Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdgaucho

Big West might take SJSU back, for the right price

So I see these complaints about how San Jose State is a turd, that they should leave and go back to the Big West, that they don't belong here, etc.  As if you can just "gift" us your problem for free.  Not going to happen, folks.

This year, the BW and MW are right next to each other in conference RPI.  The computer numbers say there is not much difference between the 12th and 13th ranked conferences.  This doesn't look like it will be only a one year thing, either.   So you are not going to dump that RPI anchor on us and get away unscathed.

Fortunately, the one thing we all have learned since 2012 is that we will accept a headache, for the right price.  If you want to dump - I mean, give away - San Jose State, this is what we'll need to get it done.

1. Every MW member, from oil rich Wyoming to stadium starved Suds, pays the Big West $150,000 annually for the next 10 years as compensation for accepting another RPI anchor.  Basically, a total of $15 million to the BW through 2025.

2. 10% of the Mountain West CFP share for the next 10 years, including any bonus monies gained from participation in a "New Year's 6" bowl game or the Playoff itself. 

3.  Four guaranteed basketball games from San Diego State every year for the next 10 years (two home, two away); AND every Big West member hosts the Aztecs at least once.

4. A promise to never invite or accept Hawaii as a full member.

That work for everyone?

we deserve some compensation for the RPI hit we'd be taking by accepting SJSU back.  You're all flush with cash, you can afford paying a meager $150k annually.

As a fellow Cal State brethren (and Big West charter member), you just can't kick them to the curb and not at least help them find a home.  Your generous donations are just compensation for accepting them into our abode once again.  The money acquired will help build and maintain a stronger BW, which is good for everybody.

hella guay thread

Someone has to let the MW fans know where (I hope) we stand on you.   I want you to stay.  But if we have to take ya, we deserve to be paid.

Someone has to let the MW fans know where (I hope) we stand on you. I want you to stay. But if we have to take ya, we deserve to be paid.

Lol, nobody wants san joser.

So I see these complaints about how San Jose State is a turd, that they should leave and go back to the Big West, that they don't belong here, etc.  As if you can just "gift" us your problem for free.  Not going to happen, folks.

This year, the BW and MW are right next to each other in conference RPI.  The computer numbers say there is not much difference between the 12th and 13th ranked conferences.  This doesn't look like it will be only a one year thing, either.   So you are not going to dump that RPI anchor on us and get away unscathed.

Fortunately, the one thing we all have learned since 2012 is that we will accept a headache, for the right price.  If you want to dump - I mean, give away - San Jose State, this is what we'll need to get it done.

1. Every MW member, from oil rich Wyoming to stadium starved Suds, pays the Big West $150,000 annually for the next 10 years as compensation for accepting another RPI anchor.  Basically, a total of $15 million to the BW through 2025.

2. 10% of the Mountain West CFP share for the next 10 years, including any bonus monies gained from participation in a "New Year's 6" bowl game or the Playoff itself. 

3.  Four guaranteed basketball games from San Diego State every year for the next 10 years (two home, two away); AND every Big West member hosts the Aztecs at least once.

That work for everyone?

Just STFU already.  Holy crap. 

kat.jpg

hella guay threads need hella guay posters, way to answer the call cincy

Hella Hella Hella, lol.  I'm having flashback to a douche I used to work with who said "Hella" every fourth word.

1407389344905.gif

Just letting everyone know - this thread was my attempt to troll.

Stunner, Mug... I need more practice. 

Don't feel too bad.  You got one tub o guts troll to respond.....

Huh-Hunh.jpg

Guest #1Stunner

That work for everyone?

JDGaucho, I like you, but you have no negotiation power here....

Why? 

The WAC.  The WAC would dump a load in it shorts to get SJSU.  Hell, NMSU would be thrilled.  And the WAC would tell the MWC it would take SJSU in exchange for UNLV scheduling a 2-2 basketball series with NM State.

New WAC would be this:

WAC (colors show travel partners)

(1) Seattle U

(2) San Jose State 

(3) Cal State Bakersfield 

(4) Utah Valley

(5) Missouri KC

(6) Chicago State

(7) Texas Pan American

(8) NM State

Grand Canyon leaves and joins the Big West.... (Big West at 10 total teams with addition of Grand Canyon)

Guest #1Stunner

Just letting everyone know - this thread was my attempt to troll.

Stunner, Mug... I need more practice. 

Troll?... you are creating a discussion.

Every idea on the table.  Discussion will flush out the bad ideas.  Not a bad post...