Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

17-0

What would have made for a good football score, made for an awesome baseball score. The Dodgers just slaughtered the rival Giants tonight, 17-0 in San Fransicko. Los Angeles had 24 hits in the game.  B) Way to go Blue! 

dodgers_logo.jpg

DUCK THE FODGERS

this. 

or

f the d

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

this. 

or

f the d

That sour grape stew will keep you up all night. And then again tomorrow after Clayton Kershaw gets his 19th win throttling the Gnats. :D

Didn't the giants win 9-0 last night?

17 > 9 :P

I was definitely nervous about this series with the way the Giants have been playing recently. Definitely coming down to it for the NL West title.

8k3esKz.png

Zack Greinke: 2-3 with a 2-run HR, a double, a walk and two runs scored.  That's the starting pitcher folks

The Dodgers scored 10 runs in one inning after they already had two outs. It was a good old fashioned Major league butt whoopin!  B) 

The Dodgers scored 10 runs in one inning after they already had two outs. It was a good old fashioned Major league butt whoopin!  B) 

All fine and dandy.  Kershaw is looking like the National League MVP also.  That said, our blue crew has a score to settle with those Birds from St. Louis

Kemp has come alive lately, a very welcome punch to the Dodgers' offense.  I do worry about the bench a little.  I know you have Turner and Dre (Ethier) who can provide some pop, but is there anyone else?  Haven't been following the team much this year unfortunately.

Kemp has come alive lately, a very welcome punch to the Dodgers' offense.  I do worry about the bench a little.  I know you have Turner and Dre (Ethier) who can provide some pop, but is there anyone else?  Haven't been following the team much this year unfortunately.

The offense definitely has its issues.

People still watch baseball?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/sort/homePct

I know you baseball haters want to pretend that the game is dead but attendance doesn't back it up.

How the hell can anyone hate baseball anyway?  Don't get it.

Doesn't get any better than a day at the park.

I wonder who is more recognized nationally - Clayton Kershaw or Matthew Stafford?  They were high school teammates in football (one year) and baseball (two years).  One pitches for the Los Angeles Dodgers and is a two-time Cy Young award winner who also is recognized as one of the best pitchers in baseball, if not the best.  The other is a quarterback for the Detroit Lions who's thrown for over 4,500 yards each of the last three seasons.

Hard to believe they both graduated from the same high school in the same year.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/attendance/_/sort/homePct

I know you baseball haters want to pretend that the game is dead but attendance doesn't back it up.

How the hell can anyone hate baseball anyway?  Don't get it.

Doesn't get any better than a day at the park.

Love to play the game.  Watching not so much.  Kind of like Golf.  Love to play hate to watch.

Love to play the game.  Watching not so much.  Kind of like Golf.  Love to play hate to watch.

I really enjoy watching when I'm really invested in the teams playing (Dodger games mostly), but I do agree it's harder to watch games I'm neutral towards than other sports.

8k3esKz.png