Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billings

ESPN on merger

Ok, USU fans are reporting a presser this Friday (rumor). Others have Friday as well. Given this, the merger is still on and we are still working together. Just guessing here. My guess...

MWC adds and CUSA adds all holding a press conference the same day is definitely evidence we are still working together to be sure.

Ok, USU fans are reporting a presser this Friday (rumor). Others have Friday as well. Given this, the merger is still on and we are still working together. Just guessing here. My guess... 2013 (11 each side) Hawaii SJSU FS NV UNLV USU WYO CSt AF NM UTEP RICE UTSA UNT Tulane UAB USM Marshall ECU FIU La Tech Tulsa East v. West Championship 2014 (4-6 team pods) Hawaii SJSU FS NV UNLV USU WYO CSt AF NM UTEP UTSA RICE UNT Tulane La Tech USM Tulsa UAB Marshall ECU FIU UNCC ODU Write this down. Reddog told you! This is why we are seeing all the adds to CUSA side. The plan does not call for any more adds from the MWC side as UTEP slides over in 2013 and UTSA in 2014.

I think your right but I switched USM and UAB to make each division more regional.

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

+1. Glad the new Spartan crowd has some logical fans. Welcome to the conference.

Thank's. I've always been against the greedy Super Wal-Mart approach to life. Bigger is not necessarily better!

Maybe the schools are being invited to CUSA because we are all about to be playing football under the CUSA banner. 24 for football 4 six school pods..

Both conferences remain separate for all other sports...hmmmm..

This is exactly what I've been thinking will happen.

I'm sure a total merger won't happen - at least not in the next few years - so mwc dumping football and all going to CUSA as football only seems to be the next best step.

~ FF

Ok, USU fans are reporting a presser this Friday (rumor). Others have Friday as well. Given this, the merger is still on and we are still working together. Just guessing here. My guess...

2013 (11 each side)

Hawaii

SJSU

FS

NV

UNLV

USU

WYO

CSt

AF

NM

UTEP

RICE

UTSA

UNT

Tulane

UAB

USM

Marshall

ECU

FIU

La Tech

Tulsa

East v. West Championship

2014 (4-6 team pods)

Hawaii

SJSU

FS

NV

UNLV

USU

WYO

CSt

AF

NM

UTEP

UTSA

RICE

UNT

Tulane

La Tech

UAB

Tulsa

USM

Marshall

ECU

FIU

UNCC

ODU

Write this down. Reddog told you! This is why we are seeing all the adds to CUSA side. The plan does not call for any more adds from the MWC side as UTEP slides over in 2013 and UTSA in 2014.

I could live with that if there are few cross over to the far east games............let the west play west & east play east and winners meet at the end.

MWC adds and CUSA adds all holding a press conference the same day is definitely evidence we are still working together to be sure.

I think the MWC & CUSA are working together as allies...........in this dog eat dog college conference atmosphere, it makes a bit of sense to form one trustworthy alliance.

Who knows where scheduling will go if the E5 opt to play mainly themselves.............see Utah & the PAC-B10 mtachup deal, plus more in conference games.

There might be fewer options outside of the conferences as time goes on............so why not have a working arraingement between 24 teams for ease of scheduling.

This is the area that might force BYU's hand and have them re-think perhaps joining the BE..........especially if the WAC FB goes down..............not many late October/November games available w/o conference ties.