Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BroncoOrange

If Bronco was fired, who would BYU replace him with?

But, when the program gets that death penalty, won't Bronco kind of automatically be fired?

Uhhh, I didn't ever say BYU would get the death penalty. I didn't speculate at all on punishments. I did say that three AD employees were fired because of it. You don't fire three people over socks. If Fido's email is to be believed, four people were fired.

The violations appear to be at least as serious as Boise committed. Whether they get a Boise type punishment remains to be seen.

Uhhh, I didn't ever say BYU would get the death penalty. I didn't speculate at all on punishments. I did say that three AD employees were fired because of it. You don't fire three people over socks. If Fido's email is to be believed, four people were fired.

The violations appear to be at least as serious as Boise committed. Whether they get a Boise type punishment remains to be seen.

Okay, but there were those who did.  I think mostly Utah fans.

This is a question that I have for BYU fans. Bronco has done a respectable job, nothing to write home about, but he's done a fairly good job if you look at the over all picture. My question is who could you guys get to replace him? BYU runs the risk of picking up another guy like Crowton if not done right. Since BYU has a policy that the head coach has to be LDS limits things tremendously. Also, Andy Reid does not count as a serious answer.

I decided to pose this question because it seems the majority of fans are calling for his job.

Let me put my face in the hat to see if the golden tablets will reveal the answer.

This reminds me of when Utah offered Dave Rose, and BYU paid Dave Rose more money than Utah could offer....

I think BYU could hire Kilani Sitake at the exact same salary that they pay Bronco right now, and Sitake would jump at it.

Re Detmer, the big difference between Detmer and Howell is that Detmer had a 4 year college career, and a 15 year NFL career.   Hell, Brian Johnson was promoted to being the offensive coordinator at Utah, without any prior coaching experience at any other University, and without ever sniffing the NFL.   But, at least Johnson had a college career.  Howell has coached at NO other college, and was a 3-year DB coach before being promoted to defensive coordinator.

But, not sure why you are bringing up Detmer.  BYU has plenty of other already experienced, quality Offensive Coordinators they could hire.  Detmer hasn't shown any interest in coaching at the college level.

I have heard from some guys more in the know than me that say Sitake is not interested in going to BYU for a variety of reasons, but who knows.

I think Detmer hasn't shown an interest in coaching under Bronco. I don't know that he would turn down if he were offered the reigns, or if under someone else. I agree there are more qualified guys out there, even for the OC job, but he is who I usually hear BYU fans calling for to lead the offense.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Guest #1Stunner

I have heard from some guys more in the know than me that say Sitake is not interested in going to BYU for a variety of reasons, but who knows.

I think Detmer hasn't shown an interest in coaching under Bronco. I don't know that he would turn down if he were offered the reigns, or if under someone else. I agree there are more qualified guys out there, even for the OC job, but he is who I usually hear BYU fans calling for to lead the offense.

That's great that you have heard that from your Ute friends...

But, there are all sorts of BYU fans that claim they are either family or friends with Sitake, and that he would definitely take the BYU job if offered.  Sitake would be a fool to turn down an offer to be the BYU head coaching job, or the head coaching job at most of the MWC schools.  Does he want to be a head coach, or an assistant forever?

I agree.  Detmer is respectful, but really wants nothing to do with Bronco or Anae.  Also, it would be bad if Detmer came back to BYU and failed...  Detmer would be a better AD than he would a coach, I think.  The BYU fans that bring him up are like Utah Jazz fans that think John Stockton or Karl Malone should be hired to the Jazz's coach.

Some plausible offensive coordinators that Sitake would possibly hire if he was hired on at BYU:

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/fball/coaches/petersonpaul

http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39321&SPID=3468&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=8600&ATCLID=209343887&Q_SEASON=2014

or... an OC without any ties to BYU.  But, I'm not sure who Kilani knows.

Roscoe Detmer.  Has a nice little ring to it.  I honestly think it's going to be Navy's coach.  He was just in the Mormon movie, so they're pretty high on him at headquarters, and he's shown he can win at a program that has recruiting limitations, etc.  BYU's next coach will be Roscoe Niumatalolo.

Interesting. He wanted the Utah State job two years ago, and was reportedly pissed because he didn't get an interview.

That's great that you have heard that from your Ute friends...

But, there are all sorts of BYU fans that claim they are either family or friends with Sitake, and that he would definitely take the BYU job if offered. Sitake would be a fool to turn down an offer to be the BYU head coaching job, or the head coaching job at most of the MWC schools. Does he want to be a head coach, or an assistant forever?

I agree. Detmer is respectful, but really wants nothing to do with Bronco or Anae. Also, it would be bad if Detmer came back to BYU and failed... Detmer would be a better AD than he would a coach, I think. The BYU fans that bring him up are like Utah Jazz fans that think John Stockton or Karl Malone should be hired to the Jazz's coach.

Some plausible offensive coordinators that Sitake would possibly hire if he was hired on at BYU:

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/fball/coaches/petersonpaul

http://www.weberstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39321&SPID=3468&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=8600&ATCLID=209343887&Q_SEASON=2014

or... an OC without any ties to BYU. But, I'm not sure who Kilani knows.

If Utah doesn't fall on it's face the last few weeks of the season, Sitake could be a hot commodity. Wherever he ultimately goes, I wish him well, seems like a quality guy. Utah will be fine if he goes, it is the natural course of things in a quality program, and just like Sitake stepped in when GA left, Scally would step in for Sitake.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Interesting. He wanted the Utah State job two years ago, and was reportedly pissed because he didn't get an interview.

I was under the impression that he did interview and was a little upset that they chose Wells instead of him. One way or another it does appear that he was interested in the USU job.

Guest #1Stunner

If Utah doesn't fall on it's face the last few weeks of the season, Sitake could be a hot commodity. Wherever he ultimately goes, I wish him well, seems like a quality guy. Utah will be fine if he goes, it is the natural course of things in a quality program, and just like Sitake stepped in when GA left, Scally would step in for Sitake.

I agree with your post.  I think Sitake is most likely to be offered a job at a G5 school.  It isn't very often that an coordinator is hired as a first time coach at any P5 school.  It happens if you are a big school, like USC (Sarkesian to Washington), and maybe a few SEC schools. 

Wyoming's old coach, Dave Christensen, has improved your offense.  

I have no clue who would be a good fit at BYU, but if you want to be a P5 program you have to pay like a P5 program, and not just the head coach, but the assistants as well.  For whatever reason the LDS Church seems to insist on getting a significant religious discount on all of their employees.  That makes it hard to lure away quality coaching talent.

I have no clue who would be a good fit at BYU, but if you want to be a P5 program you have to pay like a P5 program, and not just the head coach, but the assistants as well.  For whatever reason the LDS Church seems to insist on getting a significant religious discount on all of their employees.  That makes it hard to lure away quality coaching talent.

Which is sort of funny since they automatically get a 10% refund.