won three consecutive home games and has won its last four home contests against teams that were unranked at game time

Since Sept. 28, 2013, San Diego State owns a 9-4 record, tied for the 26th-best record in the nation during that span. That record is tied for tops in the Mountain West, along with Boise State and Colorado State

Rocky Long, the all-time Mountain West leader in coaching victories

San Diego State has advanced to four consecutive bowl games. The Aztecs join Stanford as the only football teams in California - FBS or NFL - to advance to the postseason in each of the past four seasons

Between 2000-09, SDSU was 38-80 (.322) and owned the nation’s 106th-best winning percentage. Since 2010, San Diego State is 35-20 (.636) and owns the nation’s 31st-best winning percentage

SDSU has fumbled just one time this season and has yet to loose a fumble in 2014

Cody Galea is slated to make his 26th consecutive start Saturday, the longest active streak on the team.

Josh Gavert is slated to play in his 43rd straight game on Saturday, the longest active streak on the team

In the last three plus seasons (since 2011), SDSU has held its opponent to less than 100 yards rushing 18 times

With 35 wins in their last 55 games (35-20 since the beginning of the 2010 campaign), the Aztecs have equaled their win total
from the previous 108 games (35-73)

The 34 wins over the previous four seasons (9 in 2010, 8 in 2011, 9 in 2012 and 8 in 2013) are the most in a 4-year period
at San Diego State since 1974-77 (36 wins)

Since the beginning of 2010, the Aztecs have won 35 games. That is more than any current member of the Mountain West
during that time (Boise State (34) is second, Air Force (26) is third)

The game will be streamed live online by ESPN3 and include analyst Pat Hill, who was an assistant coach at UNLV
for two seasons (1981-82)

The team with more rushing yards has been victorious in 15 of the last 16 games in the series with the lone exception coming
in 2007, when the Aztecs escaped Las Vegas with a 38-30 triumph on Nov. 10.

Since 2003, San Diego State has outscored UNLV, 80-41, in the first quarter of the last 11 games

Only once since 2002, have the Rebels led after the first quarter (in 2012, UNLV 7, SDSU 0)

A total of five UNLV players attended the same high school as SDSU players

San Diego State is 4-1 when Pumphrey rushes for at least 100 yards and 6-3 in games in which he has at least one rushing
touchdown.

Starting with three consecutive losses, which has typically been fatal for teams looking to advance to postseason play. Of the 488
teams that opened play 0-3 since 1980, only 19 advanced to bowl play (including 2013 SDSU) and only 31 have posted a winning
record (including 2013 SDSU)

Will you do this for the entire conference?  I think those are great posts and very informative. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Between 2000-09, SDSU was 38-80 (.322) and owned the nation’s 106th-best winning percentage. Since 2010, San Diego State is 35-20 (.636) and owns the nation’s 31st-best winning percentage

the best and worst stat in one

Ahhh shite, now I have a stomach ache. time for tums. 

How was Reser stadium in the flesh?

It wasn't bad.  It looks like three different stadiums,  but I was in the chairbacks in the upperdeck, and they wing the ends pretty good.  Fans were sorta loud, and they did a pretty good job.  Corvallis is a decent town, average tailgating, well below average women, but real friendly before and after the game.  Aztec fans who did both Carolina and Corvallis hands down told me they preferred Chapel Hill, but I wouldn't knock the town. 

Their third downs on defense are a chainsaw through the speakers.  Real annoying for a visitor.

I am still deciding if I want to go to the game. So pathetic to watch UNLV get destroyed. My son Rebel turns one this weekend and it would be his first UNLV Football game, don't know if I want to show him the horrible team that we currently have at UNLV.

Maybe if I can get cheap/free tickets I will go.

RebRobert@gmail.com

Very fascinating. UNR2001 does well with these statistics, despite his Stockholm syndrome.

He did forget one statistic though- 45-19

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Very fascinating. NEVADA2001 does well with these statistics, despite his Stockholm syndrome.

He did forget one statistic though- 45-19

Man, if somebody isn't drinking the scarlet kool-aide you sure do jump in them. Put down the scarlet drank.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Man, if somebody isn't drinking the scarlet kool-aide you sure do jump in them. Put down the scarlet drank.

We must eliminate the weak from within our ranks. This is the only way we will survive the oncoming horde from the North on Nov. 29th. 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

the best and worst stat in one

Who cares about 2000-09. The fact is you guys have found your mojo and hopefully are building a quality program. Rocky might never win the big game but he wins the ones he is supposed to. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage