Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Take a look at the new women's locker room in the AA....

I had been thinking about starting a Thread to ask you WYO fans how the AA renovation was going... any pics or links to Job site cameras that really  interested MWC fans not hailing from CSU can see? And when will it be ready for use... I love my road trips to the AA and WAR. Wyo fans are the best!

Thanks in advance... always good to see MWC members improving their athletic facilities!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Thanks Joe from Wy... it looks awesome, and looks like some big new video boards you'll have as well! Any shot of the outside of the AA?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

I like the upgrades. I just don't get the circular pattern around the court. Why didn't they put the seating right next to the court instead of the circular shape that Utah also has?

Because the Huntsman Center at Utah, the AA, Lawlor at UNR, etc. were "cookie-cutter" arenas based on the same design.

I like the upgrades. I just don't get the circular pattern around the court. Why didn't they put the seating right next to the court instead of the circular shape that Utah also has?

There will be seats right up to the court on game days. Seats are pushed back to allow for practice area.

Ok, not to sound like a perv or nothing the title was suggestive of a women's locker room. I waited until my wife was in bed and I get pics of the AA. Arena looks nice and all, but you ate just mean, mean I tell you.

Also need to increase donor funds so you can get some water colors going with your upgrades.

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

First five rows are retracted in those photos. Seats go right down onto the court.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Because the Huntsman Center at Utah, the AA, Lawlor at UNR, etc. were "cookie-cutter" arenas based on the same design.

Huntsman and the AA are twin arenas. Lawlor's quite a bit different- completely different access points, an oval, rather than circular arena area, and very different locker and equipment configurations. Lawlor and the T&M have more in common than Lawlor and the AA or Huntsman.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

The Dee Events Center in Ogden bears a similar, if smaller, resemblance to both the Huntsman and AA as well.

WSUDEEevents_2.jpg

Purdue's Mackey Arena is similar too.

800px-Mackey_Arena-Purdue_vs_ISU_2007.jp

The one thing these two arenas have that I wish the AA could have (but physically can't) is those center court hanging score/video boards.

Huntsman and the AA are twin arenas. Lawlor's quite a bit different- completely different access points, an oval, rather than circular arena area, and very different locker and equipment configurations. Lawlor and the T&M have more in common than Lawlor and the AA or Huntsman.

Thanks for the info about Lawlor.  I see the differences now.

I had been thinking about starting a Thread to ask you WYO fans how the AA renovation was going... any pics or links to Job site cameras that really  interested MWC fans not hailing from CSU can see? And when will it be ready for use... I love my road trips to the AA and WAR. Wyo fans are the best!

Thanks in advance... always good to see MWC members improving their athletic facilities!

CSU doesn't travel to the AA for basketball games, so you are on par with them.

The World Needs More Cowboys!