Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RambleOn

G5 Rank em

really surprised no one has started a G5 poll with the competition for the NYD Bowl spot on the line this year, at least none that I've seen to this point.  That being said, I thought I'd kick it off, so here it goes:

Top 10 G5

1) E. Carolina (3-1) - hard to argue w/ wins over VT and hanging 70 on ECU.  These guys would matchup well against most P5 schools.  Only loss is by 10 @ S. Carolina.

2) Cincy (2-0) - no real great resume wins yet, but @ Ohio St. this weekend.  Gunner Kiel has looked as good as advertised.

3) Boise (3-1) - loss to Ole Miss hurts, but still a very good program.  Big matchups w/ Nevada and BYU looming.

4) Marshall (4-0) - no wins against quality opponents, but they've destroyed everyone they've played.  Cato looks like the real deal.  Its too bad they don't have any P5 on the schedule.  It'll be hard to tell how good this team really is.

5) Nevada (2-1) - scored a win over Wash. St and hung tough w/ UofA.  Big games at home vs. Boise and CSU coming up.

6) CSU (2-1) - beat a weak P5 CU Buffs, played Boise tough on the Blue and dominated FCS UC Davis.  Huge game this weekend vs. BC.

7) N. Illinois (3-1) - beat a weak P5 Northwestern on the road, beat UNLV on the road, and got stomped by Arkansas. 

8) Temple (2-1) - ran over P5 Vandy on the road and played close game w/ Navy, losing 31-24.

9) Memphis (2-1) - beat a good MTSU squad handily and really hung tough w/ UCLA on the road.  Big game @ Ole Miss this weekend.  Could be a scary team in the AAC.

10) UTEP (2-1) - Won the TX/NM border war by scoring wins over UNM and NMSU.  Played Texas Tech withing 4 points at home.

Others recieving votes:  UAB (2-1), Wyo (3-1), W. Michigan (2-1)

Top G5 Conferences

1) AAC - E. Carolina, Cincy, Temple, Memphis

2) MWC - Boise, Nevada, CSU

3) CUSA - Marhall, UTEP

4) MAC - N. Illinois

BTW, really glad BYU decided to go indy and we don't have to worry about them taking a deserving NYD bowl spot from deserving college aged kids.  #suckitBYU

1. ECU

2. Cincy

3. Boise 

4. Marshall

5. UNR

6. Memphis

7. Colorado State

8. Temple

9. NIU

10. SDSU

1. AAC for now 

2. MWC

3. C-USA

4. MAC

5. Sun Belt 

IMO, Marshall will not jump 1 loss AAC, MWC teams 

Related image

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Top G5 Teams (Sagarin Rank) 

Boise St (39)

Cincinnati (40)

Central Florida (48)

East Carolina (50)

Marshall (59)

San Diego St (65)

Houston (66)

Northern Illinois (67)

Toledo (68)

Memphis (69)

Top G5 Conferences / Divisons (Sagarin Rank)

AAC (11)

MWC-West (12)

MWC-Mountain (13)

CUSA-West (14)

MAC-West (16)

CUSA-East (17)

SBC (18)

MAC-East (19)

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Top G5 Teams (Sagarin Rank)

Boise St (39)

Cincinnati (40)

Central Florida (48)

East Carolina (50)

Marshall (59)

San Diego St (65)

Houston (66)

Northern Illinois (67)

Toledo (68)

Memphis (69)

Top G5 Conferences / Divisons (Sagarin Rank)

AAC (11)

MWC-West (12)

MWC-Mountain (13)

CUSA-West (14)

MAC-West (16)

CUSA-East (17)

SBC (18)

MAC-East (19)

This is a terrible year for the NR5... no one looks great...

1. BSU

2. BYU (who doesn't count, but remains relevant to BSU & other MW team's SOS)

3. ECU

4. Cincy

5. Nevada

6. SDSU

7. Marshal

8  Who cares?

Talking end-game:

Here's to BSU's hopeful vitcory against the much maligned BYU Cewgers.  Should BSU get the Access Bowl after beating undefeated BYU, then winning out, I'd like to see a sweet rematch against Oklahoma; as an At Large Bid - which won't ever happen for a 1-loss GO5 team in the future - I'd like to get revenge against ECU...

Second, I agree with KY, in that should BYU go undefeated, its ultimatly destiny will be to play Marshal - as an at large, if it lucky - LOL!!  BYU vs. Marshal is SOO mush worse than BSU vs. TCU, and we'd all have to LMAO if Marshal actually won.  Talk about embarrassing!

Opinions:

1. The GO5 should have a 4-seed playoff for the access slot, comprised of the 4 highest ranked champions - talk about an awesome system!  That way, the winner would likley be MW or AAC, and a four team playoff to get in an Access Bowl would be $$$ all-around!

2. Marshal just doesn't belong...

3. Ultimately we'll all be dissapointed after this first FBS "playoff" year.

New-Signature.jpg

How about a 4 team G5 playoff to get the lowest seed in a 8 team National Championship playoff?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

How about no. You want a G5 team to play (possibly) 5 playoff games? You want a 4-game preseason too?

Oh boo hoo. The NFL plays far more games with less people on the roster. Obviously it wouldn't be ideal, but a G5 play-in is far more preferable than being shut out completely as we basically are now. IMO, the best system would be just to run what the FCS runs and have a 16 team playoff with auto-bids to conference champions and a couple at large bids for other P5s.

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

really surprised no one has started a G5 poll with the competition for the NYD Bowl spot on the line this year, at least none that I've seen to this point. That being said, I thought I'd kick it off, so here it goes:

Top 10 G5

1) E. Carolina (3-1) - hard to argue w/ wins over VT and hanging 70 on ECU. These guys would matchup well against most P5 schools. Only loss is by 10 @ S. Carolina.

