Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

MWC Worst.

We know who we are.  Y'all have the indentity crisis with all the UC's looking down their noses at the unwashed State Schools.

Lol.

You didn't even go to Boise because it was such an awful school.

Just continue to take it on the chin like you do when you play SDSU at anything.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

That's good that they're growing the school's reputation...I'm thankful we have a new prez to be honest...he's very focused on academics and really emphasizing research, growth and heightened specialization in some disciplines...our old prez became far too content settling for our reputation as a respected, but not great, Western 'public regional' U (we are..along with a handful of other CSU's....always near the top of the western regionals that are 'public'). I foresee tremendous advancement (even with the limitations placed on CSU) for the school under his guidance. He really does get it.

Boise State is never going to be a tier 1 research university but given the trajectory and investment/interest from some local corporations, it will likely grow into a decent regional school with some select PhD programs to fill a niche. The State of Idaho doesn't have the population, resources, or political culture to substantially grow public education. 

Good for CSU-Fresno. I hope your school continues advancing.  

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Lol.

You didn't even go to Boise because it was such an awful school.

Just continue to take it on the chin like you do when you play SDSU at anything.

I'm an alum and have done alright for myself. Education is just as much what you put into it as what you receive. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I'm an alum and have done alright for myself. Education is just as much what you put into it as what you receive. 

I was just busting his balls,  because I know he didn't go there. He seems to mention Gonzaga a lot.

Tons of people don't go to college and do fine for themselves.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Who roots for academics on a sports forum?

Half the people here aren't even alumni of MW schools...

People who actually realize there's the word college in "college football"

Not even close.

How old are you 3?  I guess you missed all those years that SDS was the dog everyone kicked.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

1. SJ

2. SJ

3. SJ or BSU

(SJ is on #3 because they have the most potential being in silicon valley, but still fail)

Football all-time according to cfbdatawarehouse

UNM 459-564-31 (0.450)

UNLV 232-289-4 (.445)

SJSU 471-468-37 (.502)

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Football all-time according to cfbdatawarehouse

UNM 459-564-31 (0.435)

UNLV 232-289-4 (.441)

SJSU 471-467-37 (.483)

However, UNM has at least been to more than 3 bowl games in their entire history (which is considerably longer than UNLV's, not bashing, just a statement of fact).

Using all-time winning percentage as the benchmark, this is how they stack-up, top to bottom in football. Boise State is #1 (.722). Fresno State has the most wins (579) and the most conference championships (25). The bottom team is UNLV, with the fewest wins, the lowest win percentage (.445) and fewest conference titles (1). New Mexico is second worst in win percentage (.450), and has the most losses of any MWC school (564).

School Wins Losses Ties Win % Conference Championships

1 Boise State           397-152-2     .722     17

2 Fresno State         579-391-27  .594     25

3 Hawaii                  536-419-26    .559    4

4 San Diego State   509-403-32    .556    15

5 Nevada                 522-457-34    .532   14

6 San Jose State      471- 467- 37  .502   16

7 Air Force               352-301-13    .501    3

8 Utah State            514-514-31    .500   13

9 Wyoming              503-540-28    .482   15

10 Colorado State   493-554-33    .471   15

11 New Mexico       459-564-31    .450    5

12 UNLV                   232-289-4     .445    1

Champ Logo.jpg

Using all-time winning percentage as the benchmark, this is how they stack-up, top to bottom. Boise State is #1 (.722). Fresno State has the most wins (579) and the most conference championships (25). The bottom team is UNLV, with both the lowest win percentage (.445) and fewest conference titles (1). New Mexico is second worst in win percentage (.450), and has the most losses of any MWC school (564).

School                                           Wins                                      Losses           Ties                  Win %                          Conference Championships

1 Boise State                                 397                                           152                 2                  .722                                                  17

2 Fresno State                              579                                           391                27                       .594                                                  25

3 Hawaii                                          536                                           419                26                      .559                                                    4

4 San Diego State                       509                                           403                32                       .556                                                  15

5 Nevada                                         522                                          457                 34                 .532                                                  14

6 San Jose State                          471                                           467                 37                      .502                                                  16

7 Air Force                                      352                                           301             13                     .501                                        3

8 Utah State                                 514                                            514                  31                     .500                                      13

9 Wyoming                                    503                                            540                 28                     .482                                                  15

10 Colorado State                       493                                           554                 33                     .471                                      15

11 New Mexico                           459                                           564                 31                      .450                                                    5

12 UNLV                                          232                                            289                  4                 .445                                                    1

FTFY

3. SJ or BSU

(SJ is on #3 because they have the most potential being in silicon valley, but still fail)

RIght. Yet, SJSU ranks #13 on Forbes list of highest starting incomes per graduates. Nice straw-man. Show me the money.