Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

SDSU @ Nevada

Only concern is if UNR loses to UH (definite possibility as the game is in HI). If that happens they will be pissed and F'Tardo will go nutz (unless we contain him which our DB's have been getting better and better).

We get some of our studs back on the field!

Aztec victory> wish I go to the game, in Mex for Halloween weekend.

it was something RiverRun said in Nevada @ Hawaii -- Game Week

"Not so fast, I'm not convinced.

With the late game in Provo, and Nevada leaving for the Islands on Thursday, creates a really short week of preparation for the Hawaii game.  We also have a few key players who are nursing some injuries.  This game makes me nervous."

http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?showtopic=56206&p=1499654

I was just messing with you... I just hope it snows. :)

I was just messing with you... I just hope it snows. :)

meh, the snow didn't bother us at the Potato Bowl -- don't think it would bother us in Reno either.

It could actually make your QB less mobile, and help our power running package.

Either way, it'll be a good game ... maybe even another game that goes to OT

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

meh, the snow didn't bother us at the Potato Bowl -- don't think it would bother us in Reno either.

It could actually make your QB less mobile, and help our power running package.

Either way, it'll be a good game ... maybe even another game that goes to OT

I agree it will be a good game. Nevada has Hawaii first. Not much luck there over the last 10 seasons...

I was factoring the travel fatigue that comes with Hawaii travel ... When does the team leave Hawaii Saturday night or Sunday? Nevada has as much a possibility of coming out flat after back to back games away at Provo then Honolulu.

As far as the Bye week for us ... we get to re-integrate Largent, Ruffin and possibly Fely -- while at the same time giving Kaehler time to heal as well as take more snaps over a 2 week period of prep.  We could use the time to scheme against a mobile QB, our nemesis on D.

Glad to see you realize now that no Pack fans said anything remotely close to SDSU being inside our heads  <_<

As for the return trip from Hawaii, these are 18 to 22 year old college kids, they're not going to experience much travel fatigue returning from Hawaii.  The team and coaches will have a pretty normal week of prep for the SDSU game, and the players will be pumped to be back at Mackay after two straight road games.   

Not sure we'll see both offenses combine for over 1100 yards like last season, but guess it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot either.  Looking forward to it, should be a great game. 

WolfPack2014poster_zpsda00ea12.jpg

I'm expecting a win.

We will have 2 weeks to rest and prepare for the best QB in the MWC.  You don't want to give Rocky Long two weeks to prepare his defense that is already stout to begin with.

We will have Fely, Largent and Ruffin back.  Not to mention two additional weeks for QK to get healthier.

Nevada will be coming off a long road trip to Hawaii.

I like our chances.

Should be a good game.

Thought it was interesting, since Long first joined SDSU in 2009 as the DC, up until now as the HC, the Aztecs are 1-7 in games played after a bye week.

Glad to see you realize now that no Pack fans said anything remotely close to SDSU being inside our heads  <_<

As for the return trip from Hawaii, these are 18 to 22 year old college kids, they're not going to experience much travel fatigue returning from Hawaii.  The team and coaches will have a pretty normal week of prep for the SDSU game, and the players will be pumped to be back at Mackay after two straight road games.   

Not sure we'll see both offenses combine for over 1100 yards like last season, but guess it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot either.  Looking forward to it, should be a great game. 

oh, travel back from Hawaii is definitely an issue for teams -- always harder going East losing time and sleep than gaining time (and time to rest) going West.

If your team leaves for Hawaii on a Thursday for a Saturday Game that kicks off at 6 PM (HST) and the last flight out of HNL is 11:00 PM and the earliest you would get back to Reno would be around Noon (PST) Sunday (unless you chartered a flight).

If you don't make the last flight out Saturday, your return travel will be all that more delayed, (first flight out Sunday is after 7AM so get to Reno around 6PM) -- the travel fatigue will catch up to the team about 36 hours later ... probably while trying to watch film.

If we're in your head, and you're looking past Hawaii on a short week of prep, you could pick up a loss on the rock -- Of course, If you lose to Hawaii, you'll be 1-3 in conference and we'll definitely be in your head then. Either way, you'll not be practicing Sunday. Sure you'll have Mon-Fri to attend classes and practice, but that travel fatigue will definitely set in. 

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

oh, travel back from Hawaii is definitely an issue for teams -- always harder going East losing time and sleep than gaining time (and time to rest) going West.

If your team leaves for Hawaii on a Thursday for a Saturday Game that kicks off at 6 PM (HST) and the last flight out of HNL is 11:00 PM and the earliest you would get back to Reno would be around Noon (PST) Sunday (unless you chartered a flight).

If you don't make the last flight out Saturday, your return travel will be all that more delayed, (first flight out Sunday is after 7AM so get to Reno around 6PM) -- the travel fatigue will catch up to the team about 36 hours later ... probably while trying to watch film.

If we're in your head, and you're looking past Hawaii on a short week of prep, you could pick up a loss on the rock -- Of course, If you lose to Hawaii, you'll be 1-3 in conference and we'll definitely be in your head then. Either way, you'll not be practicing Sunday. Sure you'll have Mon-Fri to attend classes and practice, but that travel fatigue will definitely set in. 

Nevada always charters flights.  Doesn't SDSU?

You're making way too big of a deal about travel back to Reno from the Islands.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking on your part, given that SDSU is 1-7 in games played following a bye week, since 2009.

Again, why do you have the impression SDSU is in our heads?  Sorry to burst your bubble, but Nevada won't be looking past Hawaii.  Nevada won't be practicing on Sunday?  Who told you that?  Maybe you're really out of shape, and get tired if you have to walk up a flight of stairs, which would explain your need to believe 18-22 year old well conditioned athletes will experience travel fatigue the entire week following the Hawaii game.  Do yourself a favor and put down the doughnut, and do a little exercise, maybe it'll help get the blood flowing a little better to that noodle of yours, so you don't come up with such misguided assumptions. 

Thought it was interesting, since Long first joined SDSU in 2009 as the DC, up until now as the HC, the Aztecs are 1-7 in games played after a bye week.

Who are the 8 opponents, and how many were roadies? I honestly don't know, but that stat is a def scary. 

Who are the 8 opponents, and how many were roadies? I honestly don't know, but that stat is a def scary. 

It was a mix, some conf games, and a couple OOC games.

Here's another interesting stat.  Since 2000, Nevada is 7-0 in games played following an away game @ Hawaii.  After the 2012 away game @ Hawaii (9/22), Nevada had to turn around and travel to play @ Texas State (9/29) the following week. 

I just took a quick look at your schedule the past couple of years. Here are your opponents coming off a bye 2011 Wyoming 2012 @Wyoming 2013 Oregon State & Fresno State

Of those Wyoming in 2012 was your only win. But it was the only game on the road after a bye. But I didn't go back further

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

The most interesting stat of all...

54-44

39-38

I swear to God that if we lose to San Diego State in overtime again there's a good chance I will slit my wrists.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

This biggest question regarding SDSU is how many Aztec fans will make the trip to Reno?

I put the over/under at 200.

That's more of a statement of your city than our fans' support.