Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gofrogs152

Congrats Pokes

TCU found confirmed who the QB is today. Any Dalton will only get better and he played pretty good today. We need more depth and tailback and we need to get Dalton as many snaps as possible this year, preparing for next year. We were by far the most effective today when Dalton was in the game.

I agree about Dalton. I think he is the better QB for TCU. He did some nice things yesterday. Heading into the game, I honestly expected Wyoming's defense to effectively shut down TCU.

TCU has a lot of studs and will still make some noise in the MWC. Wyoming's special teams reared its ugly head again and have been a concern. Pokes need to shore up that area if they want to contend for a title.

[quote name='WYOPOKESFAN

what was the attendance?

Houston Chronicle is reporting that the attendance was only 23,000.

Somewhat surprising or did the Chronicle screw up again? :huh:

23,000 isn't bad considering hunting season has started in Wyoming. Also, 23,000 represents four percent of Wyoming's whole population. No other MWC school draws that kind of support in their respective states...

PokeNation: Internet Society of Wyoming fans everywhere

Last night I forgot to say something:

Congrats Pokes. You won the game far and square.

You'll see a lot of Frog fans complaining amongst ourselves about TCU offensive play calling in key situations, those 3 DPIs on the one drive and why the h*ll we don't have a capable back-up for Aaron Brown. But ultimately you guys won because we couldn't sop your two running backs. In TCU terms that means we got "whupped" becuase you ran right at what has historically been our strength and beat us with it. No one can deny that.

Nice win.

"If you can't answer a man's argument all is not lost you can still call him vile names" Elbert Hubbard.

23,000 isn't bad considering hunting season has started in Wyoming. Also, 23,000 represents four percent of Wyoming's whole population. No other MWC school draws that kind of support in their respective states...

Also, the northwest part (about half) of Wyoming was having some nasty (snow, rain, wind) weather. I drove home in snow for about half of the way. I got my hunting in earlier in the week and still made the game despite near pneumonia. The family (4) that sits next to us in the stadium, are from Cody (that is about 400 miles from Laramie for those that don't know Wyoming). They have not missed any games for years that I know of, but they didn't make it yesterday.

Even Tracy Ringolsby was at the game. Anyone who follows the Colorado Rockies knows who he is. He sits in the press boxes at the Rockies games and the Rockies played in a Divisional series last night and Tracy was there.

" I believe that forgiving them is God's function.

OUR job is to arrange the meeting. " - General Schwarzkopf

Good game Pokes, I just got back to Fort Worth from a great weekend roadtrip. I made the drive from Fort Worth up to the Denver area on Thursday and then drove up to the game on Saturday morning. It was not my first time to Laramie, but my first time to see a game in the War. I really enjoyed the atmosphere at the game, although the facility itself needs some work (although I am sure almost all Wyoming fans would agree with me on this point). Most of the Wyoming fans were really friendly, but a few of the students were a-holes but there are a-hole fans at every school.

I knew Wyoming would be a tough test for the frogs, and I don't think TCU did all that bad considering where the team has been this year. The offense struggled at times, but Wyoming is no pushover on defense. Turnovers hurt TCU, just like turnovers hurt Wyoming the last two years. I am proud of the TCU players for sticking with it and making it a game at the end. They could have easily hung their head and let Wyoming score 14 more points in the 4th quarter.

LR5h5.St.58.jpg

I sure would have liked to have been at this game. It sounded like it was very entertaining. Congrats to the Cowboys on the win and best of luck for the rest of the year. See ya next year in Ft. Worth.

I spent some time talking with some of the TCU fans that made the trip. Great people. Made me happy you guys are in the conference. The fans make it more than anything in my opinion and your fans were spot on.

Good luck the rest of the year.

The World Needs More Cowboys!