Warbow

Hawaii fires it's Basketball coach

What in the world is going on there. Keep the loser coach (Chow) and fire the guy who has the program on a winning track. Plans are to bring back Reilly Wallace for the remainer of the 2014-15 season.  

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20141028_Sources_Arnold_out_as_UH_basketball_coach.html?id=280710752

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Guest #1Stunner

What in the world is going on there. Keep the loser coach (Chow) and fire the guy who has the program on a winning track. Plans are to bring back Reilly Wallace for the remainer of the 2014-15 season.  

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20141028_Sources_Arnold_out_as_UH_basketball_coach.html?id=280710752

That's not cool.  Gib Arnold seemed like a good coach.  Did he really get in trouble with the NCAA?

It just tells me that the NCAA's findings are significant.

Sources say the infractions were minor in nature but a deeper look into the program revealed a lot of player mistreatment violations.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

That's not cool.  Gib Arnold seemed like a good coach.  Did he really get in trouble with the NCAA?

Yep, one of his assistants forged an enrollment document. Pretty much strike two for him as he was on the USC coaching staff that put USC on probation with the Ojay Mayo thing.

There must be a bunch of cheating bastards in the Big West.

Only because we have to play in high school gyms.

Guest #1Stunner

Yep, one of his assistants forged an enrollment document. Pretty much strike two for him as he was on the USC coaching staff that put USC on probation with the Ojay Mayo thing.

Who is Hawaii going to hire?  Someone on the staff?  Go outside and get someone new?

Guest #1Stunner

You should join the wcc that would fix your high school gym problem.

I'd love to have Hawaii in the WCC.  They'd probably have to pay the WCC a travel sub, but we could travel partner them with USD, and add Denver to go to 12 teams.

They pulled the trigger on Gib....they most certainly will do it to chow after this season!

I heard some rumbling of a coach firing at UH but thought it was going to be Chow. Kept telling everyone he was good as gone, now maybe I'll have to eat my words. Didn't think it was Gib.

this surprises me in that i thought he was doing a good job...wonder what they have on him.

He had them going in the right direction....but being 4th or 5th place in the BWC isn't getting things done. Especially when you have one of the bigger budgets and better facilities in the conference.

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics

I heard some rumbling of a coach firing at UH but thought it was going to be Chow. Kept telling everyone he was good as gone, now maybe I'll have to eat my words. Didn't think it was Gib.

I think Gib is just the start....Chow is next on the docket.

rp_primary_UH_Lower_Campus.jpg

University of Hawai'i Athletics