Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

MWCboard Guess the Score - Week 1

I've always just made my picks and hoped for the best.  Certain I'll do the same this year, but just for clarification, can I get back into the form and change stuff before the games start?  For example...If I make my picks on Thursday, and Chuckie tears his ACL on Friday, can I change my pick and margin to Boise by a bunch before the first game kicks off?

Just resubmit your picks and I'll use the one with the latest time stamp.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Can I change my time stamp to not be after the game is over? ;)

Lol.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Happy or Ian will you please pin this thread?

Can I change my time stamp to not be after the game is over? ;)

If you can, will you please PM me how.  We could make everyone think we're smart.

I will take a look at this after the morning meetings ... thanks for the ability to change one's mind before the first kick-off.  Depending on how I'm feeling after the Monday meetings, I may be generous with my point spread or negative with my picks, the ability to take a look and make some picks based on gut or instinct is good -- the ability to think about it and make adjustments is awesome!

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

Thanks for setting this up, mug! Now all of you can bask in my Nostradamus-esque vision  :P

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

So I averaged everything for each team to see how the board in general feels about all these teams. I averaged how much each board thought a certain team would win by. Then I summed up the margins from each team and subtracted the smaller sum from the larger in the game they applied to and averaged that (to give what I felt was the overall margin from all posters from  each game). For example (because I feel like that was a load gibberish and garbage) I'll use the USU @Tenn game: Average USU margin - 4.55; Average Tenn margin - 9.93; Overall margin Tenn - 4.02. After doing all this I found... HAPPY CAMPER IS AN IDIOT FOR PICKING HAWAII TO WIN BY 30 OVER WASHINGTON  :P 

Great job.

Now as a self- proclaimed Excel geek, give me the 411 on how you did this in Google Spreadsheets.

PM me.

So I averaged everything for each team to see how the board in general feels about all these teams. I averaged how much each board thought a certain team would win by. Then I summed up the margins from each team and subtracted the smaller sum from the larger in the game they applied to and averaged that (to give what I felt was the overall margin from all posters from  each game). For example (because I feel like that was a load gibberish and garbage) I'll use the USU @Tenn game: Average USU margin - 4.55; Average Tenn margin - 9.93; Overall margin Tenn - 4.02. After doing all this I found... HAPPY CAMPER IS AN IDIOT FOR PICKING HAWAII TO WIN BY 30 OVER WASHINGTON  :P 

HA! thanks for the catch. 

... How do I edit that to Washington?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On the form, is the home team always listed on the bottom? (I probably should've taken the time to check to see if this was the case)

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

On the form, is the home team always listed on the bottom? (I probably should've taken the time to check to see if this was the case)

Yes it is....

as it states in my OP

I think you just do another one and mug will update with the latest timestamp.

Done!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.