Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HawkeyeCoug

Ranking the MWC

2-4 vs 3-3.

We've beat much better teams and have a big road win... If UNLV continued to play like they did against Utah, I would rank them aboove us in a heart beat.

Utah has won 2 in a row, UNLV has lost 2...

When you get smoked by 27 and shut out, there is no reasonable justification available to rank Utah higher then UNLV other then pure delusion.

1. BYU-until they loose they will always be on top this year.

2. Wyoming-They looked good tonight, they actually played more then 2 quarters of football. Still TCU's offense even with Brwon is not that great even though i expected them to be I have to admit, and they gave Wyoming a close one. what happens when Wyoming actually faces a good offense like BYU or NM only time will tell.?

3. NM-could be second place only time will tell.

4. Utah-if they are on their manic stage of their current bipolar disorder. If they are on theri epressive stage they are 6th.

5. TCU-Blake will not go to the NFL he is a head case and it has spread to TCU's defense and without a defense TCU is in trouble.

6. AFA-Navy? Well one can say the same for BYU and tulsa right?

7. UNLV-They are either 76th or 8th. i think they could drop it to SDSU.

8. SDSU-Well at least you aren't at the bottom.

9. CSU-What do you expect? Heads need to roll, you have the talent to be at least middle of the road this year.

When you get smoked by 27 and shut out, there is no reasonable justification available to rank Utah higher then UNLV other then pure delusion.

So I guess we just stop the report card at that loss for Utah.. What was I thinking? So if UNLV goes 2-10 and Utah goes 9-3, it doesn't matter.. Everying is based off that one game right?

Solid logic... In that case, Boise sucks.. They got blown out by Washington and have NEVER beat a BCS team on the road...

I have some discounted Enron stock to sale you too..

So I guess we just stop the report card at that loss for Utah.. What was I thinking? So if UNLV goes 2-10 and Utah goes 9-3, it doesn't matter.. Everying is based off that one game right?

Solid logic... In that case, Boise sucks.. They got blown out by Washington and have NEVER beat a BCS team on the road...

Utah isnt 9-3 they are 3-3 with a competitve game agaisnt USU. :lol:

You dont see me trying to justify BSU better then UW, I will leave the delusional rantings of stupid fans to the Utah contigent.

36-3

I'll focus on who looks most likely to go bowling this year...

Bowling Pool

AFA and Wyoming have won enough games to be in good shape.

BYU and AFA have strong conference leading records.

UNM and Utah have shown a lot of promise.

AFA is already 3-1 in league and they've already faced the pre-season favorites BYU, TCU and Utah. Even if they go 2-2 down the stretch against, they'll finish 5-3...so Look for the Falcons to beat Army, maybe beat ND, and be in the bowl hunt this year.

Even though they're mistake prone, Wyoming has also put itself in a good position to bowl by winning games. If they can get by UNM this next week, I'd pencil them in as a likely bowl team.

UNM shows promise...they need to beat Wyoming this week to stay in the hunt.

TCU and CSU seem snakebit. CSU is lost, and TCU can't afford to lose another league game.

UNLV and SDSU show both bright and dreary...both have league wins so they're not out yet.

Utah looks both like the worst and the best team in league at times...but at 0-2 in league they're going to have to finish 4-2 or 5-1 at least to be bowling.

BYU's 2-0 start with the 'soft' part of their schedule (@UNLV, Eastern Washington, @SDSU) coming up seems to bode well, but they'll have a tough November finish (CSU, TCU, @WYO, Utah)...but 3 of those games are at home. If they can go 3-0 in October they'll be 6-3 and in good shape.

Quite a situation.

Go Cougars

1. Wyoming -- Get the big win over TCU, only one loss, should be ranked.
  2. BYU -- Playing well, but still have holes.
  3. New Mexico -- I still think they are a really good team.
  4. Utah -- Out of the conference race, but playing extremely well OOC, and thus the bump.
  5. TCU -- Two losses really hurts them in the race, but none were at home.
  6. Air Force -- Playing well, but can't move them up too high due to the Navy loss.
  7. UNLV -- Loss on the road is not terrible, but they need to learn to win. Still think they need a different coach.
  8. SDSU -- Congrats on a conference win on the road.
  9. CSU -- Looks like it is time for change. Perhaps not the HC yet, but certainly some heads need to roll.
Go Cougs!!!!!!!!

