Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyomingCoog

OT - Childhood Sports Nostalgia

Saw a picture of these helmets and it got me reminiscing......what are some of the cool sports items you collected/had or remember from your childhood? 

$(KGrHqV,!rUFHNmJOmPUBR3(-2ojJg~~60_57.J

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

I still have all my trading cards.  Looking back, I was a huge KG, Terrell Davis, Curtis Martin, Napoleon Kaufman :blink: , and Steve Francis fan.

I still have my Kirby Puckett, Barry Sanders, Frank Thomas, and OJ Simpson rookie cards, and Big O's second year card.  I also found one of those game jersey cards with the signatures of Steve McNair.  But nothing beats my Wayne Terwilliger signed card, he lived down the street from me and was a nice guy.

And I used to keep all of my Homer Hankies and mini Twins bats, including the World Series game when Puckett caught it jumping against the plexi-glass.  If it isn't gone, it must be buried in a closet by my mother.

Remember the little MLB helmets filled will an ice cream sunday from DQ?

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

These used to sell like crack at my elementary school....

IMAG0017.jpg

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Remember the little MLB helmets filled will an ice cream sunday from DQ?

Yup...mine were Baskin Robbins....

Wrestling Buddies....

WarriorBuddy.jpg

Oh shite, you make me want to make the paper "footballs" and do the field goal game during Home Ec. :D

haha...

NFL Huddles....

8a6bf48b13e278cc924a7a4875b700f7.jpg

SI for Kids....

89063becbba20b48bd33a01de4e94fd1.jpg

Skybox.....

194083.JPG

I still have all my trading cards.  Looking back, I was a huge KG, Terrell Davis, Curtis Martin, Napoleon Kaufman :blink: , and Steve Francis fan.

I still have my Kirby Puckett, Barry Sanders, Frank Thomas, and OJ Simpson rookie cards, and Big O's second year card.  I also found one of those game jersey cards with the signatures of Steve McNair.  But nothing beats my Wayne Terwilliger signed card, he lived down the street from me and was a nice guy.

And I used to keep all of my Homer Hankies and mini Twins bats, including the World Series game when Puckett caught it jumping against the plexi-glass.  If it isn't gone, it must be buried in a closet by my mother.

That Puckett moment is one of my favorites and I didn't even grow up a Twins fan....

Do kids even collect cards anymore?

The real NY Jets helmet.....

jets-78-89.jpg

Tecmo Bowl

Great memories. The Bears and 49ers were so hard to beat in that game.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

mP8xbDlSnaM4J2yvTPoOBmg.jpg

Used to collect these back in the 60's. Chargers Coke bottle tops. If you filled up a whole sheet you got prizes. Found these advertised on ebay. Includes Aztec Gary Garrison.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say