Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

MWC Basketball Recruiting 2014-15

YTtK5xK.png

Newest Rebel.

McCaw verbals to UNLV.

man, i come in from putting a dog door in, and i see pat mccaw to unlv, savon goodman to asu, and the kid from durango to sjsu. also that afa swept the rebs in baseball, wth?? anyway, busy afternoon.  so i guess rice is anticipating more transfers...or something.

3-star PG Darryl Gaynor commits to SJSU.

http://247sports.com/Player/Darryl-Gaynor-58507

That's a real nice get for you guys. Congrats. 

Is it? I dont know anything about the kid.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Is it? I dont know anything about the kid.

Haven't seen a ton of him, but he reminds me of Dorian Green. Maybe some Vegas people who have seen him live, can shed more light. 

Thanks. Gaynor brings a good defensive game, which is something we sorely need. We really need some power forwards and a half way decent center at this point.

If Noah Robotham out of Las Vegas Bishop Gorman commits, this will be a solid class. Robotham is now down to SJSU, Boston College and Akron. I think we have an advantage having his former high school team mate Rashaad Muhammad at SJSU already.

Isn't noah also a pg? Would they want another pg?

Yeah, but at this point, we may just sign and redshirt him, Gaynor or both. That's unless we can get a good power forward, which isn't looking good at this point. The APR think hurt our chances with Durant.

Looks like the SEC team waiting in the weeds for Goodman is Auburn.  Apparently Bruce Pearl hired one of the La Salle assistants who had a relationship with the kid. 

http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2014/04/longtime_la_salle_assistant_ex.html

Gotta think Auburn is the heavy favorite to land him now.

Looks like the SEC team waiting in the weeds for Goodman is Auburn.  Apparently Bruce Pearl hired one of the La Salle assistants who had a relationship with the kid. 

http://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/index.ssf/2014/04/longtime_la_salle_assistant_ex.html

Gotta think Auburn is the heavy favorite to land him now.

Interesting, don't Bowers and Goodman play same position?

Will be interesting to see what class UNLV ends up with and whether it can match this past year in quality, the consensus seems to be that they are behind in their 3 major target (Smith/Zimmerman/Jeter) also Elijah

I wouldn't say those are 3 major targets,

I would put Elijah ahead of all of them. And where we are at with a recruit now matters very little. Out of all big named recruits only Morgan would we have been considered the leader on early.