1. Wyoming -- shows how hard it is to get noticed by voters playing in this conference

2. BYU -- 1st place in the conference and conference victories matter more then OOC in this poll, imo Two conference wins are against teams with good chances to go bowling.

3. New Mexico -- Good team. Tough for anyone in the conference to beat.

4. Air Force -- 3 conference victories and with the remaining schedule 7+ wins is very likely. Looks like Air Force goes bowling this year.

5. UNLV -- 2-4 overall but still 1-1 in conference, with that huge win over Utah. Won't be going to a bowl, however.

6. TCU -- 1-2 in conference and will probably finish 5-3 or 4-4 in conference. Interesting to see who gets those bowl bids between UNM,AFA, TCU, BYU, Wyo and Utah. One or two eligible teams is going to get shut out.

7. Utah -- Like having a bipolar sibling in your house. Scary. You never know what mood they are going to be in. Seriously Utah is a scary team to play. If you get their best shot, you are probably going to lose. Still 0-2 in conference and a longshot to win it outright.

8. SDSU -- If they beat Utah next week, their season becomes interesting. But I think too many tough teams left to really do much.

9. CSU -- Just when you thought the bleeding was about to stop, they show you just how far they have dropped.

Utah isnt 9-3 they are 3-3 with a competitve game agaisnt USU. :lol:

You dont see me trying to justify BSU better then UW, I will leave the delusional rantings of stupid fans to the Utah contigent.

36-3

It is called a hypothetical you moron. He took your logic, applied it to a hypothetical situation and the hypothetical situation revealed that your logic isn't sound and that you are an idiot.

To recap, Natty was arguing that the rest of Utah's schedule and the rest of UNLV's schedule is evidence that Utah is better, despite their loss to UNLV. You said that you can't put Utah ahead of UNLV because UNLV beat Utah. Natty applied that logic to an even more extreme situation than actually exists to show just how flawed your premise was. Are all Bronco fans as stupid as you?

Lemme take off my brown shades with the gold trim....

Top Three in Order - Utah, BYU and Wyo

Actually I have BYU and Wyo even, I'd like to see the Pokes really put away a quality team, they has a chance against TCU, but let them back in the game in the 4th quarter, in Laramie no less. I think the UTAH team tat we saw against UCLA and Louisville is the Utah we will see the rest of the year. Pokes toughest games left are at UTAH followed by BYU at Laramie. Pokes would move to #1 if they can soundly beat NM next week.

TCU then NM - Might change after nest weeks game against the Pokes.

Air Force -- Could move up, but I just do not see them beating the Pokes, Breske seems to have their #

]UNLV / CSU Bring up the rear

GEAUX POKES

and the Aztecs.....?

Lemme take off my brown shades with the gold trim....

Top Three in Order - Utah, BYU and Wyo

Actually I have BYU and Wyo even, I'd like to see the Pokes really put away a quality team, they has a chance against TCU, but let them back in the game in the 4th quarter, in Laramie no less. I think the UTAH team tat we saw against UCLA and Louisville is the Utah we will see the rest of the year. Pokes toughest games left are at UTAH followed by BYU at Laramie. Pokes would move to #1 if they can soundly beat NM next week.

TCU then NM - Might change after nest weeks game against the Pokes.

Air Force -- Could move up, but I just do not see them beating the Pokes, Breske seems to have their #

]UNLV / CSU Bring up the rear

GEAUX POKES

nXlmx.gif

Back to Back Mountain West Tourney Champs

2. Wyoming-They looked good tonight, they actually played more then 2 quarters of football. Still TCU's offense even with Brwon is not that great even though i expected them to be I have to admit, and they gave Wyoming a close one. what happens when Wyoming actually faces a good offense like BYU or NM only time will tell.?

4. Utah-if they are on their manic stage of their current bipolar disorder. If they are on theri epressive stage they are 6th.

5. TCU-Blake will not go to the NFL he is a head case and it has spread to TCU's defense and without a defense TCU is in trouble.

9. CSU-What do you expect? Heads need to roll, you have the talent to be at least middle of the road this year.

I agree with the top part of this. BYU is the defending champ. They sit alone at 2-0 in conference. All right, very few teams have played two conference games. They are certainly vulnerable, and may very well lose a game or two, but in the MWC they haven't yet. I was hoping that UNLV would beat AFA so that the Rebels could be the next great thing coming along in the conference for BYU to beat.