2) Cincy (2-0) - no real great resume wins yet, but @ Ohio St. this weekend. Gunner Kiel has looked as good as advertised.

3) Boise (3-1) - loss to Ole Miss hurts, but still a very good program. Big matchups w/ Nevada and BYU looming.

4) Marshall (4-0) - no wins against quality opponents, but they've destroyed everyone they've played. Cato looks like the real deal. Its too bad they don't have any P5 on the schedule. It'll be hard to tell how good this team really is.

5) Nevada (2-1) - scored a win over Wash. St and hung tough w/ UofA. Big games at home vs. Boise and CSU coming up.

6) CSU (2-1) - beat a weak P5 CU Buffs, played Boise tough on the Blue and dominated FCS UC Davis. Huge game this weekend vs. BC.

7) N. Illinois (3-1) - beat a weak P5 Northwestern on the road, beat UNLV on the road, and got stomped by Arkansas.

8) Temple (2-1) - ran over P5 Vandy on the road and played close game w/ Navy, losing 31-24.

9) Memphis (2-1) - beat a good MTSU squad handily and really hung tough w/ UCLA on the road. Big game @ Ole Miss this weekend. Could be a scary team in the AAC.

10) UTEP (2-1) - Won the TX/NM border war by scoring wins over UNM and NMSU. Played Texas Tech withing 4 points at home.

Others recieving votes: UAB (2-1), Wyo (3-1), W. Michigan (2-1)

Top G5 Conferences

1) AAC - E. Carolina, Cincy, Temple, Memphis

2) MWC - Boise, Nevada, CSU

3) CUSA - Marhall, UTEP

4) MAC - N. Illinois

BTW, really glad BYU decided to go indy and we don't have to worry about them taking a deserving NYD bowl spot from deserving college aged kids. #suckitBYU

We aren't a g5 team please leave us alone

The Masters 5k road race All American.

Oh boo hoo. The NFL plays far more games with less people on the roster. Obviously it wouldn't be ideal, but a G5 play-in is far more preferable than being shut out completely as we basically are now. IMO, the best system would be just to run what the FCS runs and have a 16 team playoff with auto-bids to conference champions and a couple at large bids for other P5s.

why don't you just come out and say what you're really getting at ... In your mind, the Access Bowl slot is (for the G5) THE National Championship.  If you felt otherwise, you would not want to disadvantage the G5 rep to the actual playoffs by having them play 2 extra games before bracket play in the CFP.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

1. BSU

2. BYU (who doesn't count, but remains relevant to BSU & other MW team's SOS)

3. ECU

4. Cincy

5. Nevada

6. SDSU

7. Marshal

8  Who cares?

Talking end-game:

Here's to BSU's hopeful vitcory against the much maligned BYU Cewgers.  Should BSU get the Access Bowl after beating undefeated BYU, then winning out, I'd like to see a sweet rematch against Oklahoma; as an At Large Bid - which won't ever happen for a 1-loss GO5 team in the future - I'd like to get revenge against ECU...

Second, I agree with KY, in that should BYU go undefeated, its ultimatly destiny will be to play Marshal - as an at large, if it lucky - LOL!!  BYU vs. Marshal is SOO mush worse than BSU vs. TCU, and we'd all have to LMAO if Marshal actually won.  Talk about embarrassing!

Opinions:

1. The GO5 should have a 4-seed playoff for the access slot, comprised of the 4 highest ranked champions - talk about an awesome system!  That way, the winner would likley be MW or AAC, and a four team playoff to get in an Access Bowl would be $$$ all-around!

2. Marshal just doesn't belong...

3. Ultimately we'll all be dissapointed after this first FBS "playoff" year.

You're using the exact same mentality people used to use against you guys with regards to Marshall.

You guys wrote the book on SoS over 100 and a BCS game.  Embrace it.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Just wait until the G5 champ in the Access Bowl has no P5 wins and one or two P5 or G5 losses.

The country will be up in arms that they have a NY6 bowl slot.

meh, I doubt anyone would notice with the CFP and all -- all other bowl games have been rendered basically moot

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

why don't you just come out and say what you're really getting at ... In your mind, the Access Bowl slot is (for the G5) THE National Championship. If you felt otherwise, you would not want to disadvantage the G5 rep to the actual playoffs by having them play 2 extra games before bracket play in the CFP.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if it guaranteed a spot in the CFP, it would be worth the extra games.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that if it guaranteed a spot in the CFP, it would be worth the extra games.

That is just stupid! Extra games going into a playoff for the National Championship for a spot that is already guaranteed to one of the teams you want to play for it?

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

That is just stupid! Extra games going into a playoff for the National Championship for a spot that is already guaranteed to one of the teams you want to play for it?

You're confusing yourself.

A G5 team will never make the CFP as currently constituted.

What I proposed, a play in game, would guarantee a spot for a G5 team.

What would you rather have, a guaranteed spot with a few extra games, or little to no chance at all to make the CFP?

You're confusing yourself.

A G5 team will never make the CFP as currently constituted.

What I proposed, a play in game, would guarantee a spot for a G5 team.

What would you rather have, a guaranteed spot with a few extra games, or little to no chance at all to make the CFP?

No, I am not confused at all ... true, it is virtually, but not impossible for a G5 to make a 4 team playoff as constructed.

There is no guarantee to any conference a spot in the playoffs.  One or more P5 conferences will also be left out of the playoffs.

If you were to guarantee a spot to a G5 member to one of the 4 playoff berths -- that would not fly

If you were to guarantee a playoff berth to a G5 member in an 8 team playoff, then there is no need for a pre-playoff-playoff

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg