Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chalsean

OT - For you cord cutters

Can you use it through a roku or PS3?  I was looking at Plex because you can use it through a roku.

I understand that you could get a Raspberry Pi device that would run it.

Guest #1Stunner

I understand that you could get a Raspberry Pi device that would run it.

I have and use PLEX through my Roku.  It works great.

between these two links

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/

http://gofirstrowus.eu/

and over the air TV I rarely miss a show or event I want to see and if I do miss it well it turns out I really don't miss it

sure I might be 2-3 days behind keeping up with some TV show, but who cares plus I can watch 3-4 episodes in a row if I want to instead of being left "hanging on edge" to see what happens next week

and with first row I have missed a few games mainly UT games because the LHN does not seem to get on firstrow as often and a few others, but minor teams for the most part and there is also the occasional game that starts late and part way into the first quarter as well, but again usually minor games

and there is also ESPN as well for some games and in the future I am sure other sports networks will be streaming as well

I cut the cord because I got tired of paying for 250 channels of crap I did not want to watch, more "agenda" channels popping up while decent channels went to crap and most of all the fact that my dish bill always had little charges popping up on it that I would have to call and get removed or get credited for and there was always no explanation or some lame explanation so finally I told them how about you get zero of my money and like it

they would take the $5 dollar charge off and credit me and then 2-3 months it would be back or it would be something different.......good bye it was the best move I have made in a while saved me $70 per month, I prefer to watch on my computer and when I feel like watching and saving up episodes as well and watching several in a row

I'm trying to convince the wife to let me build a media server

dude put the mom jeans on and get it done

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law

Can you use it through a roku or PS3?  I was looking at Plex because you can use it through a roku.

I use Universal Media Server for my PS3. Mostly to stream content from my PC though.

I do love XBMC, though the only minor gripe I have is that most of the addons you find don't really work correctly. 

That's an understatement. I've found XBMC to be largely worthless, for me. Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but I don't use it anymore.

I looked at that. I want to digitize all my DVDs too

I did that. It's been nice. I just use iTunes and an AppleTV, though. But that works for me.

It's funny, but I've found DVDs to be so dang clunky. I hate all optical media now. Haven't purchased a DVD or CD in years.

I looked at that. I want to digitize all my DVDs too

I dig it so far. Some of the functions are buggy (auto update rarely works for me) but it plays just about any format on just about any device.

I use it to stream content to my PS3 in the living room, smart TV in my bedroom, directv receiver in my garage, etc...

That's an understatement. I've found XBMC to be largely worthless, for me. Ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but I don't use it anymore.

It's a really nice media organizer but I tried to setup some of it's launcher programs to the point where I never had to exit it. Didn't work out well for me at all