Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

UMASS preparing 2016 Independent Schedule

http://www.gazettenet.com/sports/umasssports/13575896-95/matt-vautour-independent-football-schedule-taking-shape-for-umass

I've notice the BYU only has 8 games scheduled for 2016.  UMass with them not wanting to join the MAC as a full member, is preparing their schedule for 2016 & 2017 as an Independent.   They seem confident, they will get into a conference (either Sunbelt or AAC) sooner rather than later.

Will BYU help the minutemen with there scheduling? 

http://www.gazettenet.com/sports/umasssports/13575896-95/matt-vautour-independent-football-schedule-taking-shape-for-umass

I've notice the BYU only has 8 games scheduled for 2016.  UMass with them not wanting to join the MAC as a full member, is preparing their schedule for 2016 & 2017 as an Independent.   They seem confident, they will get into a conference (either Sunbelt or AAC) sooner rather than later.

Will BYU help the minutemen with there scheduling? 

UNLV, NM & SJSU should schedule them.  They might get a win.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Guest #1Stunner

I'm sure BYU will jump at this opportunity and help UMASS out.

BYU's scheduling philosophy is to schedule as many P5 as possible, and then schedule the MWC and AAC.

Obviously, UMASS isn't in the above criteria, but BYU also wants to play a national schedule.  UMASS is a great New England area game.  I know BYU is also trying to schedule a game with Boston College.

I think BYU will jump at scheduling a 2-game, November series with UMASS....and maybe even more games.

Here is a list of BYU's future schedules:

http://www.loyalcougars.com/future-football-schedules/

fyi, UMass doesn't want to be in the MAC for basketball so they are leaving.

Their transition to a Div 1 football league has been pretty rough. The transition was started by

the Administration, not  the alumni. The UMass alumni don't really care about football, its much  more a

basketball school. (and lacrosse)

But UMass's new coaching staff has had them competitive in their games so far this year.

That's a good sign.

And the new upgraded football stadium and facilities  in Amherst are almost ready. They've been playing

"home" games in Foxboro at the Pats stadium (75 miles from campus).

yeah I went there.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

Guest #1Stunner

Their transition to a Div 1 football league has been pretty rough. The transition was started by

the Administration, not  the alumni. The UMass alumni don't really care about football, its much  more a

But UMass's new coaching staff has had them competitive in their games so far this year.

That's a good sign.

And the new upgraded football stadium and facilities  in Amherst are almost ready. They've been playing

yeah I went there.

Seems like the school has a lot of potential.  They were a great opponent to travel to and play in basketball for BYU.

I'm not sure if they have a natural conference fit for a football right now, so I hope they can be a successful Indy.

Maybe they need to pursue a 4-game scheduling agreement with the MAC or Sun Belt or someone.

Guest #1Stunner

Are they going to drop back to FCS?

No. They wanted to stay in the A10 for basketball and the MAC for football. The MAC said they could no longer have basketball in a different conference, and so they are kicking UMASS football out of the MAC. I think UMASS really wants to join the AAC, but isn't good enough yet. CUSA also won't let them join as a football only. UMASS won't give up A10 basketball.

UMASS has great basketball already, they just need to continue to grow football program.

Agreed.  I rate UMASS as maybe San Jose State or New Mexico caliber in football right now.  A solid AAC fit.

I actually think UMass would be a good add for the AAC. Basically a mini UConn.

Guest #1Stunner

I actually think UMass would be a good add for the AAC. Basically a mini UConn.

There is some chatter about the AAC possibly adding UMASS and UTSA.

I'm sure BYU will jump at this opportunity and help UMASS out.

BYU's scheduling philosophy is to schedule as many P5 as possible, and then schedule the MWC and AAC.

Obviously, UMASS isn't in the above criteria, but BYU also wants to play a national schedule.  UMASS is a great New England area game.  I know BYU is also trying to schedule a game with Boston College.

I think BYU will jump at scheduling a 2-game, November series with UMASS....and maybe even more games.

Here is a list of BYU's future schedules:

http://www.loyalcougars.com/future-football-schedules/

I think it'll happen and within a month.  They seem to be waiting for the AAC...not sure about the Sunbelt, but the Sunbelt seems weary about having UMass way up north and Idaho way to the east.

That'll take away 1 less MW team in November.

I also think they want to be in the AAC.

natural rival with BC and UConn.

But the football team is too lousy right now.

UConns rise was helped by a total commitment by the Conn. state government.

Conn. was tired of being smothered out by Boston and NYC media and teams.

Their football is down right now, but they've done a pretty good job all around.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

I think it'll happen and within a month.  They seem to be waiting for the AAC...not sure about the Sunbelt, but the Sunbelt seems weary about having UMass way up north and Idaho way to the east.

That'll take away 1 less MW team in November.

The whole November games thing is overstated.

There's a few upcoming, but there haven't really been that many.  I wouldn't be surprised to see BYU open at someone like UMass.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

That's a good sign.

yeah I went there.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom10140916/al-pacino-given-sunday-speech-fires-bottom-10

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Guest #1Stunner

Good thing this potential series is in 2017 and 2018, and not 2014!

Of that 10-team list, I want BYU to schedule the following:

(1) UMASS

(2) VATECH

(3) SMU

(4) VANDERBILT

(5) NORTHWESTERN

Some fun schools on that list.