Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swedish

MWC Attendance Week 3

its not

Really? If that is really the case, that newspaper would have a very legitimate gripe with how they obtained those records because there is no indication their audit process of the program's numbers was done incorrectly. I also don't know why any legitimate entity would ever release falsified or incorrect turnstile numbers considering the ramifications of it. Are you suggesting the newspaper is actually fudging the numbers, or are you suggesting they were given fudged numbers, because it generally would have to be one or the other.

Aztecs do rely on walk-ups to get crowds above 25K. The walk-up was suppressed by various things.

1. Padres game at home the same time (honoring long time broadcaster).

2. Sold out Charger game the next day.

3. Heat (although I was there and it was not uncomfortable at all. By game time it cooled down a bunch). But the heat took all lot of folks to the beach. A day at the beach doesn't end at 2:30 to get everything together to get back to go to a game as a walk-up.

4. Unknown FCS opponent.

The Aztecs got 30.8K for Army (who also conflicted directly with a home Padres game) and should get more for SJSU (thankfully the Padres are on the road that day). I predict 35K.

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

Aztecs do rely on walk-ups to get crowds above 25K. The walk-up was suppressed by various things.

1. Padres game at home the same time (honoring long time broadcaster).

2. Sold out Charger game the next day.

3. Heat (although I was there and it was not uncomfortable at all. By game time it cooled down a bunch). But the heat took all lot of folks to the beach. A day at the beach doesn't end at 2:30 to get everything together to get back to go to a game as a walk-up.

4. Unknown FCS opponent.

The Aztecs got 30.8K for Army (who also conflicted directly with a home Padres game) and should get more for SJSU (thankfully the Padres are on the road that day). I predict 35K.

Which might translate to 25K in actual attendance. If y'all're lucky.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

From last season's games in SD we sure know what 25,000 empty seats looks like...

More like 40,000

2182908312_fa2b6905af.jpg-2135818783_photo3.jpg!

I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!doc4b15fc59ca0f9099033687.jpg

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

More like 40,000

Which is still 10,000 more than what you guys fill on your best day. Man, even when we are capitulating, you still try to drive in the knife. And it is Wyo, of all teams, to do the talking. Fine, let's put it in context, our average last year filled your stadium past capacity. In fact, it filled more than half the conference's stadiums. Put yourselves in our stadium and you would look like as pathetic as that Miami picture. And you have an on campus stadium. Don't point that BB gun little poke. You'll shoot yer eye out!

I figure Hawaii vs Nevada should bring in around 37,000-40,000 fans to Aloha Stadium this weekend. We are not the only school that is the only game in town or city. Wyoming, Boise State, Fresno State, Nevada don't have much sports competition in there repective city or State for that matter (except Fresno being in California). It's just that Boise, Hawaii, Fresno fans tend to show up for most if not all of the home games it doesn't matter who they're playing. Some schools just have more die hard consistent fans than other schools and some schools have less die hard fans and more fair weather fans that only show up win the team is winning or a big name school is playing.

Which is still 10,000 more than what you guys fill on your best day. Man, even when we are capitulating, you still try to drive in the knife. And it is Wyo, of all teams, to do the talking. Fine, let's put it in context, our average last year filled your stadium past capacity. In fact, it filled more than half the conference's stadiums. Put yourselves in our stadium and you would look like as pathetic as that Miami picture. And you have an on campus stadium. Don't point that BB gun little poke. You'll shoot yer eye out!

Well, we drew 21,500 last week for an FCS game, which is 3,500 less than 25K, but if the SDSU math department teaches you that 3,500 = 10,000 it explains why it took SDSU so long to reach Tier 1 status. Same math department teach you that 25K from a potential market of 5,000,000 is more successful than 21,500 from a potential market of 30,000? If Wyoming was coming off back-to-back bowl seasons, we'd have 30K, even for an FCS opponent, pretty much capacity. SDSU, off of back-to-back bowl seasons is lucky to draw 25K, or less than half capacity. Truly impressive. Y'all're big time. Stadium ops and marketing folks from Tuscaloosa to Austin will be burning up your AD's phone all season to find out how you do it!

If Wyoming was coming off back-to-back bowl seasons, we'd have 30K, even for an FCS opponent, pretty much capacity.

Like that would ever happen but, sure you would. 5-2, going for bowl eligibility aginst a ranked 6-2 TCU squad, and you draw 17,673. But, dont fret, you followed that up ( Senior Day no less) with a crowd of 14,959 after becoming bowl eligible the previous week at AF.

nXlmx.gif

Back to Back Mountain West Tourney Champs

Like that would ever happen but, sure you would. 5-2, going for bowl eligibility aginst a ranked 6-2 TCU squad, and you draw 17,673. But, dont fret, you followed that up ( Senior Day no less) with a crowd of 14,959 after becoming bowl eligible the previous week at AF.

But it was 100 degrees.

Following a losing season. Besides 17,673 and 14,959 is a lot more impressive in a city of 30,000 than those two figures combined in a city of 4,000,000.

Keep it up Andre, you really do remind me of your mom...

Following a losing season. Besides 17,673 and 14,959 is a lot more impressive in a city of 30,000 than those two figures combined in a city of 4,000,000.

Keep it up Andre, you really do remind me of your mom...

the old % angle. An oldie but a goodie. Stick to being the board's movie critic, you at least APPEAR to be good at it.. And this reminds me of your mom.

hog.jpg

nXlmx.gif

Back to Back Mountain West Tourney Champs

the old % angle. An oldie but a goodie. Stick to being the board's movie critic, you at least APPEAR to be good at it.. And this reminds me of your mom.

hog.jpg

My seven-year-old nephew called- he wants his retort back.

Sad, isn't it Andre, when no one where the team's located, really cares about the team?

Well, we drew 21,500 last week for an FCS game, which is 3,500 less than 25K, but if the SDSU math department teaches you that 3,500 = 10,000 it explains why it took SDSU so long to reach Tier 1 status. Same math department teach you that 25K from a potential market of 5,000,000 is more successful than 21,500 from a potential market of 30,000? If Wyoming was coming off back-to-back bowl seasons, we'd have 30K, even for an FCS opponent, pretty much capacity. SDSU, off of back-to-back bowl seasons is lucky to draw 25K, or less than half capacity. Truly impressive. Y'all're big time. Stadium ops and marketing folks from Tuscaloosa to Austin will be burning up your AD's phone all season to find out how you do it!

Nobody has said big time. Again, you try to insert your words into anything we have said to try to legitimize your argument. It is pathetic, really. Every Aztec has said how disappointing our attendance is, and you try to backdoor it as if we aren't saying that. But yes, fact is, that you have one football school in your state. ONE. You have the only college football that matters, and you can only manage 25,000 (tops). It is disgusting. Minnesota pulls 55,000 even when NDSU beats them, because they are the college football team of the state. I enjoy most Wyo fans. But if you to want to play gunslinger, and pull idiot notions out, just remember: We average your stadium. All variables to not attend an Aztec game (pathetic as they may be), we still show out more than you do. And it isn't bandwagon football fans, like Tuscaloosa, Austin, or Ann Arbor. It isn't people attending their states team Only people I do see are Aztecs. And I thank them for coming out. Crack 50,000. Or 40,000. Or 35,000. Then do it in a pro stadium for decades. then talk.

Sure is. I think its called Laramie.

Yeah, when only half the population turns out for a game, it's just not a draw. Unlike, say, San Diego, where the residents have to think about it when you ask if they've heard of the Aztecs.