Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

OT: Who makes the best burger in your area?

Too many places in Pasadena that make great gourmet or bar burgers to list. Same applies to L.A.

I have two tied for small/local/regional chain; In-N-Out & Tommy's. The burgers at Tommy's all have chili. I love their chili burgers.

tommyschili2.jpg

That's my spot. I need to spend 2 hours at the gym every time I eat it though.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Forgot about Fat Burger, one of my favorite fast food joints

No doubt one of the best for sure.  Colorado is our a local rip off by a guy that used to operate the Fat Burger franchises locally....or at least that's how it started.  Loved Fat Burger as an end-up after a night out.  

Girlfriend wanted to go to the zoo and I wanted to drink beer. We made a compromise :) I would never go there on gameday with the tailgate bill of fare available just down the road..

Agree, only went there with family in town before a game. Usually I'm in the Denver lot or under the electronic Broadway board in the blorange A-Team van.

No doubt one of the best for sure. Colorado is our a local rip off by a guy that used to operate the Fat Burger franchises locally....or at least that's how it started. Loved Fat Burger as an end-up after a night out.

Fat burger in my area closed down. Not driving 20 miles for one, but it is good.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Agree, only went there with family in town before a game. Usually I'm in the Denver lot or under the electronic Broadway board in the blorange A-Team van.

One of the tailgates I go to is halfway between the sign on broadway and the chitter farm n the corner of broadway and university.  Spend the other part of the day at the engineering building with the fam. 

Posted Image

One of the tailgates I go to is halfway between the sign on broadway and the chitter farm n the corner of broadway and university. Spend the other part of the day at the engineering building with the fam.

In the white bus with the party patio? Lol!

Here is an article on Five Guys vs In-N-Out in Vegas.  They are both good just depends on preference imo. 

http://www.reviewjournal.com/trending/silver-state/8-reasons-las-vegas-says-it-likes-n-out-more-5-guys

I honestly don't even know how 5 guys stays in business in Vegas. Every time I have ever been there it is a ghost town where the number of employees far out numbers the guests. I would not be surprised to see them close up shop. I honestly can't name a single good thing about their burgers or fries either so I am not surprised. The only reason I have gone more than once is because people I meet for lunch want to "give it a try" and see for themselves what all the buzz was supposed to be about. I have yet to meet the person who said they will return.

Fat burger in my area closed down. Not driving 20 miles for one, but it is good.

Sounds a little weird....but my friend would always head in hammered and always ask them to add pickle juice to the mayo they'd throw on his burger...they always did and he swears to this day that it was what set it apart. As for me, I just like it as served.  

In the white bus with the party patio? Lol!

Naw accross the street in the grass.  I want one of those busses though.  A guy used to drive one of those duck's from WWII and park around there. 

Posted Image

Guest #1Stunner

Crown is great for fast food burgers. I know the families that own them well, and they are all good people and make a fine product.

Lucky 13 makes some great burgers, but be warned that it is a bar:

burger-pooltable.jpeg

http://www.lucky13slc.com/

Also, the Cotton Bottom (also a bar) makes a great Garlic Burger, but it may not be around much longer (Holladay city is supposedly going to buy the building and property, may or may not lease it back ):  http://cottonbottominn.com/

Get Crown Burgers to open up a location in Las Vegas. Near any Cafe Rio they'd get a ton of business.

I can't stand 5 guys...(they sell fries, with a small side of hamburger)

Tops BBQ (they get local, never frozen beef) and Huey's are the best in Memphis.

Tops:

pulled1.jpg

Huey's:

hueysburger.jpg

I miss Whataburger...

mem skyline sig.jpeg