Anyway, I'll be there, I suppose sitting amid a bunch of Rebel fans. I bought my tickets on e-bay. They appear to be on about the 40. We're old, any danger of getting beat up if we are in the middle of enemy territory? Actually I've been to several gamesin Vegas, both football and basketball, and have been treated very well.

GO COUGARS!

Wyoming is a pretty good team, but BYU has way more talent.

Ask UVA what their superior talent got them against the Pokes. I have no problem with you putting BYU ahead of my beloved Pokes, but to make statements like that is retarded. Wyoming always does more with less, they are Cowboy tough!

"They're a bunch of jealous little dicks who use the anonymity of the internet to insult people who're doing what they wish they were doing." ~ Holden McNeil

Here's my take:

1. BYU - Quality road conference win (always tough to come by) at UNM and they haven't lost a MWC game since 2005. Easy pick for #1 at this point.

2. Wyoming - So many holes on this team, but 4-1 is 4-1.

3. UNM - Huge game coming up this week in Laramie. Winner will be a clear #2 at this point.

4. AFA - 3-1 in the MWC. That win in SLC is going to look better and better as the season goes on.

5. TCU - I know everyone is down on TCU right now, but the Frogs will be very dangerous from here on out. Their losses were @UT (understandable), and 2 road games at over 6500' in relatively unfavorable situations (trap game @AFA when the Frogs were coming off an emotional game @UT and facing a Wyoming team coming off a bye week).

6. Utah - I will say the same thing I say every week about the Utes...I have no idea what to make of this team.

7. UNLV - Yeah, probably should be ahead of Utah, but......

8. SDSU - 1-0 in the MWC

9. CSU - no comment

Ask UVA what their superior talent got them against the Pokes. I have no problem with you putting BYU ahead of my beloved Pokes, but to make statements like that is retarded. Wyoming always does more with less, they are Cowboy tough!

Truthfully, we like to say things like "our players are tougher" or whatever, but that sort of does a disservice to the quality of player on this Wyoming team. The reality is that Wyoming has a lot of talent. Watch the Wyoming LB corps or the RB tandem of Seldon/Moore. That's not toughness you see, that's speed and athleticism. BYU may indeed have more talent, but they may have more talent that almost anyone else in the MWC.

I have given the Pokes alot of crap this year, and may have been wrong about most of it.

If the Pokes running game can run against BYU the way they did against TCU then the Cowboys will win that game.

1. BYU/Wyoming - Both teams should be bowl elegible by the end of the month. BYU's schedule for october is cake. Wyoming may have a tough game at the AFA. I think they win their games at home.

3. Utah - I think they are for the most part on track, but they will probably slip up again. I see them bowling at the end of the year.

4. UNM - If they could beat Wyoming would really shake things up. They have a balanced offense so maybe they can get it done.

5. TCU - In my opinion needs a new OC. They really need to beat stanford to give themselves and the conference a little bit of credibility.

6. AFA - Should pick up a win against CSU. Looks like a 7-5 year. Maybe more if they can steal a game or two. Seven wins will send a service academy bowling.

7. SDSU - Has less losses than UNLV

8. UNLV - Still has some work to do.

9. CSU - The CSU fans said that the players have given up and it sure looks that way. They have that losing mentallity. It is kinda sad because there is plenty of talent. Look for CSU to still win a couple games and those wins may play a huge factor in the MWC race.

CVEcMlXUEAAtMZW.png

Just a note- Wyoming did play what I consider a good offense, BSU. They did lose, but played respectably. Now, they did they same last year and got destroyed at BYU. However, they were also destroyed at TCU last year. Wyoming can beat any team in the conference. That doesn't mean that they will, but they can, especially in Laramie. Their defense is good, and it seems clear that the running game is for real after the TCU game.

Washington did not blow out BSU. BSU out gained UW. They lost due to penalties, Turnovers in the redzone and one of the loudest crowds in CFB. I really do hate making excuses, but to say BSU got blown out is very inaccurate.

As of right now here is my ranking: .

