Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AllRamsAllTheTime

Speculation: MW West Division divorces the Mountain Division

People here that comment that CSU/UWY (or even UNM&AFA) are tied at the hip are hilarious. You all make it sound like we are Kansas and K-State and governed by the same legislature. We will all ultimately do what is best for our universities, and no one will leave money on the table.

I thought you all wanted to get away from SJSU and Fresno, or is that just what I'm reading on AztecMesa? 

And what will the name be of this split western group, the Big West 3.0??

I doubt you've read me say that on AM. On this board, my point is now really more what I see as inevitable. As I said the other day, SDSU joining the AAC is no longer going to happen and it sure doesn't look like anybody except perhaps SDSU and BYU have any real interest in trying to form a best of the rest coast to coast conference. So since there's no reason to think the MWC is ever going to earn substantial TV revenue, the alternative is for MWC schools to try to earn as much as they do now while substantially lessening the cost of travel for our Olys. Splitting the western and eastern divisions into separate conferences is the most logical way of doing that.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Things are not going to get better for the MWC.  And this fantasy that SDSU fan is spewing about some sort of split-off of the western teams is insane.

Either your school is positioning itself to move to the PAC or the B12, or it's destined for a best of the rest league (or Big Sky for some schools).  Which will include a broader reach similar to what the AAC is now.

Right now the only school doing that is Boise.  CSU soon to follow.

Things are not going to get better for the MWC. And this fantasy that SDSU fan is spewing about some sort of split-off of the western teams is insane.

Either your school is positioning itself to move to the PAC or the B12, or it's destined for a best of the rest league (or Big Sky for some schools). Which will include a broader reach similar to what the AAC is now.

Right now the only school doing that is Boise. CSU soon to follow.

All MW schools are trying to do that. It's just that some have more resources than others.

Things are not going to get better for the MWC.  And this fantasy that SDSU fan is spewing about some sort of split-off of the western teams is insane.

Either your school is positioning itself to move to the PAC or the B12, or it's destined for a best of the rest league (or Big Sky for some schools).  Which will include a broader reach similar to what the AAC is now.

The P12 is so very sorry they ever invited CU, at least from all of the fan perspectives I've heard.  CSU will not be picked up by the P12.  Aint gonna happen.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Huh?

Boom goes the dynamite.

All MW schools are trying to do that. It's just that some have more resources than others.

Not really.  Sure, some are making inprovements to thier facilities but no school other than Boise has pumped multi-millions into their program.  Looks like they might be trending downward but they seem serious about investing for the future.

It's not just about $$$ either. Some places just won't be able to generate enough interest no matter how much they try to better their program.  If CSU can keep some momentum in the win column and get the stadium built, CSU will have a chance.  I believe the B12 would like to return to Colorado.  PAC is less likely but not out of the question.

The P12 is so very sorry they ever invited CU, at least from all of the fan perspectives I've heard.  CSU will not be picked up by the P12.  Aint gonna happen.

What about Boise? Lmao at anybody arguing that a school with an academic rep like that would get into the Pac in any of our lifetimes.

CSU? Biggest thing working against them is probably the fact CU was added. I get Utah but simultaneously offering CU might be the dumbest thing the Pac ever did.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Huh?

Boise has put  a lot of $$$ into their program.  Not saying they are a shoe in but they have invested more than anyone else up to this point.

CSU is on the verge of spending Millions, possibly hundreds of millions on a new stadium.  Nothing is automatic but I believe that if a B12 invite wasn't a possibility this stadium wouldn't happen. JMHO.

Clearly though, this will just be the reaction of the Western schools after the Pac-16 is realized...

Pac8 side

UW

WSU

UO

OSU

Kal

Stanford

USC

UCLA

Old WAC side

UA

ASU

CU

CSU

Wyo

Utah

UNM

AFA

Then, the Western schools will be free to do what they want to do.

Looking at the old WAC div of a PAC 16 and If I were on the PAC-8 side ...

I'd call for an airport meeting and ditch the dead weight on the other side and throw out a lifeline to UofA and ASU (back to the PAC-10)

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

Clearly though, this will just be the reaction of the Western schools after the Pac-16 is realized...

Pac8 side

UW

WSU

UO

OSU

Kal

Stanford

USC

UCLA

Old WAC side

UA

ASU

CU

CSU

Wyo

Utah

UNM

AFA

Then, the Western schools will be free to do what they want to do.

This would be awesome.  We can all dream I guess.

Boise has put  a lot of $$$ into their program.  Not saying they are a shoe in but they have invested more than anyone else up to this point.

CSU is on the verge of spending Millions, possibly hundreds of millions on a new stadium.  Nothing is automatic but I believe that if a B12 invite wasn't a possibility this stadium wouldn't happen. JMHO.

The verge isn't quite as strong as it was last week.  I'm not srue of the B12, but like I said above, there is no way in hellski that the P12 will give CSU an invite.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

What about Boise? Lmao at anybody arguing that a school with an academic rep like that would get into the Pac in any of our lifetimes.

CSU? Biggest thing working against them is probably the fact CU was added. I get Utah but simultaneously offering CU might be the dumbest thing the Pac ever did.

Agree.  All I'm saying is they are making the attempt better than anyone else so far.

The verge isn't quite as strong as it was last week.  I'm not srue of the B12, but like I said above, there is no way in hellski that the P12 will give CSU an invite.

Pretty sure there is nothing I can post to convince you this is going to happen but here goes....

I'll put up a wyo avatar for a year if this stadium doesn't get green lit by the end of December. 

Jesus. Nobody is spitting off.

How this conference is viewed from the outside (basketball vs football) is based off of how the conference is doing in that sport at that particular time. Every school is going to push the football first and foremost, as that is the only chance to play in the big leagues.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky