Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAM THE RAM

Rams vs BC

Pretty excited about this game. The team has had 2 weeks to prepare and we are getting a lot of players back, including Ty Sambo on the O-line.

The line opened at -5.5 (BC) but the sharps have been on the Rams. Just checked my site and BC was -3.5.

This game is a big one for the conference and the CSU program. I honestly think we can win this game.

Thoughts?

Go Rams!

It's only a matter of time....

Pretty excited about this game. The team has had 2 weeks to prepare and we are getting a lot of players back, including Ty Sambo on the O-line.

The line opened at -5.5 (BC) but the sharps have been on the Rams. Just checked my site and BC was -3.5.

This game is a big one for the conference and the CSU program. I honestly think we can win this game.

Thoughts?

Go Rams!

Big opportunity for Coach Mac and the Rams.  Would like to see him get a signature regular season win.

It would also be a big boost for upcoming conference play.

Big opportunity for Coach Mac and the Rams.  Would like to see him get a signature regular season win.

It would also be a big boost for upcoming conference play.

Sounds like BC caught a worn our and beat up USC team. I watched the Pitt game and BC looked very beatable. CSU has a much better passing game then Pitt and can show much more on the offsenive side of the ball.

If the Rams are not competitve in this game, I would be upset.

Huge opportunity for the Rams.  I saw that Pitt-BC game and that would be a good game to watch for CSU's coaching staff.

The real key will be to keep BC's running game in check.

The BC run game doenst really set-up any passing game, except the big play. Assignment football and the Rams should be able to hold them under 28 points. Our offense should be able to score often. Is Cartwright back?

The BC run game doenst really set-up any passing game, except the big play. Assignment football and the Rams should be able to hold them under 28 points. Our offense should be able to score often. Is Cartwright back?

I'm sorry but if USC couldn't stop BC's run game I don't think csu will be able to.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

CSU has to limit any big plays from BC and win the turnover war to have a shot, but the way Boise shut them down I think BC will do so as well.

CSU was playing with a new O-line and no TE against Boise. Ty Samborillio and Kivon Cartwright (pre-season 1st team MWC) both missed the Bosie game.

Should be different this week, given the return of some key players and the two week prep time. 

USC was worn out/banged up from the Stanford game. Perfect set-up game for USC, traveling across country for a night game.  

Miracles do happen.  And IMHO it will require a miracle for CSU's Coaches to "out-coach" BC's Coaches (Addazio), @ BC.   Superior execution by our inconsistent skill Players will also be required ...   against a very strong, tough, athletic and well Coached BC team.

I know that despite CSU having roughly equal athletes/experience/depth vs BSU... our Staff could not match BSU's Staff in creativity, adaptability, consistency @ BSU.  It took our Staff 3.5 Qtrs to realize Dee Hart & our OL were not going to be consistently successful vs. BSU's front 7.  This shoulda been apparent from films of BSU's previous game vs. Miss.

Miracles do happen.  And IMHO it will require a miracle for CSU's Coaches to "out-coach" BC's Coaches (Addazio), @ BC.   Superior execution by our inconsistent skill Players will also be required ...   against a very strong, tough, athletic and well Coached BC team.

I know that despite CSU having roughly equal athletes/experience/depth vs BSU... our Staff could not match BSU's Staff in creativity, adaptability, consistency @ BSU.  It took our Staff 3.5 Qtrs to realize Dee Hart & our OL were not going to be consistently successful vs. BSU's front 7.  This shoulda been apparent from films of BSU's previous game vs. Miss.

Miracles?

Were not playing Florida State here.  Will it be a tough road game on the east coast????    Yes.

CSU plays well they will have a shot.

I'm sorry but if USC couldn't stop BC's run game I don't think csu will be able to.

Funny that Pitt was able to force BC to throw the ball more often which CSU should be trying to do so.

Also USC only dressed 54 players for that trip and that is the effects of NCAA scholarship reductions that are showing for USC.

Word last week was that Cartwright will still be out. Hopefully better news this week but ... The game hinges on CSU establishing the run I think. When CSU cannot run then Grayson and the passing attack have been impotent. Getting Ty back on the OL will help a lot. CSU's D still scares me, and will all season long. We need to outscore folks to win. And yes I know that sounds obvious, just mean we're not going to win any 13-10 games.

Word last week was that Cartwright will still be out. Hopefully better news this week but ... The game hinges on CSU establishing the run I think. When CSU cannot run then Grayson and the passing attack have been impotent. Getting Ty back on the OL will help a lot. CSU's D still scares me, and will all season long. We need to outscore folks to win. And yes I know that sounds obvious, just mean we're not going to win any 13-10 games.

It seems to me the secondary has some issues to figure out. And if it's the big plays that are most worrisome then a mediocre secondary could be a big problem. Hoping you guys prove me wrong on my prediction of a loss. I honestly think BC looks much better this year than in years past (not that that means they look good).