Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDoggFather

MWC Football Recruiting 2015

When was the last time you were in Boise? Oh...right. Fans and opinions exist outside the MWCboard, radical concept huh.

Exactly, just paradigm shifting!

reaching%20for%20global%20sales%20as%20b

Remember, KY, you created a burden of proof, which none of us were concerned with...

New-Signature.jpg

Man duck fans are absolutely trashing Fresno on the message boards, classless trash. I find it funny as Oregon has players in legal trouble every offseason. Fresno might not be clean, low crime rate city but their program runs a far tighter ship than Oregon.

could you post the link for the boards? i'm just curious as to what's being said.

Fresno hasn't had a player with legal issues since Shirley's DUI in '07 as far as I know.    Oregon fans talking about how it's not a great environment for a kid to get straightened out is hilarious considering all the shit their players have gotten up to

Exactly, just paradigm shifting!

Remember, KY, you created a burden of proof, which none of us were concerned with...

Negative. You made the outrageous claim...back it up...

Fresno football had some welfare fraud issues.. But they seemed to go away quickly so maybe it wasn't a big deal.

Yeah, back in 2011 there was a big ruckus about unnamed players being "implicated" but nobody named any names and nothing came of it, so idk.

Yeah, back in 2011 there was a big ruckus about unnamed players being "implicated" but nobody named any names and nothing came of it, so idk.

From my understanding, it faded because the players weren't complicit in committing fraud...the problems lied with the manner in which the guy (who had worked in the system) was signing up a few players...he was the bad actor, not the players. It lways seemed to me much ado about nothing re the players as the focus was always on the guy signing up people...but on the surface it looked like a possible story...hence the coverage. It fizzled quickly. So I think you're right...Shirley's 2007 misdemeanor DUI (like millions of other folks a year) is the only 'recent' thing that comes to mind.

The Oregon crybabies tell me they don't like losing the kid...but he's had his issue too apparently. Hope he works out.

Also offered by AFA. I used to think that was an indication of good character. Now I'm not so sure.

Anyway, congrats. The kid seems like a very good RB.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Fresno hasn't had a player with legal issues since Shirley's DUI in '07 as far as I know.    Oregon fans talking about how it's not a great environment for a kid to get straightened out is hilarious considering all the +++++ their players have gotten up to

Shirley's DUI was kind of bull$hit to tell the truth. He was sleeping in his car, parked in a private lot in the passenger's seat, and a cop comes knocking on the window and tells him to move the car because it was blocking a fire lane. It was obvious he was drinking, and the cop tells him to move the car...then pops him for DUI.

Fresno football had some welfare fraud issues.. But they seemed to go away quickly so maybe it wasn't a big deal.

A social worker encourage about 7-8 players to apply for food stamps based on income requirements. The kids didn't know it was illegal. It was investigated and dismissed. The NCAA also dismissed it.

I thought Shirley ran into a building.. Never the less, Fresno has done a good job considering their past.

Ya, some guy was taking a dump when Shirley's car came crashing through.

I used to live in those apartments lol.

Shirley's DUI was kind of bull$hit to tell the truth. He was sleeping in his car, parked in a private lot in the passenger's seat, and a cop comes knocking on the window and tells him to move the car because it was blocking a fire lane. It was obvious he was drinking, and the cop tells him to move the car...then pops him for DUI.

damn, that's horseshit 

Legallyy, in CA you can get a DUI for being drunk and asleep in your car. I'm not sure if it matters if you were in the driver's seat or not, but I know you can get one.