Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndreAztec

SDSU AD Jim Sterk "Its not all done yet...

The Big East would be adding another team to make BSU happy. Getting BSU's sports into a stable conf will make them happy, and thus influence the decision.

Posted Image

Didn't UNLV's AD come out and say that they'd never consider splitting their athletic teams into 2 conferences or something to that effect? I doubt they'd consider it.

That's true, but if he says OK to an invite then he'll have to ditch the rug. Let the facts come out.

I'm among the first to bash the Aztecs, but I don't believe they would be dumb enough to move Oly Sports to the WAC. Talk about watered down if the Alliance takes USU and SJSU and UTSA backs out and goes elsewhere. AFA can't hold that much pull with their Oly teams. Now if you argued they had forced a BE wester division in order to get AFA I may see them going...but not to the WAC. Any new team added impacts what they are doing in the BW. They will now be a part of that conference, so the term "we're" could be the conference as a whole. If SDSU backs out on BW now and WAC folds, you think they'll just roll out the welcome mat again?

Yes, they would, but that's besides the point. If SDSU joins BSU and AFA in the WAC, it would just add more stability to that conference as a Oly only conference. The WAC isn't folding as a conference, no matter how much you may wish it so...

.....there will be another western division member."

You turds in Fresno may get lucky afterall.

http://wpc.31d2.edgecastcdn.net/8031D2/xxsportsl/common/global_audio/40/56796.mp3

Uh huh...FS would be really lucky.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Will be interesting to see the Fresno Posters change their rhetoric if invited. The butthurt has been strong with them for some reason.

No change from this camper...I don't care for the idea of going to the BE. Will I support my school? You bet. Will I agree with the move? Nope.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Yes, they would, but that's besides the point. If SDSU joins BSU and AFA in the WAC, it would just add more stability to that conference as a Oly only conference. The WAC isn't folding as a conference, no matter how much you may wish it so...

I think it will ultimately benefit both BSU and SDSU if their oly teams are in the same conference just like the football teams. If you take SDSU out of the Big West they really are no better than the WAC.

Posted Image

If SDSU and AFA joined the WAC that conference would be in much better shape as an olympic sports conference. It would most likely look something like this...

Seattle-BSU

SDSU-Bakersfield

Denver-AFA

UVU-(+1 other member)

But I still think the Big West would be a better landing spot for SDSU if Fresno and Boise joined you there.

If SDSU and AFA joined the WAC that conference would be in much better shape as an olympic sports conference. It would most likely look something like this...

Seattle-BSU

SDSU-Bakersfield

Denver-AFA

UVU-(+1 other member)

But I still think the Big West would be a better landing spot for SDSU if Fresno and Boise joined you there.

Definitely, but if the BW wants to play hardball about letting BSU in the conference...

.....there will be another western division member."

You turds in Fresno may get lucky afterall.

http://wpc.31d2.edgecastcdn.net/8031D2/xxsportsl/common/global_audio/40/56796.mp3

We already knew that!!! They said that during the temple press meeting... They'll be inviting AFA!!! I want in the big east and it won't happen because BE seems to think that AFA would be a better invite. I hope that they get it over with ASAP instead of drawing it out! Plus they should invite before this cluster phuck of a supposed 32 team conference goes down. If we do get passed over again which it appears to be the case then I hope we don't go to 32. 24 needs to be the max if ask me just enough to permanently kill off the WAC and call it a day!

The Big East would be adding another team to make BSU happy. Getting BSU's sports into a stable conf will make them happy, and thus influence the decision.

I think the Least proved it only cares about BSU's football program and couldn't give a +++++ about it's other sports, otherwise BSU would be joining for all sports. And lets face it, aside from the players and coaches on those olympic teams (and a few fans), not even BSU cares much about them.

And if you have listened to any of the conferences the Big East has had it's pretty clear they want their western additions to have solid spots for their oly teams.

Posted Image

Definitely, but if the BW wants to play hardball about letting BSU in the conference...

This board has done nothing but bash both AFA and BSU's Olympic sports. "One trick" comes to mind. SDSU fans especially have questioned what either of the brought to the MWC, yet now they will magically make the WAC that much better for SDSU? If and when USU and SJSU leave, the Texas twins are likely gone. The Oly sports will be a travelling nightmare for SDSU and have very little appeal.

You guys are already in the BE, why would you care what happens to BSU's Oly's unless your entry is still up in the air pending Boise's finding a home.

I for one do not want to see the WAC fold, I like Idaho, La Tech and NMSU, but it doesn't change the fact it won't be a landing spot I'd ever want for FS. Keep spinning this K5.

I hear ya. The Big West is dropping the ball on this issue. Adding Boise State and Fresno State would improve a plethora of BW sports and raise the overall profile of the conference. When you just consider the facilities aspect of adding BSU and FSU- Taco Bell Arena and Save Mart Center would be the arenas with the largest capacity in the BW conference.

The Big West has done a good job so far with reeling in Hawaii and SDSU. And I'm glad to see LBSU and UCSB are improving. But if the conference wants to take it to the next level and be a player on the west coast, Fresno and Boise need to added ASAP. That's 6 quality athletic departments with the possibility of UCI or Fullerton picking it up someday.

If true, Fresno would be the best addition the BE has made so far.

They are the only school with any real sense of tradition (besides SMU). :P

Throw U of Houston on that list. A heisman trophy and a half dozen major conference championships & major bowl berths gets a nod for tradition.

2005, 2009, 2010 & 2011 MWC Football Champions

Throw U of Houston on that list. A heisman trophy and a half dozen major conference championships & major bowl berths gets a nod for tradition.

True that. Funny........I thought about adding them too. :lol:

I'd be a little concerned (not a lot) as the Big East's last three major decisions have shown a lack of regard for Boise's happiness. 1) Add Temple. 2) Add Memphis. 3) Pay to move Temple in immediately instead of Boise.

Plus, contractually, they were only obligated to add one member (SDSU) and make a "good-faith" effort at finding another. And so far we know they've tried to get BYU & AFA already.

Anyways, who do you think is joining? Fresno (w/ BSU & FSU joining the BW) is certainly the cleanest solution from a BSU perspective.

2005, 2009, 2010 & 2011 MWC Football Champions

They asked AFA and BYU before Temple/Memphis so I am not that dissapointed. I am glad they did not want to cave into BYU and pay them more, and it looks like AFA may come soon.

Posted Image