Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pioneer

WAC better over all David Locke 1320 KFAN

David Locke today on 1320 KFAN SLC says its hard to belive that UTAH STATE is in a better conference than BYU and Utah.

His thinking is the Top 3 WAC is better than the top 3 MWC. And he is making a huge deal out of them being on ESPN and us on the little brother that could not basicly.

Anyone agree? I sure do not.

Tyler

David Locke today on 1320 KFAN SLC says its hard to belive that UTAH STATE is in a better conference than BYU and Utah.

His thinking is the Top 3 WAC is better than the top 3 MWC. And he is making a huge deal out of them being on ESPN and us on the little brother that could not basicly.

Tyler

Nice one Tyler. This alone is gonna be a 5 page topic with most of it being a pissing match.

David Locke is/has been an idiot who says crap he knows not to be true. He does it for the simple fact that he gets you to have that knee jerk reaction you just had. A completely stupid statement that gets under you skin and riles you up. His target audience is BYU and Utah fans. He probably has a total of two USU fans who can even tune in. Why does he do that? Because that is what he is paid to do. All those talking heads on Utah's AM radio stations are full of themselves and full of crap.

porta_potties_sfw.jpg

Facilities are being upgraded to match the quality of play with the new teams coming into the conference.

The only thing that will keep this from becoming a 5 page piss match is that it is a weekend...maybe it will get buried before Monday.

porta_potties_sfw.jpg

Facilities are being upgraded to match the quality of play with the new teams coming into the conference.

The only thing that will keep this from becoming a 5 page piss match is that it is a weekend...maybe it will get buried before Monday.

Locke is a douchebag! When he was first hired at KJR in Seattle all he did was badmouth The MWC, The WAC, the state of Utah & the cities that were homes to its' sports teams college & pro. I was glad when the sonics canned him, once he hit Seattle he was an instant pac10 homer you'd have thought the SOB was born & raised in the Great Northwet!

Is Locke a USU alum?? <_<

No, he went to school in California... Occidental College I believe.

I have no respect for his style on the radio. His schtick is "stats", everything is stats. It's pretty funny listening to him "breaking down" EVERY detail of every team/player/organization to guess who's best/worst. IHe probably knows how many nanoseconds it takes for Larry Miller to take a dump. It's probably the method on how he's come to the conclusion the WAC is better than the MWC. I wouldn't take anything he says seriously.

MWC Champions 1999, 2003, 2004, 2008

Fiesta Bowl Champions 2005

Sugar Bowl Champions 2009

David Locke is an idiot, he was terrible up here in Seattle and like has been stated earlier someone who likes to get you to have a reaction. He is also the worst and I mean the worst NBA play by play guy i have ever heard on the radio. I am not sure how he ever got to do any of the sonics games.

Also I hear the guys that he use to work with up here in Seattle rip on him on the radio now that he is gone, its pretty funny.

David Locke is an idiot, he was terrible up here in Seattle and like has been stated earlier someone who likes to get you to have a reaction. He is also the worst and I mean the worst NBA play by play guy i have ever heard on the radio. I am not sure how he ever got to do any of the sonics games.

Also I hear the guys that he use to work with up here in Seattle rip on him on the radio now that he is gone, its pretty funny.

sounds like he stirs the pot for entertainment and ratings. Kind of boring imho

Nice one Tyler. This alone is gonna be a 5 page topic with most of it being a pissing match.

David Locke is/has been an idiot who says crap he knows not to be true. He does it for the simple fact that he gets you to have that knee jerk reaction you just had. A completely stupid statement that gets under you skin and riles you up. His target audience is BYU and Utah fans. He probably has a total of two USU fans who can even tune in. Why does he do that? Because that is what he is paid to do. All those talking heads on Utah's AM radio stations are full of themselves and full of crap.

Bingo. Just trying do rile up Kitty and Ute fans.. Nothing more... Now that the Jazz are done and football is more than a month away, the rating must come from somewhere.

Locke is all about shock value..

I think I'm in the midst of a "triple whammy"!

1) Locke was here in Utah when I was going to school at BYU. I graduated and took a job with Boeing in Seattle.

2) Locke accepts a job in Seattle at the same time and haunts me up there.

3) years later, I move back to Utah, and viola! Locke comes back! :angry:

Should I place a restraining order on him???

I no longer listen to 1320am during his time slot. I've switched back to 1280am...I wonder how many other people he's driven off. I tend to think his 2nd stay in Salt Lake will be short lived.

David Locke is/has been an idiot who says crap he knows not to be true. He does it for the simple fact that he gets you to have that knee jerk reaction you just had. A completely stupid statement that gets under you skin and riles you up.

No truer words have ever been spoken. I might actually take this as a compliment if it had been someone else, but the guy is an idiot. Didn't like him the first time he was in Utah, can't stand him now.

A little off topic, but he had Stew Morrill on a while ago, and he acted like a complete idiot then as well. (Said stuff like, you really haven't done much at USU, because your schedule sucks, despite all the postseason appearances.)

Couldn't stand him before that, can't stand him now.

No, he went to school in California... Occidental College I believe.

Last NFL player to attend Oxy . . . Jack Kemp.

That would have been like 1922 or so.

Boom goes the dynamite.

lol

But lets face it maybe he is right...

Boise did take it the Utah and BYU..... Now the third team in the WAC I do not even know who that would be.... GET REAL!

Glad to see I am not alone in thinking he is a cornhole.

Tyler

Tyler

One thing that David Locke did funny is he once had our basketball coach, Stew Morrill, on for an interview. And at one point, he asked him about his non-conference scheduling, which made him upset since it is a touchy subject with him.

Tyler

Locke is a tool who is isn't a college football fan. If he had his way he wouldn't cover college football he prefers the Utah Jazz. He knows about as much as my sister when it comes to college football.

Locke is a tool who is isn't a college football fan. If he had his way he wouldn't cover college football he prefers the Utah Jazz. He knows about as much as my sister when it comes to college football.

Locke's whole schtick is stats.

You cant argue with stats, right non?