Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jewelz4562000

BSU gets another late big

6'11 Texas forward Zach Haney. 27th rated C on Scout. Offers from Georgia, Georgia tech, SF Austin, Nevada, Virginia Tech, Oregon State.  Pretty skinny I'd guess he reshirts to put on weight.  Puts us one over on scholly's so someone is leaving.

Incoming class now has 6'11, 6'10, 6'9, and 6'7 along with very Athletic 6'8 coming off redshirt.

I'm not sure he will RS. He has the size, skills, and range to play the 4 spot right now. He shot over 40% from 3 and has good ball handling skills. I think a lot depends on how JWIII is progressing. Duncan is the likely starter at the 4. I've heard some glowing endorsements about JWIII, but from what I saw he was pretty raw. If he's progressed I think Haney RS's as there just won't be enough minutes for him with Allen and Wacker also being down low. If Haney is more ready then JWIII then I think plays right away.

It's going to be awesome to finally not be undersized every single game. In fact, I think Boise State will go from the smallest team to one of the biggest teams in the league.  

Somebody needs to redshirt I would think.

Leon hasn't really RSed many guys since he's been here. He didn't RS Dez Trent despite him getting hardly any PT. JWIII RSed, but he was really raw and needed it. Mikey did, but they were absolutely stacked at guard at the time. All the other RS haven't done anything at Boise State. My guess is if Leon thinks he is good enough to play right now he will. The only way he RS is if they think he will ride pine the whole season.

Here is his profile, btw:

http://boisestate.scout.com/a.z?s=336&p=8&c=1&nid=7026729

That is some good size. BSU is really upping their bball. Nice work.

If nothing else, they will be a much, much bigger team. There is a lot of length to go with that size as well. Should be much better at protecting the basket. They had 0 shot blockers last year and should have 4 or 5 next year.

6'11 Texas forward Zach Haney. 27th rated C on Scout. Offers from Georgia, Georgia tech, SF Austin, Nevada, Virginia Tech, Oregon State.  Pretty skinny I'd guess he reshirts to put on weight.  Puts us one over on scholly's so someone is leaving.

Incoming class now has 6'11, 6'10, 6'9, and 6'7 along with very Athletic 6'8 coming off redshirt.

The big question is how athletic are they?  Our incoming guys aren't as tall, but I'll take them any day instead of just height.

The big question is how athletic are they?  Our incoming guys aren't as tall, but I'll take them any day instead of just height.

Webb 6'8, and Hutch 6'7 are extremly athletic.  I don't think Wacker is extremly athletic but neither was Watkins and I think he is more athletic than Ryan.  Allen 6'10 I haven't seen film at all but have heard he is a shot blocker and more athletic than Watkins.  And the newest Haney shot 40% from the 3 and on his highlight has a few clips where he gets a steal and goes coast to coast for a dunk.  So he can dribble and shoot for a 6'11 guy.

I'm not sure he will RS. He has the size, skills, and range to play the 4 spot right now. He shot over 40% from 3 and has good ball handling skills. I think a lot depends on how JWIII is progressing. Duncan is the likely starter at the 4. I've heard some glowing endorsements about JWIII, but from what I saw he was pretty raw. If he's progressed I think Haney RS's as there just won't be enough minutes for him with Allen and Wacker also being down low. If Haney is more ready then JWIII then I think plays right away.

It's going to be awesome to finally not be undersized every single game. In fact, I think Boise State will go from the smallest team to one of the biggest teams in the league.  

I just figured redshirt because I think Wacker is more polished at this point as a big so I don't see him redshirting. Hutch won't redshirt nor will Allen.  So unless he is better than Webb immediately I see him redshirting.  I've seen his highlights he is definitely skilled.

I think we see

Mikey-Iggy

Marks-Dez

Drmic-Hutch

Duncan-Webb

Allen-Wacker

Yeah, I think beating out JWIII is the key. Haney seems to be the better shooter and is bigger, but JWIII is the more athletic of the two.

I'm really surprised that Leon was able to land TWO quality bigs so late. Kudos to him. Seems the new Basketball facility is paying off in recruiting.

The big question is how athletic are they? Our incoming guys aren't as tall, but I'll take them any day instead of just height.

Hutch and JWIII will be the two best athletes on the team. Wacker doesn't look that athletic, but is a natural shot blocker. Allen isn't that athletic either but has very long arms and is a good rim protector. Haney looks pretty athletic in his film. He runs the floor great and can handle the ball well. He grew 2 inches his SR year so he might still be growing. Coach said his skill set is that of a guard. He was also the all area defensive MVP in the Houston area.