Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

Attendance: Week 11

Yep, I called over 40k before the season. We may come in just shy of that because CSU Fresno stinks so bad though.

If we can win the next two, or even split, I think the Fresno game will still have interest. Even if they are as bad as New Mexico.

nXlmx.gif

Back to Back Mountain West Tourney Champs

It's $925 plus the cost of tickets.

Just looked at Bronco Sports, that's the price for this season- $1314/ six home games or $219/ per seat/ per game. Just for sake of comparison- Alabama, same seats, works out to about $240/ seat/ game. I'd say BSU's prime seats are priced fairly close to the edge of the market envelope. Not sure how many seats it represents, but let's just say it's about 2000. If they were to push that yield from $219 to $225, that's $72,000 in additional annual revenue on those seats alone.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Listen asshat. Wyoming's fanbase goes well beyond Laramie and in fact goes into northern Colorado, western Nebraska and southeastern South Dakota. They do have a pretty big fanbase. I do not expect people from Green River or Cody to make a trip to every game but in case you haven't noticed the Cowboys are pretty good this year. They should fill The War completely full.

Colorado State is having a piss poor year and they are still beating you in attendance. That alone should motivate people to go to Laramie on Saturday.

There were at least 2,000 Wyo fans at the game and filled two whole sections. Air Force fans did not show due to the miserable conditions. I have pics of the Wyomning faithful and the empty stands above the cadets and Wyp fans. The whole center section (50-yard line) on the East side was empty.

2878391150048281501S425x425Q85.jpg

Wyo fans start on the lower right

I spent the first 25 years of my life trying to leave Wyoming and I'll spend the rest of my life trying to get back...

oxbow_fall_2010-1.jpg

Third section was to the left of these two was ay least 1/2 full of poke fans, plus hundreds dotting the rest of the stadium. There were at least twenty around me.

I spent the first 25 years of my life trying to leave Wyoming and I'll spend the rest of my life trying to get back...

oxbow_fall_2010-1.jpg

There's already 50k tickets out for the BSU @ SDSU game. I expect a big walkup so we may set a season high this week.

Just tried ticketmaster, best available for 2 tix View 37 Row 17.

nXlmx.gif

Just tried ticketmaster, best available for 2 tix View 37 Row 17.

Damn! :blink: I know for the Sky Show you could still get at least Club tix the week of.

*edit* Wow! The best available single ticket was Club 32. The SDSU record could fall this Saturday.

Damn! :blink: I know for the Sky Show you could still get at least Club tix the week of.

*edit* Wow! The best available single ticket was Club 32. The SDSU record could fall this Saturday.

It is just too bad that the Aztecs didn't hold up their end and make this a true second place game for the MWC.

It is just too bad that the Aztecs didn't hold up their end and make this a true second place game for the MWC.

Not sure what yer getting at, other than your usual swipe. Winner of this game, probably finishes second.

nXlmx.gif

I'm just saying if the Aztecs could have defeated Wyoming, the winner would have second all to themselves.

And if TCU wouldn't have lost to SMU, they'd probably be going to a BCS game. Ok, now I see how this works.

nXlmx.gif

And if TCU wouldn't have lost to SMU, they'd probably be going to a BCS game. Ok, now I see how this works.

You might be right, but I am pretty satisfied with what the Frogs have done within the limitations of playing in this conference. We are looking at TCU's third straight undefeated run through the Mountain West and this senior class has only one conference loss in their time at TCU, and most of them weren't contributing much when it happened.

You might be right, but I am pretty satisfied with what the Frogs have done within the limitations of playing in this conference. We are looking at TCU's third straight undefeated run through the Mountain West and this senior class has only one conference loss in their time at TCU, and most of them weren't contributing much when it happened.

You missed my point. Sometimes you don't win every game. Even the ones you maybe should. "Too bad" indeed.

nXlmx.gif

uh TCU hasn't quite beat CSU & UNLV yet last I looked.

I guess we'll see how the "limitations" of being in the B12 work out for TCU getting to a BCS bowl again. If TCU could get to a bcs bowl with 2 losses this year, in the B12 they would have virtually no chance with 2 losses.

uh TCU hasn't quite beat CSU & UNLV yet last I looked.

I guess we'll see how the "limitations" of being in the B12 work out for TCU getting to a BCS bowl again. If TCU could get to a bcs bowl with 2 losses this year, in the B12 they would have virtually no chance with 2 losses.

Virtually no shot? There have been 6 Big 12 teams go to the BCS with 2 losses and another one went with 3 losses.