Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickdraw

UNLV Open Scrimmage

Its easy to talk about, its easy to sum it up when you just talk about practice.  We sittin' in here, UNLV is supposed to be a big time player, and we in here talkin' about practice.  I mean listen, we talkin bout practice.  Not a game, not a game, not a game.  We talkin bout practice.  Not a game, not a, not a, not the game that UNLV is supposed to go out there and die for, and play every game like its their last.  Not the game.  We talkin' bout practice, man.  I mean how silly is that?  We talkin' bout practice.  Fans aren't supposed to be there, the coach is supposed to lead by example.  You know that, but it seems like coach Rice is shovin' it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything.  You know its important, we all do.  I honestly do.  But we talkin' bout practice, man.  What are we talkin' bout?  Practice?  We talkin' bout practice man.  We talk... We talkin' bout practice.  We talkin' bout practice.  We ain't talkin' bout the game, we talkin' bout practice, man.  When you come into the Thomas & Mack arena, and you see the Runnin' Rebels play, you want to see something special don't you, don't you?  You want to see Rebels give everything they got, right?  But we talkin' bout practice right now.  We talkin' bout practice.  (crowd laughs)  Man look, the Rebel players hear you, its funny to them too.  I mean, its strange, its strange to them too.  But we talkin' bout practice man.  We not even talkin' bout the game, the actual game, when it matters.  We talkin' bout practice.

Its easy to talk about, its easy to sum it up when you just talk about practice.  We sittin' in here, UNLV is supposed to be a big time player, and we in here talkin' about practice.  I mean listen, we talkin bout practice.  Not a game, not a game, not a game.  We talkin bout practice.  Not a game, not a, not a, not the game that UNLV is supposed to go out there and die for, and play every game like its their last.  Not the game.  We talkin' bout practice, man.  I mean how silly is that?  We talkin' bout practice.  Fans aren't supposed to be there, the coach is supposed to lead by example.  You know that, but it seems like coach Rice is shovin' it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything.  You know its important, we all do.  I honestly do.  But we talkin' bout practice, man.  What are we talkin' bout?  Practice?  We talkin' bout practice man.  We talk... We talkin' bout practice.  We talkin' bout practice.  We ain't talkin' bout the game, we talkin' bout practice, man.  When you come into the Thomas & Mack arena, and you see the Runnin' Rebels play, you want to see something special don't you, don't you?  You want to see Rebels give everything they got, right?  But we talkin' bout practice right now.  We talkin' bout practice.  (crowd laughs)  Man look, the Rebel players hear you, its funny to them too.  I mean, its strange, its strange to them too.  But we talkin' bout practice man.  We not even talkin' bout the game, the actual game, when it matters.  We talkin' bout practice.

Meth is a helluva drug.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Guest #1Stunner

Saturday November 1st, 11AM in the Mack. Free admission, intra-squad with officials.

I posted this for Rebels fans and so the Rice haters have something to use to move their agenda forward this week. Enjoy the rant guys.

Will this be televised?

AI will always be remembered for this.  Nice work.  

I'm curious to see how Cody Doolin does.  He is fun to watch.

I'm curious to see how Cody Doolin does.  He is fun to watch.

I agree hope he is clutch and drill some 3's for the Rebs when they need him. Did his mission, red shirt and a leader now. And parents are alumni and Nevada family.

Can't expect much from intramural scrimmage.

The teams will be mixed up. Chemistry will be close to non existent. Garbage time guys and redshirts will be playing.

I just want to hear about the UCLA trip. When our starters/rotation guys actually get to mesh with each other on the court.

Scrimmages are not indicative of how good a team is at all. I mean, UNLV lost to Dixie St in a scrimmage last year and look how good they were when it counted!

Ok Captain Obvious. Scrimmage is still great for fans to see progress with players.

Can't expect much from intramural scrimmage.

The teams will be mixed up. Chemistry will be close to non existent. Garbage time guys and redshirts will be playing.

I just want to hear about the UCLA trip. When our starters/rotation guys actually get to mesh with each other on the court.

well we'll get to see the rebs before ucla when they scrimmage florida international on the 5th.

well we'll get to see the rebs before ucla when they scrimmage florida international on the 5th.

True. I keep forgetting about that exhibition. One week away. Cant wait.

I agree hope he is clutch and drill some 3's for the Rebs when they need him. Did his mission, red shirt and a leader now. And parents are alumni and Nevada family.

I think you are referring to Dantley Walker.

They are playing Florida "National" University.  Big difference from "International".  This is Florida "National's" second year of basketball.  

They are playing Florida "National" University.  Big difference from "International".  This is Florida "National's" second year of basketball.  

you're right, my bad. wasn't paying attention while i was typing, lol.

I don't know if it is that big of difference.  They should both be easy wins even in a scrimmage.