Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ClevelandBrown

Bronco Blitz

He was out fishing and skiing during the important lessons in finance.

Not to mention fail trolling on teh interweb all day long.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

He's got it nailed.  I love when the 21 year old college kids show up at my job and think they've got it figured out.  It's kinda cute.

That's the thing. Hes a returning student, in other words the 35 year old guy in class who asks the professor questions constantly and makes everyone stay way later than necessary.

You'd think he'd have  matured a little.

Then you have the "the money doesn't matter" vs. "why would I go part time to establish residency, pushing my furture earning potential an extra year out" contradiction.

That's the thing. Hes a returning student, in other words the 35 year old guy in class who asks the professor questions constantly and makes everyone stay way later than necessary.

You'd think he'd have matured a little.

Then you have the "the money doesn't matter" vs. "why would I go part time to establish residency, pushing my furture earning potential an extra year out" contradiction.

Mike's an interesting guy.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

And you think a guy who goes to sdsu or Fresno would get the job? All things being equal?

Indirectly comparing SDSU to BSu, I see. SDSU is a national institution. BSU is a regional institution. 

Indirectly comparing SDSU to BSu, I see. SDSU is a national institution. BSU is a regional institution. 

K5 said a guy who went to BSU would not get a job over a UCLA guy all things being equal.  No chit.  A guy who went to any MWC school except AFA would get the shaft over a guy from UCLA all things being equal. 

Posted Image

indirectly comparing SDSU to UCLA, I see.  UCLA is a UC school, SDSU is a Cal state school.

Posted Image

K5 said a guy who went to BSU would not get a job over a UCLA guy all things being equal.  No chit.  A guy who went to any MWC school except AFA would get the shaft over a guy from UCLA all things being equ

Even in the PAC 12 an ASU grad would get overlooked for the UCLA grad. You attempted to indirectly compare BSU to SDSU. Didn't work. Maybe toiletpaper...er...tailingpermit should have gone to ASU since he was looking for a brand name institution on the cheap.

indirectly comparing SDSU to UCLA, I see.  UCLA is a UC school, SDSU is a Cal state school.

LOL! You had to really look hard and look a second time to come up with that witty retort. You lib arts college education is paying off. That Cal State school is nationally recognized over you lib arts college and BSU. Nice try.  :lol:

I must have missed something here. By what criteria is SUDS a 'national institution'?

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

I must have missed something here. By what criteria is SUDS a 'national institution'?

A record 11 students and recent alumni were selected as Fulbright Scholars in 2011, which ties the university with UCLA for 3rd in California.

Increasingly recognized for innovative research, SDSU has achieved the prestigious designation of Research University with high research activity granted by the Carnegie Foundation. Since 2000, SDSU faculty and staff have attracted more than $1.5 billion in grants and contracts for research and program administration.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/san-diego-state-university-1151

Edit: It's the only CSU out of all the D1 CSUs to be recognized as a national university.

SDSU has worked hard to promote themselves in the national university model. Expect two to three other CSU's to aggressively plan to follow suit...I know for a fact that Fresno's new prez sees opportunity there and has very ambitious goals for raising the university's profile. SDSU's push is actually a good thing for campuses like Fresno, SJSU and Slo.

SDSU has worked hard to promote themselves in the national university model. Expect two to three other CSU's to aggressively plan to follow suit...I know for a fact that Fresno's new prez sees opportunity there and has very ambitious goals for raising the university's profile. SDSU's push is actually a good thing for campuses like Fresno, SJSU and Slo.

I though SJ was a national university too. A bit shocked it's not. There's no reason why Fresno, SJ and SLO should not be national universities.

I don't know if you should categorize a half of semester at Michigan

State as a returning student.  And as far as holding the class up, I'm

​usually the first out the door as I'd rather be doing a million other things.

You'd think he'd have  matured a little.

​LOL, it's the intardnet.

Either you haven't been paying attention, or 

​you don't know the meaning of "contradiction."

Which is it?

I though SJ was a national university too. A bit shocked it's not. There's no reason why Fresno, SJ and SLO should not be national universities.

Yeah, they're not....in many rankings they're typically right along side us (equally ranked last I saw in overused USNWR) as one of the better ranked western 'public' regional universities. Emphasis on public because there are many privates on that list too.