Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pioneer

ND to ACC

link... http://sports.yahoo....ove-to-acc.html

Scheduling.

Athletic director Jack Swarbrick huddled over and over with his staff and tried to play out how the Irish would fill out their 12-game schedule in the years and decades to come, a Notre Dame source said.

Football scheduling issues were Jack Swarbrick's push for the Irish to join the ACC . (AP) That, more than any other factor, led to Wednesday's announcement that Notre Dame would join the ACC in all sports except football, according to the source. The agreement stipulates Notre Dame plays five football games per year against ACC opponents, but not compete for the league title and play eight games, as a full member would. That provides the Irish with the firm scheduling base it coveted while maintaining the freedom to maintain a national schedule.

Could they not have made the same agreement with the Big East if scheduling was the only reason? They obviously wanted no part of Big East football and chose to schedule with another conference and move their olympic sports out.

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a multi-phase move. All sports except football until their TV contract runs out, then FB moves to the ACC as well.

Either way, I think ND is more stable affiliated with the ACC than the BE (and no, thats not a dig on anyone).

Have to agree

Now seeing info that the move by ND was not done for financial reasons

aka...stability

One of the Final Five..........

Wouldn't be surprised if this is a multi-phase move. All sports except football until their TV contract runs out, then FB moves to the ACC as well.

Either way, I think ND is more stable affiliated with the ACC than the BE (and no, thats not a dig on anyone).

Agree.

What a tool, another one for the ignore list.

As a parting suggestion, you might try checking out some news sites rather than expecting everyone else to spoon feed you. How tiresome

Serious question, if you have everyone on ignore, what's the point in visiting the board? You can't read anything because you have "ignored" every poster here, except Hal.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Could they not have made the same agreement with the Big East if scheduling was the only reason? They obviously wanted no part of Big East football and chose to schedule with another conference and move their olympic sports out.

Obviously they see what everyone else does that the BE is not stable.

No one outside of the Big4 is stable though. All the ACC is the best of the rest.

That is why the Big East just got closer to adding BYU as the 14th member.

Hardly. The BE has been after BYU forever and the Borg hasn't joined. If anything, this makes BYU even less likely to be interested.

Boom goes the dynamite.

You haven't been able to substantiate anything you've said. Well, it didn't take long to show your claim that ND agreed to suspend games vs BC following the 2010 season wasn't accurate. Wait, let me guess, that was a back room hand shake. Right bud?

Oh, and here's a link to support that:

http://www.fbschedul...ll-schedule.php

Sure I'm skeptical at your claims, because they can't be backed up. If it doesn't take long, then won't be much trouble for you to provide.

The quote was from 2005, you phucking tool. The relevant part was that Notre Dame had announced a scheduling arrangement with the Big East. And if you recall, I had stated that ND hadn't really held up their end of the scheduling arrangement.

:rolleyes:

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Serious question, if you have everyone on ignore, what's the point in visiting the board? You can't read anything because you have "ignored" every poster here, except Hal.

Not everyone is on ignore.

Just the ones I find tiresome and not worth reading, including Hal. most of the BSU contingent went on the ignore the past few days.

And I have to say it has been much, much nicer. There have been numerous threads discussing sports without any flames or BS. Just needed to prune out those who offer nothing but fighting.

I wonder if AztecMD is really a doc?

Scary...

Fletch.jpg

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Not everyone is on ignore.

Just the ones I find tiresome and not worth reading, including Hal. most of the BSU contingent went on the ignore the past few days.

And I have to say it has been much, much nicer. There have been numerous threads discussing sports without any flames or BS. Just needed to prune out those who offer nothing but fighting.

You're not gonna ignore me, are you?

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Obviously they see what everyone else does that the BE is not stable.

Which usually doesn't translate to a company throwing billions of dollars at you....

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Could they not have made the same agreement with the Big East?

Of course. But I think even the most hardcore supporters of the nBE will tell you that the ACC carries more weight on a national scale, be that the perception is reality.

Which usually doesn't translate to a company throwing billions of dollars at you....

We'll see.

And it isn't like there are a lot of options.

The BE may turn around and raid the MWC so that isn't any better.