1. Wyoming

2. BYU

3. UNM

4. AFA.

5. TCU

6. Utah

7. UNLV

8. SDSU

9. CSU

JMHO

Washington did not blow out BSU. BSU out gained UW. They lost due to penalties, Turnovers in the redzone and one of the loudest crowds in CFB. I really do hate making excuses, but to say BSU got blown out is very inaccurate.

24-10 looks like a solid beating to me.. But looking deeper into the numbers, it looks like you did lose the turnover battle and had more penalties..

Most of that fire was directed to Bluerules, BTW.

Normally after everyone has played 5-6 games you have a good feel for "who is who" but, I don't think this is a normal year... I don't have a lot of confidence in my rankings but here I go.

1. BYU: Went back and forth with Wyo but I think the UNM win @ Albuquerque is the "best" conference win by a MWC team and they handled AFA.

2. WYO: Overall their resume is better than BYU's but, I think @UNM is a better conference win than TCU@home.

3. UNM: I can't help but feel they "let BYU off the hook" 0-1 is 0-1 but they have the tools to beat anyone in the league...

4. AFA: On the strength of being 3-1 with wins over Utah and TCU but, if they slide late I will not be surprised.

5. TCU: 1-2 is 1-2 and they are in deep trouble, getting run over by Wyo is a sign that they can't win with the "TCU recipe" I thought they could. Still the pieces are there for a run.

6. Utah: 0-2 with trips to TCU and BYU puts the Utes almost out of the MWC race but, like TCU they have the pieces for a run. Utah can beat anyone in this league... they can also lose to anyone in this league. Utah will ruin someones dream of a MWC title.

7. UNLV: I have a hard time putting the Rebels behind Utah but honestly if the Rebs played the Utes next week what would the Vegas line be? If UNLV had nipped AFA last night I would swap them with where I have AFA.

8. SDSU: Still not enough data... they are young enough that they could make a surge up the standings.

9. CSU: I am really surprised because I thought they would bounce back this year and they don't look THAT bad when you watch them but, I think the 12 game losing streak is deep, deep in their heads.

Guest ragtimeJOE

Normally after everyone has played 5-6 games you have a good feel for "who is who" but, I don't think this is a normal year... I don't have a lot of confidence in my rankings but here I go.

1. BYU: Went back and forth with Wyo but I think the UNM win @ Albuquerque is the "best" conference win by a MWC team and they handled AFA.

2. WYO: Overall their resume is better than BYU's but, I think @UNM is a better conference win than TCU@home.

3. UNM: I can't help but feel they "let BYU off the hook" 0-1 is 0-1 but they have the tools to beat anyone in the league...

4. AFA: On the strength of being 3-1 with wins over Utah and TCU but, if they slide late I will not be surprised.

5. TCU: 1-2 is 1-2 and they are in deep trouble, getting run over by Wyo is a sign that they can't win with the "TCU recipe" I thought they could. Still the pieces are there for a run.

6. Utah: 0-2 with trips to TCU and BYU puts the Utes almost out of the MWC race but, like TCU they have the pieces for a run. Utah can beat anyone in this league... they can also lose to anyone in this league. Utah will ruin someones dream of a MWC title.

7. UNLV: I have a hard time putting the Rebels behind Utah but honestly if the Rebs played the Utes next week what would the Vegas line be? If UNLV had nipped AFA last night I would swap them with where I have AFA.

8. SDSU: Still not enough data... they are young enough that they could make a surge up the standings.

9. CSU: I am really surprised because I thought they would bounce back this year and they don't look THAT bad when you watch them but, I think the 12 game losing streak is deep, deep in their heads.

Pretty solid IMO. For rankings right now I wouldn't have a problem with either WYO or the kitties in 1st. I think one could make a pretty good case either way.

On a different note, I thought the wac offs were here to get even with Utenation for something from 2 years ago. In the meantime, they usually take every chance to try to run the MWC down or the tv deal under the guise that they only respond to posts about bsu or the wac. Now they get involved in these types of threads :blink: For such a $hitty conference (as you usually put it regarding the MWC), you wac offs seem to be pretty big fans.

24-10 looks like a solid beating to me.. But looking deeper into the numbers, it looks like you did lose the turnover battle and had more penalties..

Most of that fire was directed to Bluerules, BTW.

24-10 is a solid win, but 27-0 can be discounted as an aberation?

Reality and utenation are mutually exclusive. :lol:

HA!HA!HA!HA!HA! :lol: