Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jalapeno

MWC media contract

The MWC is such a joke look to see their next TV contract to be with the Comedy Chanel.

I was unaware that Coco Chanel had a relative named Comedy.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

SDSU fans love to whine about the contract but how many times were you on ESPN before Boise got their deal.

Sdsu and BYU are this conference darlings for cbsucks sports network.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

The MWC is such a joke look to see their next TV contract to be with the Comedy Chanel.

I've wanted to watch Utah play this year. But Still haven't found them on Natl TV to watch. Where the hell is pac12 games, they sure as hell can't be found east of the rocky mtns. I wanted to watch cal on sat to, no where to be found, I had to watch la louf play bs u instead.

PAC is regulated to ABC regional and the pac12 regional only channel. Who cares no one back east wants to watch your shit conference anyway. Thank goodness we didn't join I'm sure you would have stuck us on the pac12 network to try to get the channel on the national scene

The Masters 5k road race All American.

If you're a cord cutter, how is espn3 a good option for you?

I'm a Comcast customer...I get ESPN3 as part of my high speed internet sub.  I believe many high speed subs from other cable companies have that deal too.

I can see us signing with ESPN full time in the feature. The Big Ten is likely to go all in with Fox Sports so it would open up a lot of slots for ESPN to fill. But I'm also interested in NBC Sports as well...Maybe we crack a deal with NBC in which we could put a couple games on NBC main station when Notre Dame is on the road...And then Cover the 4:00 and 7:00-7:30 games on NBC Sports Network. MWC Championship on NBC 7:00 time slot would be legit..Also NBC Sports has something similar to ESPN 3 with NBC Live Sports Extra 

I'd say going with ESPN full time would be the best thing in this case even if it means more weeknight games.  At least everyone would be able to see their team play on the ESPN family of channels.  I wouldn't mind watching every CSU game on ESPN3 which I will be doing this Saturday.

Does NBC Live Sports Extra allow you to replay that game like on ESPN3?

It might not be long before ESPN decides to offer ESPN's family of channels directly like with the WWE Network that does not require a cable TV sub.  That's why a deal with ESPN would be highly desirable.  ESPN is closely watching that WWE Network thing and how that impacts the WWE's bottom line.

I know that ESPN will have the leverage in a deal with the MWC but MWC coaches can go into a recruit's living room and tell the recruit's family that they will be able to see their son/daughter play on ESPN's family of channels even if that is ESPN3.  That will take away an advantage that the Pac-12 would have over the MWC at this point.  CU's president really did appreciate CU having a Thursday Night game on ESPN against West Virigina in Boulder in 2008 since that CU game was the only game on at that time.  I'm sure every MWC president shares that mindset.

I can see us signing with ESPN full time in the feature. The Big Ten is likely to go all in with Fox Sports so it would open up a lot of slots for ESPN to fill. But I'm also interested in NBC Sports as well...Maybe we crack a deal with NBC in which we could put a couple games on NBC main station when Notre Dame is on the road...And then Cover the 4:00 and 7:00-7:30 games on NBC Sports Network. MWC Championship on NBC 7:00 time slot would be legit..Also NBC Sports has something similar to ESPN 3 with NBC Live Sports Extra 

I think NBC sports might get us a better deal and better exposure.   While Comcast is the parent of NBC, they have NBCSN on the basic tier as ESPN.  Not to mention that they key could be the Comcast - Time Warner deal is still going to happen.  Comcast will be available in the MW footprint than ever before.

Now will that get us say a OTA game now and then along with ND to promote a double header...I doubt it unless its a key game. But, I think they'll be able to offer better timeslots than what ESPN put the MW games on (i.e. 10:30/9:30pm Est/Cst). With that timeslot, does it really matter that it is a "national game" even though nobody is watching in the east coast or midwest? 

Either way, we are not close enough to finishing our the current contract to even worry about it and by that time who know what changes have taken place 5 years from now when we can go out on the marketplace.

The only thing the MW will need to do is to see if CBS wants to carry the CCG game another year and if not then shop around to see who will like to broadast the CCG next year or the year after.

EDIT: While ESPN is still the king, there are an increasing number of sports channels that the games shown on FS 1, FS2, CBSSN, NBCSN and the 4 other ESPN channels along with the conference networks that are now setup.  Being on ESPN is as big of a deal as before when they were basiclly the only sports channel.

No, to be completely honest SDSU is getting hosed. Fresno is too, but not as bad as Suds.

Stop being Mr. Nice Guy. Dude always finishes last.

Air Force is hosed the worst as they are a CBSSports favorite. Luckily between AF and Suds, Fresno has been slightly protected.

No, to be completely honest SDSU is getting hosed.  Fresno is too, but not as bad as Suds.

Stop being Mr. Nice Guy.  Dude always finishes last.

Fresno and SDSU aren't the only two who feel this.  3 of Nevada's 4 games picked up by CBSSN are at home.  ESPN networks always picked up Boise @ Nevada when we were in the WAC, so it's a good bet they would again, if it hadn't already been picked by CBSSN.  SDSU @ Nevada may have been picked up by ESPN if it looks like the West is coming down between those two.  Definitely a couple of possible wasted opportunities for tv bonus money. 

WolfPack2014poster_zpsda00ea12.jpg

Fresno and SDSU aren't the only two who feel this.  3 of Nevada's 4 games picked up by CBSSN are at home.  ESPN networks always picked up Boise @ Nevada when we were in the WAC, so it's a good bet they would again, if it hadn't already been picked by CBSSN.  SDSU @ Nevada may have been picked up by ESPN if it looks like the West is coming down between those two.  Definitely a couple of possible wasted opportunities for tv bonus money. 

Fair point.

Nevada used to have pretty good basketball coverage too, has that gotten worse in the MWC like Fresno's has?

Fair point.

Nevada used to have pretty good basketball coverage too, has that gotten worse in the MWC like Fresno's has?

2014 MBB Tv Schedule 

To be honest the coverage is awesome from my perspective. But I remember how horrible the picture was for The Mtn broadcasts and the worthlessness of the program prior to my arrival to the mesa. 

edit: Root Sports is kind of an issue, if you live in CA, but they let you stream for free