Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheRedMenace

Who fell off the national map faster?

Utah a few years back, Boise this year, or will it be Hawaii next year?

For all those peeps talking about conference expansion and the like. Funny Boise has just turned into another WAC school and Hawaii will be heading there very soon. Please stop with the expansion this conference really doesn't need any.

trm101.jpg?t=1279010041

For all those peeps talking about conference expansion and the like. Funny Boise has just turned into another WAC school and Hawaii will be heading there very soon. Please stop with the expansion this conference really doesn't need any.

Well, I agree with you regarding expansion (but it is part of the integral fabric of this board), but give Boise their due. They were not just a flash in the pan. The have won consistently for about a decade now under multiple coaches. They have dominated the WAC for the last 6 years or so and are a consistent top 25 team. Hawaii may be a bit of a flash in the pan (I predict Boise will return to the top of the WAC next year with FSU in 2nd), but BSU isn't falling off of the map. JMO.

The Mountain West Conference won't last another two years.

BYU and others are already planning their escape. Better hope your administration is smart enough to pay attention to what is happening.

BYU is leaving and so are others. Don't get left behind.

Fame is Fleeting............

What have you done for us lately syndrome.... plus Boise OOC scheduling is not helping them stay on that map....

Dirt Sorcerer

Utah. Without games on ESPN, none of the analyst can bring up the fact they were the first non-AQ team to play in a BCS bowl. The Boise game was so close and compelling that it's remembered as one of the great games of all time, but with a blowout loss, Hawaii could fall off easy.

Utah. Without games on ESPN, none of the analyst can bring up the fact they were the first non-AQ team to play in a BCS bowl. The Boise game was so close and compelling that it's remembered as one of the great games of all time, but with a blowout loss, Hawaii could fall off easy.

I agree, that Utah fell off the map faster than Boise did............Utah had a terrible matchup and was in a situation where if Utah won, the BCS could have said "they only beat a mid level BCS program" and if Utah had lost, the BCS would have said "Utah couldn't even beat a down BCS program...........so it left Utah in a situation where the win was sort of ho-hum and a loss would have given the BCS the ammo to really screw the have-nots.

Boise beat a better opponent in Oklahoma and BSU had to pull out every trick in the book to do it, which probably was the main reason this game got the attention it did.............it was as much circus as it was football game from the BSU side.

As for Hawaii, it will depend on how the game goes............a Hawaii blow out of Georgia could put Hawaii as the best non-BCS team.......Boise had to use every trick it could to squeak by OU & Utah just played a crap Pitt team....................a close win by Hawaii really changes nothing, as a close loss won't change anything.........Hawaii getting drilled might give the BCS some ammo for the money schools to protect their turf.

As of today, the BSU/OU game stands out just on theatrics and dramatics alone, and unless Hawaii does something dramatic it won't over take the BSU/OU game. The key thing is for Hawaii to win and make it 3-0 vs. the BCS.

How can Hawaii be a one hit wonder when it has a two year record of 23-3 with wins against Arizona St, Purdue and Washington during that span?

Did you say Utah is a sorry or storied program? Your storied program has a losing record against a soon to be storied program??? How can that be?

Arizona State 2006 Record 7-6 lost AT HAWAII.

Purdue Record 8-6 lost AT HAWAII

Washington Record 4-9 lost AT HAWAII

Come on, man, you need to bring more than these feeble attempts at proving Hawaii's greatness. I want to see them win the Sugar Bowl as much as anyone in a non-BC$ Conference, but Hawaii is a house of cards and Georgia is going to send them home with their tails between their legs.

And to answer your question, it's easy to be be 23-3 when you schedule only cupcake games, and any OOC team that is any good has to fly halfway around the globe to play you.

Long term. Look at the long term. When we talk about falling off the map, after all, we are talking about long term. Kentucky is having a rough year, for example, but you would be insane to suggest that they've fallen off the map. For you to discount Utah's history based on the short term exposes either your biased agenda or your ignorance. Which is it?

The Mountain West Conference won't last another two years.

BYU and others are already planning their escape. Better hope your administration is smart enough to pay attention to what is happening.

BYU is leaving and so are others. Don't get left behind.

Glad to hear you say that Robert.

I now know the MWC will last another 5 decades.

How can Hawaii be a one hit wonder when it has a two year record of 23-3 with wins against Arizona St, Purdue and Washington during that span?

Did you say Utah is a sorry or storied program? Your storied program has a losing record against a soon to be storied program??? How can that be?

Quick question. Who has Hawaii beat off the Island the last 7 or 8 years? What's their record against the BCS? How many times have they been ranked? You can keep your bag full of D1AA wins and 8 home games a year, only Hawaii fans respect that..

Playing Utah is only a priority for BSU, not the other way around. We've only played 6 times in 30 years.. BSU took a road game with Utah without a return favor until 2011.. It seems to me BSU will take any chance to be seen with MWC teams.. Meanwhile, Utah worries about beating BCS teams and trying to improve in conference.

BSU was a fraud this year and Hawaii is up soon.. All I can say is you better have your +++ here to eat your crow after the game.. You've been shoveling +++++ for too long now..

Quick question. Who has Hawaii beat off the Island the last 7 or 8 years? What's their record against the BCS? How many times have they been ranked? You can keep your bag full of D1AA wins and 8 home games a year, only Hawaii fans respect that..

