Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Are we breaking out the chrome helmets Sat?

No.  We don't have blue helmets anymore.  Also we don't have enough chrome helmets to suit up everybody at home, we only have enough for the traveling team.

Edit:  the blue helmets are now the practice helmets.  Also there's a sweet concept Matte Blue helmet with a chrome facemask but we just don't have the money for those right now.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Really?

That sounds kind of bush league, no?

They gave away some of the helmets to the donors who financed getting them, which is why they only have enough now for the traveling team.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Ah, cool.

Any idea what your deal is with Nike?

No...I don't think the published the details.

I did some research and got some different numbers. Chrome helmets cost about 2.5 times the cost of a plain color helmet with a sticker. Assume latest safety helmet versions.

Prices differ, but a plain color helmet is about $300 to $400 each, and a chrome is $800 to $1,000 each.

That is a lot. I would assume that we travel about 55 players. So they probably raised about 60k.

Of course everybody knows why a basic helmet costs so much because of the high cost of liability insurance.

kat.jpg

No.  We don't have blue helmets anymore.  Also we don't have enough chrome helmets to suit up everybody at home, we only have enough for the traveling team.

Edit:  the blue helmets are now the practice helmets.  Also there's a sweet concept Matte Blue helmet with a chrome facemask but we just don't have the money for those right now.

Weren't the chrome helmets used @ home vs UNLV last season?

WolfPack2014poster_zpsda00ea12.jpg

They gave away some of the helmets to the donors who financed getting them, which is why they only have enough now for the traveling team.

Ah, okay.  Was it S&B outfitters that covered most of the costs?  I seem to remember hearing that from someone.

I guess we can use them against UNLV, and then pack them away for another away game at some point.  Too bad, that kind of thing is always more special when done for a home game.

WolfPack2014poster_zpsda00ea12.jpg

Ah, okay.  Was it S&B outfitters that covered most of the costs?  I seem to remember hearing that from someone.

I guess we can use them against UNLV, and then pack them away for another away game at some point.  Too bad, that kind of thing is always more special when done for a home game.

Worked for us last year. :D