Warbow

Utah St vs Hawaii---Game Week

Should be an interesting game but I got to go with Hawaii on this one. Neavda beat us with their QB, can Utah St do the same with their 3rd string QB?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Should be an interesting game but I got to go with Hawaii on this one. Neavda beat us with their QB, can Utah St do the same with their 3rd string QB?

I think they might be down to the 4th string QB by now.  What is the series history like with these two teams?  Any animosity or good history.  I can't think of anything off of the top of my head.  

I think they might be down to the 4th string QB by now.  What is the series history like with these two teams?  Any animosity or good history.  I can't think of anything off of the top of my head.  

Utah St lead the series 7-6 with the last 2 wins. Hawaii leads at home 4-3.  No bad blood between the 2. They do have/had a lot of Hawaii recruits. I know Utah St's win over Hawaii in 2011 was the start of the turnround for that program.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

I like Hawaii .

But I hope we kick your Butt!

No , really I think Our 4th string guy is actually decent , but we will know Sat..

Wells was High on him in the pre-season.

How is your scoring D and your run D ? I think that may determine this game.

Our Run D is ranked 4th in the country right now , but we have had some small cracks in our pass D they are young.

I was surprised at the Pick Em you guys have played well at home.

Thought we'd be dogs .

What are your strengths on O and D?

Our last trip to the islands in 2011 is where everything changed for USU football. For anyone who would like to see what most of us Aggie fans still consider one of the greatest miracle games you can watch the highlights here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKcjPLwnOrM

It is the game where Chuckie Keeton went down for the season as a true freshman. He was strapped to a board, carted off the field and placed immediately in an ambulance and taken to the hospital with a spine/neck injury. We were down 28-7 in the 3rd qtr. and Adam Kennedy came in at QB and lead us to the most improbable comeback. He had a lot of help from guys like Robert Turbin and Bobby Wagner as well but there's no denying that something odd happened that late night in Hawaii. Everything went our way and it was like 40 years of frustration and some of the poorest D1 football ever played all came crashing down in a single game.

It is sort of a holy place for most USU fans now. In fact, since that game the Aggies have gone 30-11 with 3 straight bowl games, ended the 2012 season ranked #16 in the AP, have had road wins over nationally ranked teams, and generally have enjoyed an incredible resurgence since then. Conversely, this game was also a turning point for UH. Since that game, they have gone 7-31. Hawaii has since hired away our LB's coach to be their DC and by all accounts he is well liked there so I guess there is that interesting angle.

While this game may not mean much to Hawaii, it most certainly means something to Aggie fans. I just hope no one finds the cursed tiki that we buried and left on the island last time we were there.

USU is down to our 4th string QB, a true freshman. He got in against UNLV and looked serviceable but I doubt he gets asked to do much besides hand it off with the occasional short pass. Our defense is what gives us our chance.

How is Clune working out as DC? he seemed like a good coach while he was here and seems to have taken the aggressive 3-4 scheme to Hawaii.  

Congrats on the win Aggies.

Don't care who you got at QB, we have Chow at Head Coach. That's the clincher.

Aloha!

Go Warriors! Go Bows! Go Wahine! GO HAWAI'I!!

aloha-stadium.jpg

This is Mountain West Country

ALOHA!

Follow me on Twitter! @UHawkFan12

I like Hawaii .

But I hope we kick your Butt!

No , really I think Our 4th string guy is actually decent , but we will know Sat..

Wells was High on him in the pre-season.

How is your scoring D and your run D ? I think that may determine this game.

Our Run D is ranked 4th in the country right now , but we have had some small cracks in our pass D they are young.

I was surprised at the Pick Em you guys have played well at home.

Thought we'd be dogs .

What are your strengths on O and D?

our strengths are clune knows your program inside and out. we are playing in south central oahu.

Congrats on the win Aggies.

Don't care who you got at QB, we have Chow at Head Coach. That's the clincher.

Aloha!

^^^This.

Based on past history, Chow will find a way to fritter away the game.

As for Clune, bringing him in appears to be the best move Chow has made to date. He has UH's defense playing aggressively and well. The only problem is that his schemes depend on solid linebacker play and our two best linebackers have been lost for the season with injuries. Well, that and the fact that they wear down in the second half because Chow's offense can't sustain drives long enough to give them any rest.

Regarding the 2011 game, I was there to see USU's comeback. I really did feel that game was a turning point for UH too. It was like we lost our mojo that night and have never gotten it back. I haven't been to a game since (other than against FCS opponents) where I had that comfortable feeling that UH was in full command.

Any Aggie fan want to make a mini helmet bet?

If you'll do straight up I'm on Warbow. It will make the game a lot funner to watch!?

Although I think it's gonna be a nail biter .

How about you give me the Friday point spread points?

What am I?! Chop liver?   :)

He was the first to response so I'll give him first crack at it.