Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

Week 5 Attendance

Add another 10K to Hawaii's attendance for our PPV customers.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Agreed. But I think a lot of that depends on how Fresno and Boise do the rest of the year. I'd suspect Fresno will trend down but level off somewhere around 25-27k average and boise somewhere around 31-32k.

i could see fresno dipping down a bit

it'd be a shame if boise did the same

i doubt the effects will be felt until next season tho 

Add another 10K to Hawaii's attendance for our PPV customers.

are we allowed to add media numbers to our attendance?  I understand they are PPV, but the intent is that travel is too difficult right?  Why just the 10K?  are we to assume 1 person per purchase or would there be an average number of eyeballs  -- say 2 persons per PPV purchase for a total of 20K or ???

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

are we allowed to add media numbers to our attendance? I understand they are PPV, but the intent is that travel is too difficult right? Why just the 10K? are we to assume 1 person per purchase or would there be an average number of eyeballs -- say 2 persons per PPV purchase for a total of 20K or ???

They should count the PPV package in their attendance with an asterisk. But I think it would only be one ticket per PPV package, as you can't tell how many people that person has watching at their house.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

They should count the PPV package in their attendance with an asterisk. But I think it would only be one ticket per PPV package, as you can't tell how many people that person has watching at their house.

so then can SDSU also add viewership to its attendance numbers with an asterisk that in this case would be attributed to ESPN3 viewers outside of San Diego county?

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

so then can SDSU also add viewership to its attendance numbers with an asterisk that in this case would be attributed to ESPN3 viewers outside of San Diego county?

Did these viewers buy a ticket to watch the game?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Did these viewers buy a ticket to watch the game?

let's not conflate ideas ... the only reason anyone shows up to the stadium for you is that the games are not available on broadcast TV -- you have to force them to PPV

an asterisk is an asterisk -- either way the numbers are inflated due to some external incident as to why the "butt" was not in the seat.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

let's not conflate ideas ... the only reason anyone shows up to the stadium for you is that the games are not available on broadcast TV -- you have to force them to PPV

an asterisk is an asterisk -- either way the numbers are inflated due to some external incident as to why the "butt" was not in the seat.

Doesn't matter, it's still should count as a ticket sold whether a butt is in the seat or not. Most if not all MWC attendence figures are based on tickets sold/distributed.

e

Hawaii's games against Washington and Oregon St were on national TV and not on the PPV package for viewing. The PPV figures shouldn't be added to the attendence totals for those games. The Northern Iowa game was on the PPV package and those PPV packages sold for that game should be added to the attendence figures. Sabe?

Doesn't matter, it's still should count as a ticket sold whether a butt is in the seat or not. Most if not all MWC attendence figures are based on tickets sold/distributed.

I agree ... which is why most early season figures have some weird procedure that conflates season ticket sales with turnstile and come up with an "announced" attendance, only to go back at the end of the season and adjust down.  I respect your attendance numbers in Hawai'i and would be okay with adding your PPV sales for the outer islands (but not those on Oahu).

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

Hawaii's games against Washington and Oregon St were on national TV and not on the PPV package for viewing. The PPV figures shouldn't be added to the attendence totals for those games. The Northern Iowa game was on the PPV package and those PPV packages sold for that game should be added to the attendence figures. Sabe?

I respect your attendance numbers in Hawai'i and would be okay with adding your PPV sales for the outer islands (but not those on Oahu).

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

I respect your attendance numbers in Hawai'i and would be okay with adding your PPV sales for the outer islands (but not those on Oahu).

Why not Oahu? It's still a paid ticket distributed....if you ask me, PPV hurts Hawaii's stadium attendence figures. There's thousands of fans that view Hawaii games on PPV that don't pay a dime for. Families have parties during Hawaii games while viewing PPV. Sort of like all game event tail-gate party and watch the game for free.

Why not Oahu? It's still a paid ticket distributed....if you ask me, PPV hurts Hawaii's stadium attendence figures. There's thousands of fans that view Hawaii games on PPV that don't pay a dime for. Families have parties during Hawaii games while viewing PPV. Sort of like all game event tail-gate party and watch the game for free.

because I would equate the PPV on Oahu to a Season Ticket holder in San Diego ... you have the ability to be at the game, you choose not to, both have paid for a ticket.

It's possible for one to purchase a PPV and still go to the game (for instance the family is at home watching the game while dad and the guys are tailgating at the game)

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

??? Wyo drew 75,000 this last weekend

The whole state of Wyoming showed up in Michigan!!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Well, all of Laramie and about a third of Cheyenne, anyway...

Well yeah but you get the joke or attempt at a bad joke.