Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

MWCboard Guess the Score - Week 1

Done!

Yep that's what you do. I deleted your original entry.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Yes it is....

as it states in my OP

Thanks mug

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

Thanks mug

:thumbsup:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Mahalo Tang, I'm in. You'll see me on the bottom of the standing until my rankulator kicks in with enough data. :o

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Mahalo Tang, I'm in. You'll see me on the bottom of the standing until my rankulator kicks in with enough data. :o

No problem.

I thought you used the last couple of games from the previous season to help at the beginning of the new season.

No problem.

I thought you used the last couple of games from the previous season to help at the beginning of the new season.

If you don't mind, can I do a second account just for the rankulator? I'd like to see how everyone does against the rankulator. One will be my picks and the other the rankulator.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

If you don't mind, can I do a second account just for the rankulator? I'd like to see how everyone does against the rankulator. One will be my picks and the other the rankulator.

Not a problem. Just call it "rankulator" under the member name. And if it wins it doesn't count.

Not a problem. Just call it "rankulator" under the member name. And if it wins it doe

Mahalo!

Well ladies and gents we are getting close to that time of the year. For those who are new here every year we run a game called guess the score. We do this for all games involving MWC teams. What you do is try to guess the winner and the margin of victory. The first game of the year is Boise vs Ole Miss. Let's say you think Ole Miss is going to win by 10. If the final score ends up being Boise State 35 Ole Miss 30 you would receive 15 points (10 points for your victor & margin of victory guess and the actual margin of victory). If you had guessed Boise by 10 you would only receive 5 points. The goal of the game is to have the lowest score at the end of the year. The scores are cumulative. I will drop your 3 lowest scores. You can miss the maximum of 3 weeks. A missed week will count as one of your dropped scores.

Your picks must be in by kickoff of the first game. Here's the catch this year, I have set up a survey via Google Docs to collect the data. It will make gathering the data and scoring a lot easier. All the scores are time stamped so anything submitted after kickoff of the first game of the week. I have set it up where you will select the winner then select the margin of victory. Home teams will always be the second choice. The first question will always be to enter your username. Please make sure you use the same one every week. Here's a list of the week one games -

Boise State @ Ole Miss

North Dakota @ SJSU

Colorado State @ Colorado

UNLV @ Arizona

Southern Utah @ Nevada

Nicholls State @ Air Force

Montana @ Wyoming

NAU @ SDSU

Fresno State @ USC

UTEP @ New Mexico

Washington @ Hawaii

Utah State @ Tennessee

Here's a link for you to enter your guesses, if you have questions let me know.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1i1LuVWtnzit8aZwpBdK3r8V5P3EPQ3GHjUXlUvPtaiY/viewform?usp=send_form

Here are the responses -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O1rJpXGxeS19b-0fJ0E2078sX1nEsB5kZxoADh87F4Q/edit?usp=sharing

Are home teams the bottom team

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Are home teams the bottom team

Yes

Do we have a preseason rankulator

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Do we have a preseason rankulator

Yes, everyone in D-1 is ranked at # 1.

Not a problem. Just call it "rankulator" under the member name. And if it wins it doesn't count.

Too bad vegas doesn't make lines for each game, it would be interesting to see how they did, too.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Too bad vegas doesn't make lines for each game, it would be interesting to see how they did, too.

It's usually only FBS vs FBS teams right?

Just a reminder to get your picks in before kickoff on Thursday as submissions made after that are disqualified.  Also please check the original post for the link to the submissions and double check yours.

And a couple of you put in usernames I'm not familiar with.  For example Robe it appears you entered yours as "Rube" just wanted to make sure this was intentional.

Yes sorry I don't mind being rube every week if that is easier for you.

No I can change it to robe. Just wanted to make sure it was an accident.