Playing Utah is only a priority for BSU, not the other way around. We've only played 6 times in 30 years.. BSU took a road game with Utah without a return favor until 2011.. It seems to me BSU will take any chance to be seen with MWC teams.. Meanwhile, Utah worries about beating BCS teams and trying to improve in conference.

BSU was a fraud this year and Hawaii is up soon.. All I can say is you better have your +++ here to eat your crow after the game.. You've been shoveling +++++ for too long now..

Playing Utah is a priority for BSU?

You wish. Utah had their flash in the pan season, and have quickly gone right back to obscurity.

BSU is now the measuring stick for Utah. Forget the BCS, you can't even beat the top non-AQing teams.

Yep. Otherwise, why would they agree to basically a one and done road game at Utah? Utah would never do that with another Non AQ team.. I'm surprised Utah didn't offer BSU a 2(at RES) for 1... What part of your president groveling to get into our conference do you not get?

BSU is now the measuring stick for Utah. Forget the BCS, you can't even beat the top non-AQing teams.

We both know that's not true.. Utah could play 4 D1AA OOC teams and still not master the art of obtaining a 120 SOS, that art is saved for teams like BSU and Hawaii..

The gig is up in Boise this year.. The Cupcake Bakeoff ended with an oven fire and an ambulance ride..

You wish. Utah had their flash in the pan season, and have quickly gone right back to obscurity.

No, Utah is a measuring stick for all non-BCS.

Boise is not thought of as a power school in football. They are the proverbial underdog, the feel good story when they beat a big time school. They won

Yep. Otherwise, why would they agree to basically a one and done road game at Utah?

Because we had a MAC school back out on us at the last minute and scrambled to fill it with whatever schmuck team we could find and destroy? Utah fit that bill nicely. The fact that the second game in Boise isnt for another few years is irrelevant. Boise State would probably have settled for a one and done, but its much better to get the return trip to kick the pathetic Utes around yet again.

Utah would never do that with another Non AQ team.. I'm surprised Utah didn't offer BSU a 2(at RES) for 1... What part of your president groveling to get into our conference do you not get?

Funny you should bring that up. President Kustra clarified today on KTIK that he'd still love to get into Boise State into the MWC, but only if we can take ESPN with us. Without it, he wants nothing to do with the MWC.

No, Utah is a measuring stick for all non-BCS.

Get real.

Boise State has been D1-A for just over 10 years, and they've already surpassed anything Utah has done in its entire football history.

I'd be disappointed if Boise State were trying to emulate Utah in any way. With the exception of RES, our newest expansion looks strikingly similar to what Utah did. For that I give the Utes some Kudos.

Get real.

Boise State has been D1-A for just over 10 years, and they've already surpassed anything Utah has done in its entire football history...

OK let me help you guys out.

Boise AND Utah both have played in a BCS exhibition game... er bowl. So no, Boise has equaled Utah's accomplishment.

Neither school has a national championship in football. Both finished their season's undefeated. It does not matter who they beat in the BCS game only that they made it and won.

And before you start crowing Boise fan, there's been little mention of "the greatest college football game" this season in reference to the game. In time it will fade and another game will replace it as the greatest -- hell for some it happened when Appalachian St. beat Michigan earlier this year. Boise has not been talked about this bowl season but will be in the conversation come August.

Let's be real. Utah is mentioned as the best non-AQ team during their bowl game. Boise, probably got similar props. Even Wac fans agree that BYU will be in the BCS conversation come next season and that Hawaii likely will not because their OOC is so tough. But they'lll get love for this season.

Fresno is in the conversation. TCU is in the conversation. That's 3 teams per league folks.

In the rush to have the p---ing match, you guys have only managed to get your own pants legs soaked. Back away from the rhetoric boys.

Funny you should bring that up. President Kustra clarified today on KTIK that he'd still love to get into Boise State into the MWC, but only if we can take ESPN with us. Without it, he wants nothing to do with the MWC.

So what you're saying is you have a president that is waffling on his original claims? That sounds reassuring..<gulp> :blink:

Kinda like Saben was never going to take the 'Bama job, right?

We all know Kustra would give his left nut to get into the MWC no matter what our TV contract looked like.. Didn't Kustra also claim they were tired of being bullied around by ESPN this last summer?

It sounds like he needs to pick a stance to me..

So I guess I'm neither bias or ignorant in regards to Utah. I just don't see the HISTORY behind that program who has losing lifetime records to most of the old WAC schools.

I'm just going to go with completely clueless.. You seriously need to educate yourself before you spew anymore sewage..

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_i....php?confid=203

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_i....php?confid=130

Throw in a 25-8 record against UTEP and this pretty much sums up teams in question...

Yep. Otherwise, why would they agree to basically a one and done road game at Utah? Utah would never do that with another Non AQ team.. I'm surprised Utah didn't offer BSU a 2(at RES) for 1... What part of your president groveling to get into our conference do you not get?

We both know that's not true.. Utah could play 4 D1AA OOC teams and still not master the art of obtaining a 120 SOS, that art is saved for teams like BSU and Hawaii..

The gig is up in Boise this year.. The Cupcake Bakeoff ended with an oven fire and an ambulance ride..

your reaching Natalie...........