Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mysfit

Coaches fired

Odds are getting pretty long for Hoke, huh?  Michigan would have to win all but one or two games here on out and beat Ohio State to keep his job now.

Man, you never know, that was a perfect hire on paper.  Should have worked out.

I couldn't disagree more.  I think Hoke wasn't even a good fall back option.

However they still say Jumbo Fisher down at Florida is still on the hot seat and Cal's coach is also on the hot seat from an article I read last week. 

You mean Florida State?  How can any coach who won the NC

last year and is still undefeated this year be on a hot seat?

You mean Florida State?  How can any coach who won the NC

last year and is still undefeated this year be on a hot seat?

He has to be thinking of Muschamp at Florida.  How is Dykes on the hot seat at Cal as well?  I know they had a terrible year last year, but let's not act like Cal has always been a world beater.  

I don't think Michigan makes a move midseason unless they really really explode.  However they still say Jumbo Fisher down at Florida is still on the hot seat and Cal's coach is also on the hot seat from an article I read last week. 

Jimbo Fisher is at Florida State, Florida's coach is Will Muschamp. This is just Sonny Dykes's second year and though they aren't as good as their record (3-1) they have shown improvement, he'll at least get the third year.

Dennis Allen will be on this list in less than 24 hours

Feel bad for the guy. When he first got there he was in salary cap & talent hell. Instead of building with young talent the GM, in attempt to save his job and do something when he finally had cap space, went spending money on a lot of old broken down veterans.

Having said that I thought it was too soon for Allen to be a head coach, has always had that deer in the head lights look. I have sneaky suspicion he will be in New Orleans as the DC next year. Rob Ryans D is not good this year.

Hack absolutely should be fired but with UNLV just giving him an extension, I'm not sure if it realistic financially. I don't remember the terms of the extension though.

He was extended through the 2016 season and increased his salary to $700,000 a year. Also, unfortunately UNLV doesn't have the money to fire Hauck and hire a new coach. He will coach the rest of this year and next year. They may find funds to fire him with just one year left but not two more to go.

He was extended through the 2016 season and increased his salary to $700,000 a year. Also, unfortunately UNLV doesn't have the money to fire Hauck and hire a new coach. He will coach the rest of this year and next year. They may find funds to fire him with just one year left but not two more to go.

even if you could hire a new coach ... I don't think $700K would be enough to get the talent you need for the change required.  SDSU lucked out with Coach Long -- when offered a raise from his current $800K salary, Coach Long instead distributed the proposed increase among his assistants.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

even if you could hire a new coach ... I don't think $700K would be enough to get the talent you need for the change required.  SDSU lucked out with Coach Long -- when offered a raise from his current $800K salary, Coach Long instead distributed the proposed increase among his assistants.

You can get a good assistant at 700 K, I think Fresno initially was paying Deryter about that, also Coker is making 400 K, Dino is making 500 if you want a retread