Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Shep

Looks like MWC will take back seat to the BIG 5.

What say you all?

We're going to pull a Rosa Parks on the $$$ conferences. Plus some of their athletics are going to go one step too far and wreck the whole thing and the whole house of cards that they have built is going to come crashing down around them. Then the sane non$conference schools will be standing stronger.

You will hear the people rise. Singing the song of angry men. You will hear the people sing we will not be slaves again. When the beating of the heart echoes the beating of the drum, will you join in the crusade who will be strong and stand with me?

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

We're going to pull a Rosa Parks on the $$$ conferences. Plus some of their athletics are going to go one step too far and wreck the whole thing and the whole house of cards that they have built is going to come crashing down around them. Then the sane non$conference schools will be standing stronger.

You will hear the people rise. Singing the song of angry men. You will hear the people sing we will not be slaves again. When the beating of the heart echoes the beating of the drum, will you join in the crusade who will be strong and stand with me?

You might be spot on!

http://m.espn.go.com/extra/ncaa/story?storyId=10817368&src=desktop

I am pretty sure this is what he is talking about. A new subdivision that does not include the MWC.

Slive visited the University of Massachusetts last week as the executive-in-residence for the Mark H. McCormack Department of Sport Management. In a keynote address, Slive laid out seven goals for the new subdivision of Division I that will house the following conferences: SEC, Atlantic Coast, Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12.

Guest #1Stunner

What say you all?

Not too worried about this....

If certain schools get left out, expect certain United States Senators to raise a ruckus, and give these conferences problems to deal with. 

BYU had Orrin Hatch raised hell once, and he'll do it again.  These guys don't want their alma mater getting left out.

Not too worried about this....

If certain schools get left out, expect certain United States Senators to raise a ruckus, and give these conferences problems to deal with.

BYU had Orrin Hatch raised hell once, and he'll do it again. These guys don't want their alma mater getting left out.

The P5 should have split off years ago and the POWERS in government with the exception of Ivy League schools who don't care about athletics probably graduated from a member of one of the P5 conference membership and all feel the same way. It's time the pretenders are kicked out of FBS.

Guest #1Stunner

The P5 should have split off years ago and the POWERS in government with the exception of Ivy League schools who don't care about athletics probably graduated from a member of one of the P5 conference membership and all feel the same way. It's time the pretenders are kicked out of FBS.

iYSiK.gif

Guest #1Stunner

Big question is who else will they invite this offseason?

UCONN

Cincinnati

Houston

South Florida

Central Florida

UNLV

SDSU

New Mexico

BYU

Colorado State

Wyoming

Thanks for the link RR, the big problem I see and I was alluding too earlier is that the new subdivision is going to concentrate the power in the ADs. Do you really think the University Presidents are going to allow that? I can't imagine a President of a major university publicly taking a back seat for such a prominent part of the University. Maybe I am misunderstanding the new proposed power structure, but I think I am pretty spot on. They may think that currently at some schools, e.g. I can't envision the president at Bama firing Saban in a power play, but I think they have sufficient cover to pretend they are more powerful.

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

FIFY

PAC-12 will add at least two schools. Probably four schools.

Big -12 will add at least two schools, probably four or six.

Big Ten isn't finished and they will tell you that.

ACC probably adds one more.

SEC might be done, might not be.

This isn't over. Far from over.

It will heat up again with big ten TV deal coming into play in the next year or two.

Cincy and UCONN may be the first two invites but won't be the last.

PAC-12 will add at least two schools. Probably four schools.

Big -12 will add at least two schools, probably four or six.

Big Ten isn't finished and they will tell you that.

ACC probably adds one more.

SEC might be done, might not be.

This isn't over. Far from over.

It will heat up again with big ten TV deal coming into play in the next year or two.

Cincy and UCONN may be the first two invites but won't be the last.

None of the conferences are going to expand, if it dilutes earnings per school. The only 2 schools I see that add real value are UConn and Cinci. Those 2 schools already have bigger athletic budgets than 1/2 the p5 schools do already and bring decent sized fan bases with them. Sorry- just the way most see it.

Oh, and I see Cinci as a long shot too at this point. UConn will get it, eventually and Notre Lame will be forced to finally join a conference in football. You may see some shuffling going around in the P5 conferences, but I think the dust has settled for awhile, sadly.