Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoStateBulldogFan

Guess Who Made the Waiting List???

SUU 55

FS 24

SUU starts a Heisman campaign after this game when (insert offensive/defensive/ST player name here) has a career game and breaks school records.  Burrell will start, no matter how healthy or not Connette is.  This team is cursed to have BB start.

P.S.  Yeah, I'm bs-ing, but you CAN see it happening, though...

You joke, but I think this is the only worry I have about Saturday...if CTD and staff have this odd, stubborn fascination with BB. I felt the same way about CPH and Brandstater (I still think Norton got screwed that year). Like Brandstater, BB makes a great "all airport QB" selection...tall, rangy, etc. Looks great in sweats getting off the charter flight/team bus, but doesn't have it where it counts...on the field when it matters and game still undecided. BB is, besides being "all airport", also "all America garbage time QB". When team down by 30+ with 7:00 left on the clock in the 4th qtr and opposition has emptied bench, he'll sling it all over the field. This concerns me about Saturday in that he'll start against an inferior team and look serviceable, and CTD and staff use that to justify their bias to continue to keep using him, when everybody from the waterboy to the octagenarian in the nosebleed seats can see BC is the obvious choice, and a leader the team obviously responds to. My hope is BC starts Saturday and shreds SUU, and then BB gets in there and is merely adequate, thus making the decision to go to BC a no brainer...even for the coaching staff.

You joke, but I think this is the only worry I have about Saturday...if CTD and staff have this odd, stubborn fascination with BB. I felt the same way about CPH and Brandstater (I still think Norton got screwed that year). Like Brandstater, BB makes a great "all airport QB" selection...tall, rangy, etc. Looks great in sweats getting off the charter flight/team bus, but doesn't have it where it counts...on the field when it matters and game still undecided. BB is, besides being "all airport", also "all America garbage time QB". When team down by 30+ with 7:00 left on the clock in the 4th qtr and opposition has emptied bench, he'll sling it all over the field. This concerns me about Saturday in that he'll start against an inferior team and look serviceable, and CTD and staff use that to justify their bias to continue to keep using him, when everybody from the waterboy to the octagenarian in the nosebleed seats can see BC is the obvious choice, and a leader the team obviously responds to. My hope is BC starts Saturday and shreds SUU, and then BB gets in there and is merely adequate, thus making the decision to go to BC a no brainer...even for the coaching staff.

Right now Brandstater would be a huge upgrade.

And I agree with you...Norton got screwed big time.

Pack fans know your pain Dawg fans.  Much of last season was hard to stomach, and while Nevada looks much improved this year, I'm still a bit nervous.

The biggest mystery to me is a TD coached team once again has a horrible defense.

WolfPack2014poster_zpsda00ea12.jpg

I keep reading how ridiculous Fresno State's schedule has been and I am just not buying it.  They have played a couple of teams that may be good, but they haven't played anybody that is great.  I suspect that Utah will be one of the worst 3 or 4 teams in the Pac 12, so that is hardly a top notch opponent.  Nebraska may be a challenger in a really bad Big 10 and USC may put together some wins, but I don't see either as top 10 teams.  This hasn't been a ridiculous schedule.  In fact, I suspect there will be several teams that will have tougher three game stretches many times this season.

I wonder what happens first.... UNLV makes the list or New Mexico gets off the list? Fresno will get off the waiting list this week and they'll never see it again. 

Both may happen in the same week unfortunately. If UNM wins and Houston "beats the brakes off" UNLV, we may switch with them.

Watching the UNL-Fresno game, I was completely puzzled they didn't put Connette in there. Burrell was absolutely atrocious. They still probably wouldn't have won but likely wouldn't have been steamrolled so bad either.

He was apparently hurt and didn't practice all week. Got banged up a bit against Utah. I don't know though, I had some other stuff going on and didn't get a chance to watch the game. 

I keep reading how ridiculous Fresno State's schedule has been and I am just not buying it.  They have played a couple of teams that may be good, but they haven't played anybody that is great.  I suspect that Utah will be one of the worst 3 or 4 teams in the Pac 12, so that is hardly a top notch opponent.  Nebraska may be a challenger in a really bad Big 10 and USC may put together some wins, but I don't see either as top 10 teams.  This hasn't been a ridiculous schedule.  In fact, I suspect there will be several teams that will have tougher three game stretches many times this season.

I agree. 

The MWC as a whole is WAY down this year. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

I'll be rooting big time for Flagship U. Not 'cause I really care who wins but 'cause I'm a humanitarian and having to travel to El Armpit and wash the Minors' bus is a fate worse than death. Worse than that even.

Boom goes the dynamite.

You mean nationally?  Sure, a Pac12 team may have a USC, Oregon, Stanford stretch, or an SEC team an Alabama, aTm, Auburn or something like that.  So, yeah, that would be worse.  If you mean in the MWC....uh, no.  Others in MWC have/will play(ed) against some good to great teams...Oregon, Auburn, Arizona, Mich St., etc...but not in a row.  Other teams were smart enough to break up the rough patches with a palate cleanser like a Nichols St. or whatever.  But, it is what it is, and Fresno underperformed regardless.  Hopefully they can look at it like a high intensity scrimmage that fully exposed every single problem in agonizing detail so they could throw some duct tape and crazy glue on it prior to league.  We'll know a lot more on how the duct tape is holding up this Saturday vs. SUU.   

I keep reading how ridiculous Fresno State's schedule has been and I am just not buying it. They have played a couple of teams that may be good, but they haven't played anybody that is great. I suspect that Utah will be one of the worst 3 or 4 teams in the Pac 12, so that is hardly a top notch opponent. Nebraska may be a challenger in a really bad Big 10 and USC may put together some wins, but I don't see either as top 10 teams. This hasn't been a ridiculous schedule. In fact, I suspect there will be several teams that will have tougher three game stretches many times this season.

Youre correct. Its tough so far, no doubt, but FS made those teams look like world beaters. FS has issues top to bottom. Other than DC2, with mostly the same personnel. Its something systemic. Coaching, confidence, no leadership, etc etc.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

Come on, Dogs.

Starting off your season losing to 3 P5 teams (2 on the road) is tough, but you should win 3 of the next 4 and get out of the cellar. In the mean time get busy and do something about that horrible defense. Its awful.

"A donkey always says thank you with a kick." --– Kenyan Proverb

Come on, Dogs.

Starting off your season losing to 3 P5 teams (2 on the road) is tough, but you should win 3 of the next 4 and get out of the cellar. In the mean time get busy and do something about that horrible defense. Its awful.

Their defense was awful last year too, but they could offset that with an offense few could stop. Now that the offense is gone, everything else is exposed. They could be in for a two year rebuild here and absolutely need to address their defensive issues.

Norm Chow on the waiting list

Waiting list: Akron (1-4); Cal (1-4); Colorado (1-4); Colorado State (1-4); Hawaii (1-3); Kentucky (1-4); Navy (1-3); Norm Chow: QB guru; Ohio State video return policy; Rice (1-4); South Alabama (1-4); Stanford's rush attack vs. Washington; Tackling; Tennessee turnovers; UTEP (1-4); Virginia Tech prevent defense.

One of the Final Five..........